★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Now on iOS!

PARTICLE MACE is a game by Andy Wallace about defending yourself in a hostile universe by swinging particles into enemies.
Experience the thrill of classic arcade games with a new, physics based mechanic.
PARTICLE MACE is a game about trying not to die, but thats impossible.

Photosensitive Warning: flashing colors.

Features
3 Endless and Brutal Arcade Modes
150 missions to complete
Killer OST
Reach a zen-like state as you master the art of swinging trash in great arcs to kill enemies
Unlock 9 new ships with different attributes
Colorblind mode

Showcased At
Indiecade, Night Games & eSports Showcase 2014
MAGFest 2015
Gamercamp 2014
Out Of Index Festival 2014
Smithsonian American Art Museum 2014

Quotes

...a unique, compelling, challenging, and downright entertaining one-touch arcade game. - Pocket Gamer

Your thumbs ride the analog sticks as if a space cowboy with a mean lasso technique. - Kill Screen

A rad little game, all controlled with a single joystick/thumbstick. - Game Revolution

The elegant movements of your ship are like a ballet of geometrical anarchy. - Cue Indie Review

killercow's comments:

01-28-2015, 04:59 AM
This game is absolutely fantastic on PC, I really recommend it if you're at all into the highscoring/frantic arcade action scene. Assuming it translates well to touch controls then this is as necessary as Tilt to Live and Boson X in my mind.

01-28-2015, 05:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteOzzy View Post
This game is absolutely fantastic on PC, I really recommend it if you're at all into the highscoring/frantic arcade action scene. Assuming it translates well to touch controls then this is as necessary as Tilt to Live and Boson X in my mind.
Damn you, Pete.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
01-28-2015, 05:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
Damn you, Pete.
Ha! Always one of my favourite reactions People here have made me spend a fortune, only fair to repay it now and then!

I've had my coffee now so hopefully I can give some better impressions of the PC version in preparation of playing this later. It's like Asteroids mixed with Euro Truck Simulator, which made more sense in my head than it does on paper. Instead of commercial supplies though, your vehicle is hauling pure destruction irresponsibly tethered and flailing in your wake.

Using very simple twin-stick shooter style controls (with only the single stick mind you) you use gravity to wield the "mace" to fend off asteroids and various foes. It's beautifully simple but not overtly so; you'll pick up new maneuvers like shielding yourself inside the weapon or light pushes forward to lunge like you're fencing. It's elegant and balletic, at least once you've mastered it - it's a flailing mess of chaos before then but that's also part of the fun!

There's a huge amount of content in the PC version, even when it was in Early Access. I don't know how much has carried across but it has the mission mode which was my highlight. Each session offers three different challenges that change as you complete them, ranging from not killing anything for 30 seconds to surviving in a set, and moving, perimeter. It's wonderful and like I said, if it's as good as the PC version, then I have no problem telling anyone to buy it immediately.
01-28-2015, 05:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteOzzy View Post
It's like Asteroids mixed with Euro Truck Simulator
That quote should be in the App's description

Follow me on Twitter for all the latest iOS news. And sometimes more.
01-28-2015, 06:03 AM
The game's a frickin' blast, and yes...it does contain the mission mode, which I can say in 15 minutes of play is instantly addictive. It's awesome being able to switch between high-score chasing and missions without being committed to either at the same time. This game's good. REALLY good. Oh, and even with Pete's initial post pushing me over the edge, I'll gladly support any developer that takes the time to add a Colorblind Mode.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
01-28-2015, 08:44 AM
just grabbed it, pretty sick!
01-28-2015, 09:44 AM
This looks dopeee
01-28-2015, 10:30 AM
Well, based both on Carters review and Petes detailed impressions, I'm leaning toward supporting this young indie with my purchase...bought
01-28-2015, 10:34 AM
You're Super Dead!

Tap to believe!