Iron Man 3 (By Gameloft)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by killercow, Mar 25, 2013.

1. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Im ready to spend $5 for doublers. :)

2. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

With each new iDevice the Screen Resolution did increase too while at the same time the added CPU/CPU Power made it possible to make those Games look each Year better and better and...don`t blame the Developers for doing the right thing.

3. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Maybe that's true in some cases, but look at, say, Gameloft's Zelda clone and
    Ravensword 2. Gameloft's game looks much worse, features less content and has a much bigger filesize (1.2 GB I believe, and it isn't even universal), while Ravensword has some of the best graphics we've seen on the platform, much larger world, and around 800mb filesize.

4. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Better example:
    Street Fighter X Tekken: 12 characters, 5 stages, AWFUL sound quality, etc. -> ~1,4 GB
    Soul Calibur: 20 characters, 18 stages, good sound quality (at least WAY better than SFxTK's), way better framerate than SFxTK, therefore, better animations, etc. -> ~290 MB

But you should also remember that for extra available languages the game will also need extra files, so for example without extra languages I think that SFxTK would be around 600 MB.

5. What? So you are saying that SFT uses 800 mb just for language support? Seems hard to believe. And if it is true, why doesn't the developer have an English only version, or is this possible?

6. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    http://forums.toucharcade.com/showpost.php?p=2542652&postcount=1138
    IDK. Better question for Capcom would be "why only 12 characters?" :p

7. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Iron man... Iron man... Iron man...

8. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    I just used iFunbox to rip the files from other languages, and so far I found 532 MB. I deleted previously the two mp4 trailers, which are 200 MB I think, so yeah, around 732 fu**ing MB.
    The worst thing is that this could have been easily avoided by just using a global font and different menu system, because most of these files are just text as image files (.obm).

9. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Im really itching for a new runner game now. I think the last one i had that i liked much is Indiana Stone?

10. F34R

F34R Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Doesn't look bad to me. I'll have a solid opinion on the freemium model in this game once I get to play it. Looks promising though.

11. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Im actually excited to see how Gameloft will handle a less-effort-requiring genre than their usual FPS and open-world titles. I really hope it plays like Verticus (controls wise, is awesome), but with more action and more variety and content.

12. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Been waiting for this for my new runner fix... Hopefully it delivers.

For now, i will settle for TMNT when the download completes.

13. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Nice... With that many costumes with those visuals, i guess this is going to be a good run. Fingers crossed!