iPhone CHAOS RINGS HD by Square Enix

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Apr 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heavy liquid

heavy liquid Well-Known Member

May 17, 2010
    #21 heavy liquid, Jun 21, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2010
    I can't find the video, but here are 5 screens of the iPhone version running on the iPad.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=20873272&postcount=181

I'll see if I can't take a video myself and throw it up on Youtube. I won't be able to do it for a few hours though.

2. Vinyl Darhma

Vinyl Darhma Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2010
    wow it just looks like the ipod version only bigger, i wish they made the graphics a lot more HD like.

3. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    Did you read what the poster said? It's scaled up on the iPad which means it IS the iPhone version (thank goodness)

4. heavy liquid

May 17, 2010
    #24 heavy liquid, Jun 22, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2010
    Yeah, I edited my post above for clarity. I guess I can see how the mistake could be made if he was reading fast and didn't my conversation with ipod's rock from the previous page. The little 1X on the bottom of the screens should have been a clue, though. ;)

The screens are also a bit misleading, because it doesn't look nearly that jaggy in motion.

5. heavy liquid

May 17, 2010
    Okay, I finally got around to taking a video of the iPhone/iTouch version running on my iPad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_T0PMkqrOYc

It's a little over 4 minutes showing the opening of the game, running around and a bit of the menu.

This is the first video I've tried taking of anything running on it, and I think it turned out decent enough. Obviously click on the 720p option on the bottom right of the Youtube screen for higher quality video.

6. GordonFreeman

GordonFreeman Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2010
    Wow! I have to say it's looks pretty good to me.

7. Soulblitz

Soulblitz Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2010
    Excellent, I've been looking for video of it running on an iPad in 2x for a while now, and having watched the video, I think I'm going to hold out for the HD version. It looks surprisingly good in 2x, but I figure I've waited this long, so I might as well go all the way.

8. seyoon

seyoon Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2009
    East Coast
    I seriously thought we'd see CR HD this month but looks like we'll still have to wait for August. Or maybe even later. :(

Source: PocketGamer http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/Various/The+Rumour+Mine/feature.asp?c=22206

9. Abisco

Abisco Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2010
    On the internet.
  10. thebleeptruth

thebleeptruth Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Oh my gosh! Late August?? Can't wait. Instant buy for me!!! IMO this will be the epitome of iPad gaming for my device, which I could also show off to all my friends who are mostly PSP gamers.

Looking forward to a sequel to FF Tactics on the iPad. Or an exclusive FF title for the iPad.

11. gsspzcw

gsspzcw Active Member

Apr 4, 2010
    I would loooooooove FF tactics on the iPad. I would also love a Shining Force 2 port (Are you listening SEGA???). The iPad screams turn-based strat-RPG. An advance wars like game would rock as well.

12. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    I assume you've seen The War of Eustrath. If not, you may want to check it out. You are definitely right: the iPad could prove to be the perfect platform for turn-based SRPGs.

13. gsspzcw

gsspzcw Active Member

Apr 4, 2010
    I have seen it, but the screenshots in the App Store don't look like what I read in the description and I have a rule to avoid those apps (especially when it is $8 from someone I've never heard of).

14. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Read through the comments here. As you will be able to tell, I'm very enthusiastic about the game -- I've put in over 20 hours into it and nowhere near finished. It's a true SRPG and one of the best RPGs in the App Store.

15. gsspzcw

gsspzcw Active Member

Apr 4, 2010
    Read through the thread. I'm considering it, but I usually prefer the sword/magic RPGs. Does this have a class system like Tactics Ogre or FF Tactics?

Thanks for the info.

16. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    I'm responding on the War of Eustrath thread (don't want to derail this one).

17. thebleeptruth

thebleeptruth Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2009
    FF Tactics is my favorite game of all time. I've read it here in TA that they're finally porting it to the iPhone/iPod Touch. It'd be great for an iPad version but having already played it, I'm looking forward more to a sequel of some sort, and for the iPad of course. Even before the iPad came, I've always thought that the App Store was lacking in much much needed long-term TBS games like FF Tactics, which is so perfect for the platform. And now we've got the iPad! Square Enix better start moving!

And regarding War of Eustrath, it would have been great with better visuals.

18. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Montreal
    Wow, this game already looks awesome on the iPhone, I can't see how it will look on the iPad.

19. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    If you're talking about the map, I agree with you -- what's there works, but it's fairly basic. The combat screens, interface, and character graphics are very good, though.

20. seyoon

seyoon Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2009
    East Coast
    You can bet it won't be a lazy rush job like some games and apps porting from the iPhone version hoping fans to double dip. SE is taking it's time with it that's why it takes a bit more wait. Just like the wait for the iPhone CR, it was so worth it.