App description: Explore challenging dungeons! Encounter dangerous enemies as you grow in power and avoid the ever-present threat of death!

Challenge yourself in this this FREE ROGUELIKE RPG!

Cardinal Quest 2 is an approachable yet challenging roleplaying game. Dive into dangerous dungeons with unique characters and climb the leaderboards.

=FEATURES=

-FREE TO PLAY

-Challenging roleplaying gameplay
-Choose 1 of 7 unique classes (Seriously! They all play radically differently!)
-Customize your character with loot and spells you find on your way
-Explore a deep achievement system with almost 150 achievements that will test your skill
-3 different acts present different monsters and environments to overcome
-Explore the tower which offers a deep and exhausting endless mode
-A unique morale system allows you to power-up your characters between dungeon dives and adds further customization
01-14-2014, 12:04 PM
I just downloaded it and will give impressions soon.

01-14-2014, 12:08 PM
WOAH!!!!

Instadownload! Here's to hoping the pay model is perma-unlock!

EDIT: Not in the PH appstore yet.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword

Last edited by Exact-Psience; 01-14-2014 at 12:13 PM.
01-14-2014, 12:14 PM
That's it, I'm making a NZ account...I can't not have this!
01-14-2014, 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by exact-psience View Post
woah!!!!

Instadownload! Here's to hoping the pay model is perma-unlock!

Edit: Not in the ph appstore yet.
10 get here nowwwwwwwwww!

Coordinator @ Fat Thunder
Fatthunder.com
facebook.com/fatthunder
twitter.com/fat_thunder
01-14-2014, 12:30 PM
It's free so you can easily make a NZ account and download it.

I've played a few times so far. Here are my initial impressions.

-The game plays in portrait mode - no landscape. This makes it a bit awkward but does work OK. I find myself having to use two hands to play this way. So instead of this being a one hand convenience as it may have been designed for, it isn't so. I think they should at least add landscape.

-It's Free to play so it contains IAP. The only IAP I see is for 'morale'. After every death, you gain morale. My first run I got to the 3rd area and gained 975 morale. This morale is used to unlock the other classes. The only class available from the start is the Fighter. You can unlock the Thief and Wizard for 3,000 morale and the last 3 for 6500 morale each. (Ranger, Pugilist, Paladin) The ranger comes with a K9 companion.

-Each time you level up, you can assign a skill point to one of three branches. Each branch is at least 3 tiers deep as far as I can tell. So far, I love this element.

-The cost for morale in terms of non-USD is +10,000 for $6.49 - +24,000 for $13.99 - +54,000 for $24.99. I have zero clue how that translates to USD.

-There are 3 difficulties. Normal - Hard - Suicide

So far, the model seems very fair and isn't upsetting despite looking forward to a premium priced game for some time now. You just have to earn the morale. Luckily, the game is fun so this shouldn't be a problem and I look forward to unlocking the rest.

Last edited by ScotDamn; 01-14-2014 at 01:57 PM.
01-14-2014, 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotDamn View Post
It's free so you can easily make a NZ account and download it.

I've played a few times so far. Here are my initial impressions.

-The game plays in portrait mode - no landscape. This makes it a bit awkward but does work OK. I find myself having to use two hands to play this way. So instead of this being a one hand convenience as it may have designed for, it isn't so. I think they should at least add landscape.

-It's Free to play so it contains IAP. The only IAP I see is for 'morale'. After every death, you gain morale. My first run I got to the 3rd area and gained 975 morale. This morale is used to unlock the other classes. The only class available from the start is the Fighter. You can unlock the Thief and Wizard for 3,000 morale and the last 3 for 6500 morale. (Ranger, Pugilist, Paladin) The ranger comes with a K9 companion.

-Each time you level up, you can assign a skill point to one of three branches. Each branch is at least 3 tiers deep. So far, I love this element.

-The cost for morale in terms of non-USD is +10,000 for $6.49 - +24,000 for $13.99 - +54,000 for $24.99. I have zero clue how that translates to USD.

-There are 3 difficulties. Normal - Hard - Suicide

So far, the model seems very fair and isn't upsetting despite looking forward to a premium priced game for some time now. You just have to earn the moral

1 New Zealand dollar = 0.8418 US Dollar, actual exchange rate.
1 Australian Dollar = 0,8996 US Dollar

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.
01-14-2014, 12:34 PM
^If your first run alone gave you 975 morale, that means you can unlock 2 characters in 3-4 runs, which should make this a very acceptable pay model.

I am willing to shell out cash if this is accurate.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
01-14-2014, 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vovin View Post
1 New Zealand dollar = 0.8418 US Dollar, actual exchange rate.
1 Australian Dollar = 0,8996 US Dollar
Ahh thanks! So I guess that would mean $5 for the lowest morale.

I haven't played enough to know for sure but the IAP must unlock more than new just classes with a +54,000 option.

EDIT: OK so looking at the character select screen, it looks like you can use morale to unlock starting buffs but also come with some penalty.

Example:
Single Minded - Cost 3500 - Berserk recharge faster. -1 base Intelligence and Faith.

Constant Bubbling Rage - Cost 8,000 - Start without Berserk but get +1 Attack and +1 Speed all the time.

Last edited by ScotDamn; 01-14-2014 at 12:45 PM.