Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 08-28-2012, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitta View Post

A question...is there one secret stage per world?
Yup!

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!
Old 08-28-2012, 08:16 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikekun View Post
Yup!

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!
Damn, can't find the second one
Thanks you for making the game!

BTW...after completing the game are you free to wander and try to 3 star each stage/ammass money/buy everything?
Old 08-28-2012, 08:49 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

I left the first world to explore the second one, now I can't get back!?
I hadn't gotten all the upgrades I need from the shop.
I assumed you could freely explore.
Is there no way to get back?? If that is true then please redesign it. I should be able to play any part that I've already beaten, and go back to any shop to purchase things after I've saved up enough.
Please help!
Old 08-28-2012, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeKhan View Post
I left the first world to explore the second one, now I can't get back!?
I hadn't gotten all the upgrades I need from the shop.
I assumed you could freely explore.
Is there no way to get back?? If that is true then please redesign it. I should be able to play any part that I've already beaten, and go back to any shop to purchase things after I've saved up enough.
Please help!
Yes, of course you can go back to the first world. Just go to the passing stage and press the travel button.

Unfortunately there is an annoying bug right at the ending of the game where the game freezes, so you won't be able to keep playing until you clear that stage. We submitted the update to Apple last week, so we hope it won't take much to get approved. Fingers crossed!
Old 08-28-2012, 10:11 AM

Beautiful game, but I'm not really feeling it overall.

Map movement is really annoying: why can you only move one spot at at time?
I'm also not a big fan of needing a key, but not having a clue where to locate it (the game doesn't give an exploration vibe where you might expect that).

My biggest gripe, though, is the shop system. I really can't imagine why it was structured this way. If I don't buy something when I first find it, I have to remember where it was? And if I buy all the spell components I see, I figure I won't have enough at the end of the continent. Later on, if I want to find a component I passed up, I have to move around the map one space at a time checking all the shops to find it? Doesn't sound like much fun.
Old 08-28-2012, 10:33 AM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tastyfish View Post
Question to IAP dislikers:
Would you have paid $3.99 for this game cause that is what it seems like it'll cost you likely if you bought almost enough IAP to pay for unlocking world 2 and 3?
Of course, but I will never, ever understand the appeal of iAPs. It makes no sense. People will dump $20 into a game that is F2P, but will shun games that lack iAPs and weigh in at $6.99. It's a psychological mystery.
Old 08-28-2012, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
You can always backtrack, so don't worry about missing items. Just don't overspend - you'll need some coins to buy mandatory items & keys to unlock cities and areas. Here's the list of mandatory items (I'm drafting this as I play the game anew):
Laziness Temple > Flying Massage Bed = 500 coins
Gluttony Temple > Picture of Gluttony = 500 coins
Greed's Temple > ABBA Contract = 500 coins
Wood Towers > Wooden Key = 1000 coins
Super Dark Cave > Bright Eyed Tiger = 8000 coins
Lust's Temple > Wi-Fi Broom = 1000 coins
Iron Towers > Titanium Key = 3000 coins
Thanks a lot and thanks to other users that answered my question
Old 08-28-2012, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikekun View Post
Yes, of course you can go back to the first world. Just go to the passing stage and press the travel button.

Unfortunately there is an annoying bug right at the ending of the game where the game freezes, so you won't be able to keep playing until you clear that stage. We submitted the update to Apple last week, so we hope it won't take much to get approved. Fingers crossed!
Thank you so much! I was being stupid...dont know why I couldn't figure that out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misguided View Post
Beautiful game, but I'm not really feeling it overall.

Map movement is really annoying: why can you only move one spot at at time?
I'm also not a big fan of needing a key, but not having a clue where to locate it (the game doesn't give an exploration vibe where you might expect that).

My biggest gripe, though, is the shop system. I really can't imagine why it was structured this way. If I don't buy something when I first find it, I have to remember where it was? And if I buy all the spell components I see, I figure I won't have enough at the end of the continent. Later on, if I want to find a component I passed up, I have to move around the map one space at a time checking all the shops to find it? Doesn't sound like much fun.
Both of the gripes you have (map movement and shop setup ) are alleviated by upgrades in game. You need to work for it , but the Dragon let's you fly over to any city and another upgrade let's you view the items in any shop.
Personally, I like it. I'm an old-school RPG'er and I like that you can't immediately insta travel anywhere and that that ability is linked to an actual game element you work for.
The map itself is gorgeous and a work of art , with sumptuous details. Having to "walk" from city to city at first allows you to enjoy the scenery.
Again if you don't like it, just play the game and save up enough for the dragon. If you are impatient or just not that good , then you can choose to spend a little more via IAP on a .99 cent game that is easily worth 5x that price.
Old 08-28-2012, 01:51 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Earlier I questioned why folks were finding this grindy. Well not much longer after I posted, mid way into the second major area of the game, it got challenging and is requiring grinding for me. I still think it is an excellent game, but the balance is trying to encourage either the grinding or extra IAP purchases like other folks have said here. It is not enough of my type of game play for me to spend to additional money on, so I doubt I will play it much longer. I am sure there is much more to see and it is a bit of a shame. In any case, the game is beautiful and I got my bucks worth.
Old 08-28-2012, 01:53 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

IAP?? I bought this thinking it was the full game. ARG. Why must the app store be filled with annoying half games?