★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: LOSE YOURSELF IN A VAST OPEN-WORLD FANTASY WILDERNESS
BrightRidge is a game from my heart. I enjoyed creating this world and I hope you enjoy exploring it:)

***IMPORTANT*** BrightRidge will NOT work on iPad 2, iPad 1, iPad Mini 1, iPhone 4S or earlier, and iPod Touch 5 or earlier

Works on iPhone 6, iPhone 6+, iPhone 5, iPhone 5C, iPhone 5S, iPad Air, iPad Air 2, iPad 4 iPad Mini 2 and iPad Mini 3.

"Vast, beautiful, and a joy to explore ... BrightRidges open world is certainly worth a wander." - 148Apps
"Theres a whole world waiting to explore in BrightRidge and I think its worth checking out." - Touch Arcade

WHAT'S NEW IN UPDATE 1.2.1?
- First Person View
- Photo Mode - compose and save screenshots with the new freecam
- Bug Fixes, GUI fixes and optimization
- Feet now splash in rivers

WHAT'S NEW IN UPDATE 1.2?
- Jumping
- Custom camera, quality and environment Options
- Dynamic Weather and Atmopsheric Scattering
- New Shapechanging forms
- Light Ability and Skadad creatures

Experience total freedom as you run, swim, jump and even fly anywhere in a large 3d world, unlocking new abilities and learning the legends and lore of BrightRidge. Explore a world where violence is optional and exploration is the key. No endless grinding. No In-App Purchases. Just exploratory fun. Discover BrightRidge explore its beautiful forests, raging rivers and mountain peaks.

DISCOVER THE SECRETS OF THE FANTASY WILDERNESS

- Explore an open world. Go anywhere anytime from the start.
- Wilderness sandbox exploration
- Unlock new powers through interaction with the environment
- The world is a colossus - more than 9km square to explore
- Walk, run, swim , teleport and fly through gorgeous natural landscapes

INTERACT WITH THE NATURAL ECOSYSTEM FILLED WITH WILDLIFE

- Hunt Foxes, bears, deer and more or use SpiritView to watch them in their habitat
- Uncover the rich history of BrightRidge by interacting with citizens and landmarks
- Experience total freedom with Non-linear exploration based gameplay

EXPERIENCE RICHLY DETAILED NATURAL BEAUTY AND STUNNING VISTAS

- Immerse yourself with Complete weather effects like rain, fog, wind and snow, light and shadow
- Relax in beautiful natural scenery - mountains, forests and valleys, hillsides and rivers
- Change perspective and Fly through the skies in the eagle simulator

Its a beautiful open world wilderness in the palm of your hand. Feeling panic attacks and stress? Relax in your own virtual wilderness.

Can you discover all the secrets BrightRidge has to offer?

TRAILER
Watch the trailer at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mutLRh4GSC4

FOLLOW US
Follow @protopop on Twitter and https://www.facebook.com/protopopgames on Facebook for news and updates

ABOUT PROTOPOP
Robert Kabwe is a solo indie dev creating nature-based worlds and games to explore.
Nimian Legends is an original fantasy world and the setting for BrightRidge. See the interactive map at http://NimianLegends.com

MORE GAMES
Take a look at our other app Plum Nut, a rhythm platformer set to the music of the Nutcrackers Sugar Plum Fairy
https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/plum-nut/id580664043?mt=8

...AND A PERSONAL THANK YOU
I'd like to thank everyone who took time to leave a review. Positive or negative each one helps me understand how the game works in the real world, and I appreciate it:)

Note for A5 devices - If the game quits, try closing all open apps, restarting your device, then restarting BrightRidge
07-21-2014, 11:26 PM
The Gameplay:

Beta Testing : Forgotten Memories: Alternate Realities, Sky Force 2014

07-22-2014, 01:23 AM
I'd be interested to hear any opinions on this one.
07-22-2014, 01:25 AM
This looks really good!

Approximately how many hours of game play are there?
Thank you
07-22-2014, 01:36 AM
Is there a story? I mean, it looks quite good and the gigantic enemies are cool. I also like the look of the landscapes. So, this could be a nice one.

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.
07-22-2014, 01:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vovin View Post
Is there a story? I mean, it looks quite good and the gigantic enemies are cool. I also like the look of the landscapes. So, this could be a nice one.
i dont think there is one in this game. perhaps the dev can join us and explained a bit about the background story. landscape does looks amazing. on retina screen it looks gorgeous. definitely the best one i say. i think this game is more free roam quest than an action adventure. not spend much time into it so theres nothing much i can tell bout this game. forgot to mention, the controls just great, it simply work. camera control does a great job also.

ps. for its amazing graphics itself, this game worth the price.

Beta Testing : Forgotten Memories: Alternate Realities, Sky Force 2014

Last edited by redribbon; 07-22-2014 at 02:02 AM.
07-22-2014, 09:22 AM
Just watched the video and hit the buy button. I love the open world
environments. The camera does look like it works really well . When I saw
the huge walking trees ,it reminded me of Shadow of the Colossus and
the Ents from Tolken's story. I was sold.

Thanks
07-22-2014, 09:55 AM
Will this work on an iPad 3rd generation ?

I'm an app-oholic! And there's no 12-step program...
IAPs = I Ain't Purchasing, son !
07-22-2014, 10:14 AM
Oh, I saw it was mentioned in the general game disscussions forums but sadly couldn't find it in the AppStore. So here it is and I'll definitely check it out!

Thanks for the gameplay vid, red!

(Maybe the dev should have make this one into one giant open world western style rpg )

Last edited by Nekku; 07-22-2014 at 10:19 AM.
07-22-2014, 10:41 AM
So far it's "only" exploring one gigantic great-looking landscape: been running around for over an hour, without visiting a place twice. Got utterly lost, found a huge whale swimming in the ocean, a statue hidden dev-knows-where in the forest, a village, etc...

But the dev mentioned that he (quoting) "would like to update the experience with some minor questing, but first Im working on an optimization update so more devices can play it."
Lookie here: forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?p=3293293 , post 24 on page 3.

@Nekku: I think you might get your RPG, only browser-based. Check the homepage at nimianlegends.com. I didn't try it on my Air yet, so let's just say that my 24" monitor at work felt too small for it Might have to try turning the two into one combined display...