List Of Adventure Games (Part 2)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by PointOfLight, May 5, 2011.

1. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
  2. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    I'm downloading the free one now:) Finished Grisley Manor 2 and LOVED it!

3. brogmoid

brogmoid Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2015
    a series of tubes
    the south side of the sky
    That sure doesn't sound like an adventure game.

4. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Looks like TellTale games is having a big 99 cent sale until the end of August. Here's a link to their "home" page in iTunes: TellTale Games

5. Gambler

Gambler Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2014
    Gazorpazorp
    #6745 Gambler, Sep 8, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2018
    Imo one of the best Point and Click Adventures for iOS this year:
    Bertram Fiddle Episode 2 - A Bleaker Predicklement

I also played Episode 1 which was so so. Funny story and humor but rather short and puzzles too easy.

The second part however improves basically everything. It's at least three times as long and especially the puzzles are much better. They're logical but you gotta use your brain - Not too easy, not too hard. And some puzzles are outright hilarious.

6. Gambler

Mar 10, 2014
    Gazorpazorp
    While on the topic of classic Point and Click adventures, keep a look out for The Inner World 2 - The Last Windmonk. I absolutely adored part 1 and from what I've seen so far part 2 leaves an equally great first impression.

Alas release date (for PC) seems to have moved back a few days from 13th September 2017 to a vaguer September 2017 date. Hope iOS will follow soon after at least.

In the meantime, if you like adventures in the vein of the older Lucas Arts or Sierra classics - of course with modern mechanics, graphics, interface and saner puzzles :) - you can't go wrong with Part 1 ( App Store Link: The Inner World ).

7. Thickety Creek!

Hey everyone!

Hope everyone is doing well, sorry for the disappearance. I blame Zelda BotW :)

I just posted some screenshots of my latest adventure game in progress - Thickety Creek.

It is in the same vein as my previous adventure games, The Lost City, Return to Grisly Manor, and The Hidden World.

It will hopefully be finished and released soonish!

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?p=4055286#post4055286

Warm regards,
    Joe

8. GlitchGames

GlitchGames Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2012
    Game Developer
    Oxford, UK
    That's awesome, looking forward to it!

9. morrissey

morrissey Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2014
    Can't wait... love your other games!!!!

10. David1953

David1953 Well-Known Member

May 26, 2013
    What a treat to know that another game from Firemaplegames is on the way. It looks gorgeous, and a "buy" from me will definitely be in order.

11. Gambler

Mar 10, 2014
    Gazorpazorp
    Nice, loved all your games (and up until now wasn't aware that they're apparently a one man operation - Very impressive).

"Soonish" still meaning 2017? ;)

No stress - Quality > quick release date, but still wouldn't mind 2017 :D

12. Gambler

Mar 10, 2014
    Gazorpazorp
    #6752 Gambler, Oct 7, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2017
    On other fronts, The Inner World 2 for PC got postponed again (now steam says 20th October) so iOS version probably not before mid-2018. But same as with above, better taking their time to finish everything up than to release in bugged or incomplete state.

Most probably know about the iOS releases of Thimbleweed Park and The Witness - Both excellent games in their respective genre:

- Thimbleweed simply is a classic Point and Click masterpiece.

- The Witness strictly speaking is no (Point and Click) Adventure and rather a Puzzler in an adventuresque setting but if you like challenging your braincells while exploring a huge and intriguing environment, there's nothing quite like it on iOS. Imo also an absolutely remarkable game.

13. Gambler

Mar 10, 2014
    Gazorpazorp
    #6753 Gambler, Oct 7, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2017
    Hope Santa Claus brings our chieftain PointOfLight a new iPad with which he can play newer iOS game/adventure releases. He has always been a major driving force behind this thread with great tips on new adventures or cheap sales. Hoping to hear from you again soon, PoL - Don't be a stranger :)

14. Gambler

Mar 10, 2014
    Gazorpazorp
    Remake Monkey Island I & II

Does anybody know, why exactly Disney has pulled the Remakes of Monkey Island 1 and 2 from the App Store and seemingly has no intention of bringing them back?

I even bought the games years ago but thanks to lack of App Store cloud saves back then I've got no way of reinstalling them :( Wish they would sell the rights to some publisher who cares about the IP instead of yanking it from paying customers and subsequently just sitting on it.

15. GlitchGames

Feb 10, 2012
    Game Developer
    Oxford, UK
    Depending on when they were removed it may be down to 64-bit incompatibility, but this is just a guess on my part.

If you're interested though they are currently on sale at GOG - https://www.gog.com/promo/20171002_weekly_sale_disney_lucasfilm_classics

16. Gambler

Mar 10, 2014
    Gazorpazorp
    #6756 Gambler, Oct 9, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2017
    Hi, thx for the reply. Searched a bit and they were removed in the spring of 2015 so probably not due to 64bit and apparently also not an iOS compatibility issue. It's a bit puzzling frankly.

I just recently discovered that they were gone when I wanted to replay them. Bought them 2012 on my first iPad (3), sucks there were no App Store cloud saves back then.

It's a shame, I like the originals - Grew up during the heyday of point and click so playing those old classics doesn't bother me (As long as they're is mouse support, guess was born a bit too late to be able to bother with text adventures :) ) but if I could choose I'd take the remakes with better graphics, interface and - especially - voice acting every time of day.

Thanks very much for the tip though. The site won't load on my iPad for whatever reason but gonna look into it as soon as I get home.

17. GlitchGames

Feb 10, 2012
    Game Developer
    Oxford, UK
    Ah well in that case then it's probably just Disney being Disney.

18. morrissey

morrissey Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2014
    Recommendation: Mr. Pumpkin Adventure

Just finished this and really enjoyed it. Makes you think and quite unique point and click/ puzzle game.

19. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Sorry, it's been a while since I've been around. Apparently not only did Twitter stop sending me emails when I was being mentioned in a tweet, but it seems that TA no longer notifies me when a thread I'm subscribed to has been updated either :(

Anyway, not much news to report at the moment. Still don't have a new device, so I'm struggling more and more to find things to play. I worked through the free portion of Eventide 3, which I enjoyed. I'm just waiting to get a promo code from them to unlock the full version. It's another solid HOPA from Artifex Mundi, so if you like that sort of game I'd suggest checking it out.

I also noticed that Numeric Pipeline is having a sale right now. If you've never heard of them, don't worry. Neither had I until I saw the sale. Apparently they are the actual developers behind games like Yesterday, Hollywood Monsters and the Runaway series, which were previously published on the App Store through Bulkypiz before they went belly up. Can't speak for the rest of them, but if you haven't tried any of these adventures yet Yesterday is definitely worth a play.

Unfortunately, aside from Big Fish Games and TellTale the adventure game market has been kind of slim lately on the App Store. Well, there's always a bunch of escape games to play, but other than Escape Machine City, which I did actually play and enjoy, all the escape games are starting to blur together these days.

Hopefully some of you out there are having better experiences in the genre than I am.

20. Gambler

Mar 10, 2014
    Gazorpazorp
    #6760 Gambler, Nov 6, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
    Nice to have you back, Cap'n PoL ;)

Very, very good adventure which went right by me during release a few weeks ago (goes to show how neglected the adventure genre is):
    Journey Down Chapter 3 FINALLY got released. First chapter was released in 2012 (high res version) and now - better late than never - the game comes to a conclusion. The first two chapters (Link Journey Down Trilogy) were absolute point and click gems too. So if you haven't played them I highly recommend to catch up on that education gap ;)

Also, Bertram Fiddle Episode 2 has the worst bugs fixed by now (finished the game last week after an update fixed a serious bug). One of the best PnC avdventure I played this year, bugs none withstanding. There are still plenty of glitches though. Buy at your own risk :) (this only goes for Bertram Fiddle of course, the Journey Down Games run like a charm)