App description: Pick up a magic sword on the ancient pillar of sacrifice and fight to become the 'Only One' left standing

TouchArcade - 4.5/5 "Game with depth well beyond what you would expect"
PocketGamer - 9/10 "A brilliantly paced, sharp-edged brawler"

Over 1 million downloads!

Only One is an epic arena style sword fighting game where you grab a magic sword declaring yourself the 'Only One' and then proceed to push and destroy waves of enemies off a pillar in the sky. You don't fight for glory, you fight to survive!

Defeat your enemies in gruelling combat or take the easy way out and push them off the pillar to their death down below. Capture enemy shields to block your opponents attacks and use your abilities in strategic and dynamic ways like deflecting fireballs back at the wizard or going in dangerously close and unleashing the whirlwind.

Gain powers and strength with a wide variety of abilities and upgrades. Hack and slash through over 90 waves and 9 bosses as you litter the tiny battlefield with bodies and blood to ultimately become the only one left standing!

= In App purchase "Ultimate Power" unlocks the full game experience =

Awesome retro pixel art graphics and music
Physics based sword combat with parry and shield mechanics
Upgrade your character over time with better stats and really cool abilities like push, freeze, bubble, whirlwind and dart
90 levels of soldiers, slimes, archers, wizards, loot gnomes, berserkers, skeletons, bats, golems and mini bosses
Choose and play as multiple character classes
Push your opponents off the pillar for easy kills and more points or strike them where they stand to get their loot
Ladder based levelling with checkpoints every 10 levels, score resets each time you die
Game Center leaderboards
Floating virtual joystick (go to settings to switch to fixed joystick)
Endless Battle mode

I read all reviews, so please leave feedback and follow me on twitter @ErnestSzoka for the latest in Only One news
02-06-2014, 09:56 AM
This looks interesting. How does the "free" of it operate? IAP to unlock or consumables? I'll be checking it out in a few hours.

02-06-2014, 10:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by undeadcow View Post
This looks interesting. How does the "free" of it operate? IAP to unlock or consumables? I'll be checking it out in a few hours.
There are the usual consumable IAPs for the single currency type but also an Ultimate Power IAP for $1.99 USD that gives you a currency doubler and unlocks Character Rebuild. Not too sure yet how necessary all of this is as I've just started but the base game is showing a lot of promise.

https://pixelatedparadise.wordpress.com/ - Daily iOS Roundups and Multi-Platform Reviews.
Please note that I am not a moderator; I can't change thread titles, delete threads etc. I'm happy to help where I can but it's likely faster to contact a mod for assistance.
02-06-2014, 10:23 AM
I was lucky enough to get an early copy of this, i'm really enjoying it, great retro graphics, a lot of different enemies, retro sound, nice small filesize, controls work well

Well worth picking up
02-06-2014, 10:43 AM
Yeah, this is really nice. Slower-paced combat than I imagined from the screenshots yet still with the potential to get suitably hectic. Loving the strategic parrying of blows and reflecting arrows. Lots of perks to mix up play styles and a fantastically retro audiovisual experience

Nice long play sessions too, it's deceivingly deep - it's not how I imagined it at all!

https://pixelatedparadise.wordpress.com/ - Daily iOS Roundups and Multi-Platform Reviews.
Please note that I am not a moderator; I can't change thread titles, delete threads etc. I'm happy to help where I can but it's likely faster to contact a mod for assistance.
02-06-2014, 11:15 AM
Only GC leaderboards? No achievements?
02-06-2014, 03:26 PM
Any more impressions? I'll be downloading regardless. How generous is it with XP?
02-06-2014, 06:24 PM
This is kinda fun, although the virtual pad is making my thumb sore.

I'm also not sure how to save the game, or if it saves when I close it or what
02-06-2014, 07:10 PM
This is awesome. The combat is solid, the sprites are full of character and the sounds add to the gameplay. Really really enjoying this. Bought doubler to support dev.
02-06-2014, 10:16 PM
Out in the US:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id681646403

Probably going to get the Ultimate Power IAP, but have a question: does it feel too easy to level up with the doubler? I don't want it to be a grind but I don't it to be a breeze either