★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Your fav procedurally generated games (including roguelikes/rogue-lites)

05-27-2014, 07:42 AM
Wayward souls is definitely top-notch and is very encouraging to see quality developers investing time and resources in one of my favorite genre types (roguelike). Can't wait to see what they come up with next.

BTW - Cleaned up the original post to make more space due to character limit, so I should be able to add plenty more to the list.

Favorites: Siralim | Cavern | Dungeonism | Avadon | Warhammer: Quest | Endless Depths | Tallowmere
Now Playing: Tallowmere | Sproggiwood | Alchemic Dungeons | Runespell Overture
07-15-2014, 12:47 PM
Added Siralim, Shattered Planet and super scrapped robots.

Hopefully I haven't missed any lately, been trying to keep an eye out on most releases.

Favorites: Siralim | Cavern | Dungeonism | Avadon | Warhammer: Quest | Endless Depths | Tallowmere

07-15-2014, 02:04 PM
The attack patterns in Glorkian Warrior: Trials of Glork are procedurally generated. This makes every play session different.

I play Glorkian Warrior because I am the Glorkian Warrior.

Last edited by Glorkbot; 07-15-2014 at 02:07 PM.
07-15-2014, 03:37 PM
Dream Quest is a really fun roguelike/deck-builder hybrid with lots of neat unlocks and often ridiculous difficulty. Ignore the MS Paint style graphics, this is a fun, addictive game with lots of tactical options.
07-15-2014, 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isotope-X View Post
Dream Quest is a really fun roguelike/deck-builder hybrid with lots of neat unlocks and often ridiculous difficulty. Ignore the MS Paint style graphics, this is a fun, addictive game with lots of tactical options.
It's in the list. And I agree, it's an amazing game!

08-20-2014, 12:00 PM
What avout Sad Cat Soft.'s Ultraviolet Dawn? It has a procedurally generated universe and a sandbox feel I really like.

Favorite games: LittleWing Crystal Caliburn, Legends of Yore, Hook Worlds, Phoenix HD, DoDonPachi Resurrection, Spectral Souls, Bastion, Avadon, Dariusburst SP, Aquaria, King of Dragon Pass & Starbase Orion
06-04-2015, 02:14 PM
I've been away from IOS for a while so if you guys have any additions I'll edit the list and add them in.

New additions:

- Tallowmere
- Enchanted Cave 2
- Sproggiwood

06-13-2015, 01:40 PM
Heroes of Loot is mentioned twice, and GunSlugs 2 isn't mentioned. Pixel Dungeon: Rebirth made a VERY brief appearance on the App Store. Does that count? FTL and Desktop Dungeons are iPad only, but they have a lot of randomization. Out There also randomizes the universe you play each time.

Last edited by VirtualBoyFreak; 06-13-2015 at 01:42 PM.
07-24-2015, 07:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualBoyFreak View Post
Heroes of Loot is mentioned twice, and GunSlugs 2 isn't mentioned. Pixel Dungeon: Rebirth made a VERY brief appearance on the App Store. Does that count? FTL and Desktop Dungeons are iPad only, but they have a lot of randomization. Out There also randomizes the universe you play each time.
Hey thanks for the post and sorry I'm late to reply. I've fixed the duplicate and added GunSlugs 2 and Pixel dungeon (which is now fully released for $3 by the original dev).

FTL and desktop dungeons will be added as well. Thanks!