App description: A lowly garbage worker on a trading ship is the only survivor after a crash on an uncharted planet filled with strange beings.

Explore the planet's surface and what lies beneath!

mguniverse's comments:
Astronot is a retro-styled metroidvania in which you play as a space garbage worker whose ship was shot down by an unknown source. The game features multiple powerups and a large game world consisting of seven unique areas with six bosses. Also hidden around the game world are collectibles that unlock a special bonus ending.

A lite version will also be released on the 21st which only contains about half of the game world with only a few bosses. If you purchase the full version, you're able to transfer your saves!

06-18-2012, 05:54 PM
Seriously, this looks awesome. But isnt this supposed to be on the upcoming games section?

Will definitely get this day1. Ha!

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword

06-18-2012, 06:19 PM
Hooked me with "metroidvania" and reeled me in with the vid, but yeah, disappointing to then realise this isn't out yet.
06-18-2012, 07:04 PM
I actually love the video and the corny song, and look forward to some low-res pixely Metroidvania goodness. I wish you the best of luck, especially with Tier 2 pricing and will hope for a great deal of content and some creative future updates. And yes, I'm hoping to check this out and give it a nice, long test drive as soon as I'm able to - bring on the old-school fun!
06-18-2012, 07:08 PM
Come on Wednesday night release!!
This should be fun!
06-18-2012, 07:11 PM
Boop-dyada, Boop-dyada, Boop-dyada

I really like this game.
So many different colors!
It's wanted by all my brothe-

Did I just see make your own levels?! Woohoo!
06-18-2012, 07:50 PM
$1.99 for iphone and ipad... Universal?

go to 1:30 and pause it... then read text in RED.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
06-18-2012, 09:10 PM
You had me with the first boom-dee-yadda. Sold!

ıllıllı ȼǥɲƹƮȿƹ˅ƹɲ ıllıllı
DEVELOPERS I ADORE
QUANTUM SHEEP ONE MINUTE GAMES ELEFTHERIOS CHRISTODOULATOS RAVENOUS GAMES ORANGE PIXEL RADIANGAMES CAVE LLAMASOFT (RIP) MADFINGER PASTA GAMES TOUCH FOO KODE80
06-18-2012, 09:43 PM
Art style and exploration makes me think of VVVVVV

Playing: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle
Waiting:Last Class Heroes, Chaos Rings 3, Starships
GameCenter: StriveMind
06-19-2012, 10:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by strivemind View Post
Art style and exploration makes me think of VVVVVV
Hadn't thought of that but yeah, I can see it.

Anticipation..........

ıllıllı ȼǥɲƹƮȿƹ˅ƹɲ ıllıllı
DEVELOPERS I ADORE
QUANTUM SHEEP ONE MINUTE GAMES ELEFTHERIOS CHRISTODOULATOS RAVENOUS GAMES ORANGE PIXEL RADIANGAMES CAVE LLAMASOFT (RIP) MADFINGER PASTA GAMES TOUCH FOO KODE80