iPad STREET FIGHTER IV Volt - [Capcom]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Jun 29, 2011.

1. Snooper

Snooper Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2011
    Australia
    Ok, ill keep that in mind. I just watched some of our replays, lol at my random super on wakeup, i thought you would fireball but i caught you doing a low hard punch i think :D

2. nashberry

nashberry Well-Known Member

Nov 23, 2011
    Me too~ I can't find any of his replays.. I only fought him once~ he is very good in using the screw kick. Fast and Furious.

3. Ken|Ken

Ken|Ken Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2011
    Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Yes you did and that was a beauty! I started playing lax'd because I had a big lead! Did you save Game 9? I want to see how I pulled off that come back!

4. Ken|Ken

Nov 2, 2011
    Vancouver, BC, Canada
    I use the Yoga Spear too! It's Sim's dive kick!
    I think I tried that on you this morning! Sorry bud... I uploaded the video...

5. nashberry

nashberry Well-Known Member

Nov 23, 2011
    Haha~ no worry~ good match is always worth upload :)

6. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    I'm resetting my account. I'm f***ing fed up with this.

After phone calls and whatever I lost a bunch of BP and the game put me in the rage quitter category. Yes, there is one. Get enough drops on your record and you'll start fighting the bottom of the barrel players regardless of your bp and it's FILLED with rage quitters.:mad: I can't take it anymore. I thought I could just play it out and it would get back to normal, but at least 90% of my wins are rage quitters now. My bp has dropped about 1000 points to 1300.:mad:

I'd rather just not play at all. This quit being fun a long time ago. I feel like I was mistakingly put in the class with the "special" kids.

7. Snooper

Snooper Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2011
    Australia
    Nope, i only saved the one where i did ex fireball ultra and the random super. Dont worry i wont upload them :D

8. Ken|Ken

Nov 2, 2011
    Vancouver, BC, Canada
    It's ok! go ahead if you want to upload it for educational purposes. I am not going to upload our friendlys.

9. HarlequinRogue

HarlequinRogue Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2012
    Shanghai
    Thanks for the games Ken^2. Always a pleasure to play against good sims

10. Ken|Ken

Nov 2, 2011
    Vancouver, BC, Canada
    You play a good set of characters! It's late here and would love to play you more soon! NIGHT! :D

11. Ken|Ken

Nov 2, 2011
    Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Hang in there! There was one time I pressed the home button during the loading page because the other side is non-responsive. But it count as a disconnect.

Playing with the bottom barrel players are a whole different story! You can tell how good they are by looking at their BP lol!

Hopefully you will run into someone with the same situation and play a few Ranked Matches and will get you off the Rage quitter server! I did that a few times!

12. slrc_91

slrc_91 Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Student
    Cozumel, Mexico
    There's a couple of good Dhalsims besides these ones. Already played with them and beat the crap outta me in some matches.

13. mikkel1977

mikkel1977 Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Deserted Temple
    DO NOT RESET.

I had experimented by having as much as 10/20 DC and back to ZERO BP so as to see how fast I can climb back up.... Apart from the Rage Quitters etc you will can actually get back to 0/20 DC and 1000+ points in 2-3 sessions (each session about an hour)...

14. Jibba

Jibba Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    If you ever happen to read this Circus Monkey, you suck.

15. Nullroar

Nullroar Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2010
    Software Rep, Rhyme Guru, Game Editor
    Munich
    Funny, he ragequit on me mere moments ago too :D

16. DROQQA

DROQQA Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2011
    The low tier.
    I got an alright sim. Me and tenonez played a dozen games yesterday and the only one I won was with sim. I was surprised.

17. Jibba

Jibba Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    The bastard! I was mostly pissed because we had a nice 3 matches and he rage quit the 3rd when I wanted the replay. He beat my Sim with Bison (I felt I blew this one bad) and lost to my Sim with Sagat. The 3rd match I switched to Rog and beat his Sim in 3. And that was the extent of my morning fix.

18. Apprunner

Apprunner Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2011
    :confused:
    I get a lot more RQ when I pummel them in 2 rounds. If you take them to 3, RQs happen less for me.

19. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Here's to SF IV Volt, the only game more than a few hours old to continuously top the list of new posts at TA on a wednesday night ;)

Now for something (slightly) more constructive: I'm considering getting into online play in SFIV for iOS in a big way. So I'm curious: has the online community settled into some general or near-ubiquitous skill level? Is there an analogy that could be made (i.e., do I need to be able to defeat Akuma on hard to even have fun online most of the time, etc)?

In the few matches I've run online, I've mostly been badly outmatched (though internally, I'm trying to blame having Yun as a favourite character rather than my skill level ;)), and I am unsure if going online is actually the best way to improve enough to start having fun in multiplayer, given the lag, the vast skill divides, etc.

20. slrc_91

slrc_91 Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Student
    Cozumel, Mexico
    Maybe I'm crazy, but I really miss the first version of the game (with no penalties when you dropped the match). I feel that in proportion there was less RQ. Maybe I'm wrong and RQs like me and that's why I feel this.