Universal Dead Ahead (by Mobirate Studio)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, May 22, 2013.

1. Eoghann

Eoghann Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    IT Guy/Graphic Designer/Gamer
    New York
    It's about time! Thanks!

2. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    #322 L.Lawliet, Dec 11, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2013
    FINALLY.

Am pretty annoyed about the launcher being nerfed. I think many people in the thread said not to nerf it but I'm inclined to believe WE made them nerf it because we told them how amazing it was compared to the other guns... :l Should have kept our mouths shut.. As with most free games, if there's one option that's way better than the rest, they don't want you to have it. Waited so long just to be disappointed in some other way. Feels a bit cheated because technically we all paid to use that and they modified it to make it worse.. so is this wrong ethically? I'm sure people bought it before because of how amazing people said it was - which it isn't anymore.

I'll upgrade because of the massive features but seriously, ruining my favorite weapon (I rarely used it because I wanted to save it for when I wanted to have fun) really irritates me. I'll give it a try and hopefully it's not actually that bad but if it is, I may edit my review for them on iTunes.

3. OmiOne

OmiOne Member

Jan 24, 2013
    Pretty peeved as well. You need to use Double Damage perk to get her damage back up to normal levels, which costs 1k per run. I'm also noticing the mobs are getting to higher speeds faster, which means they start overtaking you pretty quickly. I'm getting swarmed around the 3000-4000km point. On the plus side, there are fewer of those deathtrap map areas which stick you with only one way to evade the trap, missing it meaning an instant crash.

The most annoying part for me though is that the continue button appears really quickly after a crash and the accept button is right where the gun trigger area is. So if you're button mashing the trigger, like I do, while I concentrate on evading obstacles with the direction buttons, I usually winding up accidentally accepting a continue without meaning to. Several times in a row this happened until I broke the bank. :( As it is, I was depending on Betty on Nightmare to farm for money. I might be seriously screwed.

4. OmiOne

OmiOne Member

Jan 24, 2013
    Ok. I think they've gotten rid of the Daily Challenge, which I think is a waste. Not sure why they'd do that.

Just unlocked Slums. Very challenging obstacle course. I see now why they decided to put in unlimited continues. Expect to crash routinely. There are several obstacles that require you to have a certain amount of speed to clear when you hit the ramp. Lots of blocks with mini paths that you have to thread through, on top of dodging mobs at Bridge difficulty, which means they'll be automatically faster than idle speed with plenty of Banshees. There's one evil road arrow on the top lane that leads to a ramp up to a ruined hummer but drops you right into the back of a bus. Have not been able to survive long enough to trigger a boss yet. The course gets easier if you select a lesser vehicle and/or weapon. Not really sure why I'd want to play this course. It's hard and potentially expensive to get far. You need to amass a warchest first for all the continues and I'm not sure if there's anything new or interesting to see further down. Trying to save money for upgrades.

Also finally saved enough to buy the Railgun. Very nice one-hit kill weapon on mobs. One star less damage than Betty but actually more reliable because you hit the crowd directly behind you so it's pretty good against Banshees. Only trouble is the ammo count at 3 without perks/upgrades and you may have trouble taking out mobs like the machine gun zombie or trash zombie if you miss ramming it cos you gotta line it up behind you. Took 6 shots to kill a Green Boss, maybe 9 or 10 for a Superboss without upgrades. Might be the real reason why they nerfed Betty - to get people to play with it.

Overall, I think I'm happy with the upgrade for the new weapons and stuff. I do miss Daily Challenge though. Would like more mini-missions for gold rewards or some other stuff just for fun.

5. d[]nt_13link

d[]nt_13link New Member

Jan 1, 2014
    go for the heavy pistol and fully upgrade it. dont ever get the smg and the nail gun. they are extremely weak and therefore you wont be able to bring even ONE zombie down with those things.

6. d[]nt_13link

d[]nt_13link New Member

Jan 1, 2014
    it IS a beefed up launcher.

7. d[]nt_13link

d[]nt_13link New Member

Jan 1, 2014
    is the antique rifle good? i love repeating rifles but im not sure if its worth more than a launcher. dat rifle looks like a sexy beast tho.

8. hvianna

hvianna Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2012
    Male
    IT Analyst / Webmaster
    Brazil
    I prefer the advanced antique rifle (upgraded once) to the grenade launcher. It's great for getting a lot of double kills and the animation is pretty cool!

9. Kribo

Kribo Active Member

Jun 14, 2013
    UmeƄ, Sweden
    Well, the new update destroyed it. It had the possibility of being on par with Jetpack Joyride but instead it turned into a garbage pile of ad-filled revenue hungry crap like Subway Surfers. Still tons of bugs as well.

10. Eoghann

Eoghann Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    IT Guy/Graphic Designer/Gamer
    New York
    Any IAP gets rid of all the ads in Dead Ahead and Subway Surfers. They are, after all free games.

11. hvianna

Jun 14, 2012
    Male
    IT Analyst / Webmaster
    Brazil
    #331 hvianna, Jan 6, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2014
    Today's update fixes the ranking bug! Apparently they have also fixed the nerf on Betty, but I couldn't tell since I haven't got her (yet).

So it's back to rank 16 for me, with some fun and tough missions ahead! Yay! # Great timing, because yesterday I finally unlocked the twins and thought I wouldn't have any motivation to keep playing..

12. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    This is not true!!!

****i bought the coin doubler, instead of removing adds (thinking if kill 2 birds with one stone)...and I'm still spammed with ads every half second. I'm going to pm the dev****

13. chief78

Jul 24, 2012
    #333 chief78, Feb 1, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2014
    I'm a bit late to the party, but I bought the coin doubler thinking that an IAP purchase (especially a premium purchase) would also remove the overly-obtrusive ads, but it hasn't. Is this a glitch or oversight?

EDIT: I was advised to reach out to the support team, but I didn't bother. I (admittedly shamefully) paid to remove the ads. I also pm'd a response just to advise that if all Chillingo games going forward are going to feature the ridiculous amount of ads, I'm out. Chillingo had the most real estate on my phone last year, so I'm hoping this was a one-off thing they tried for this game....

14. chief78

Jul 24, 2012
    If I have one gripe (besides the IAP bust on the ad removal), I wish the combo multiplier stayed active for even just 1 more second. I'm stuck at level 9 trying to get a 100 kill combo (well, that's what I'm working on. Haven't been able to get a 2nd boss to appear, and have only gotten far enough to see 3 power ups, see....not actually get)...62 is the best I seem to be able to pull. Only opened up the 3rd level so far, and even here it seems like there's these huge gaps with no enemies, and makes it impossible to keep a combo rolling, even when I'm killing zombies behind me to keep it alive (it'll be like 4 zombies chasing me and I try to slowly take them out, but even then there's almost no zombies ahead that I can get to in time...even when I speed up).

15. hvianna

Jun 14, 2012
    Male
    IT Analyst / Webmaster
    Brazil
    My advice is to avoid speeding up and ride slow, this way you'll have more zombies following you. Accelerate just to avoid being caught, then hit some zombie or small obstacle to slow down again as soon as possible.

It's easier to get a higher combo as you get farther, because the zombies spawn more quickly. Just make sure you upgrade your weapon or you'll need multiple shots to kill them and this will also make it harder to keep the combo.

16. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    What's the best way to unlock the slums? How do you take out the trash?

17. hvianna

Jun 14, 2012
    Male
    IT Analyst / Webmaster
    Brazil
    You need to kill 50 "trash zombies". These are stationary zombies, dressed in a chef outfit I guess, that appear occasionally in every level.

18. DigY

DigY Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Hi everyone!

We need beta testers for new Dead Ahead game (not the sequel).
    Need people with iOS 8 devices.

Apply by filling the Google form.
    You will be contacted if chosen.

19. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    You should announce this in a new thread in the upcoming section. You'll get much more response that way.

20. hvianna

Jun 14, 2012
    Male
    IT Analyst / Webmaster
    Brazil
    #340 hvianna, Jun 29, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2015
    Ooh I'm all in! I love Dead Ahead and still play it to this day, would love to see more of it!

Edit: I didn't find where to specify devices on the Google Form, but I have an iPhone6 and an iPad mini 2, both with iOS 8.3