Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-18-2013, 03:17 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

Default Hero Siege - (By Panic Art Studios)

Youtube link | Pop Up
Old 12-18-2013, 03:19 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

Impressions from the Upcoming thread
Quote:
Got the PC version, so I come to you with impressions:

Game reminds me of the Solomon games in a way, especially when you're playing as a pyromancer or marksman. It may not have the depth of spells that those games had but you will be fighting hordes of enemies, leveling up your stats, and upgrading your skills.

Each time you level up, you get points to increase your stats for health, defense, attack speed, and damage reduction, as well as points to upgrade your class' unique abilities. The pyromancer can have a chance to call down meteors or have his attacks leave a fiery trail, while the marksman can get a multi-shot kill or homing arrows and the viking can gain a knockback ability or attack faster as health decreases.

You'll collect gold while fighting which can be used to buy keys to unlock special crates, temporary stat boots, one use skills, etc. I don't know how the balance will be on IOS, but I was never lacking gold. You'll also come across statues that bless you with stat boosts or armor boosts and special items such as boots that let you leave fire in your wake or a stone guardian that follows you and attacks enemies. There are also potions; these have a range of functions, some good such as filling your health or letting you suck life from dead enemies to bad such as releasing attacking flies or reducing your speed. And on top of all that, you can find items that give you special abilities and attacks. These have cooldown meters; I found one that was a rainbow beam that fired in any direction through enemies.

The gameplay is essentially dual stick - move and attack at the same time - and it's just as hectic. Hordes of enemies attack from all sides, skeleton archers and turrets fire arrows, dead enemies drop objects that release sweeping lasers, another enemy may release a meteor like attack that drop mini meteors around you. Traps also litter the area, from guillotines to spike pits to crushing balls; you can lead enemies into these traps as well to damage and kill them
Quote:
I was sticking with the pyromancer, and once I had several skills stacked up, I never felt in any danger. But the overall gameplay is fun, just not living up to the "roguelike" part of the description. Hack-and-slash and rpg-lite, yes. Roguelike, no or at least not yet
So it may not be the most difficult game, but it certainly is fun and hectic.
Old 12-18-2013, 03:34 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Looks like fun, may pick up when I get home, need to get more iTunes cards, lol
Old 12-18-2013, 03:41 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Bought it instantly, but it seems heavily bugged. It doesn't accept a name I type in and I can't start a game.

Last edited by Vovin; 12-18-2013 at 03:45 PM..
Old 12-18-2013, 03:41 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

I notice the description says supports any generic blue tooth controller, does this mean icade?
Probably going to pick this up anyway as it looks sweet, I love randomness and loot.
Old 12-18-2013, 04:00 PM
In Time-Out
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by oooooomonkey View Post
I notice the description says supports any generic blue tooth controller, does this mean icade?
Probably going to pick this up anyway as it looks sweet, I love randomness and loot.
Seems like it would be cause there aren't any bluetooth ios 7 joysticks yet. But who knows.
Old 12-18-2013, 04:22 PM

Same here vovin, can't get the game to start after putting namenin
Old 12-18-2013, 04:33 PM

It made it through! Sweet!
Old 12-18-2013, 04:42 PM

Don't have Bluetooth on, still says press start to connect to game pad , can't enter name or start, rebooted several times and closed all open apps, 5s latest ios7 build
Old 12-18-2013, 04:53 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Bought ! First of many this fine release evening !