Puzzle Wizard (prizes up to $150 + promo codes)

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by CheekyMammoth, Jul 23, 2015.

1. CheekyMammoth

CheekyMammoth Well-Known Member

#1 CheekyMammoth, Jul 23, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2015
    [​IMG]

Available from:
    App Store
    Mac App Store
    Google Play - Android

Major Prize Winners:
    1. Warcrack (currently $75)
    2. m13 (currently $75)

Major Prize:

The first three people to finish the game will each receive a $50 iTunes/Google/Amazon gift card code. Deadline: August 3 at 11:59pm (PDT, 2015).

1. If only one person finishes by the deadline, then they will receive a $150 gift card code.
    2. If only two people finish by the deadline, then they will each receive a $75 gift card code.

So you may want to trade strategies in this thread, but there's an incentive not to screenshot and share your solutions! So hopefully this thread can remain spoiler-free.

How to enter for the major prize?

Email me a screenshot of the completed final level (Wizard) showing all keys attained and another screenshot of the solution state of the final puzzle (Falling Blocks: IQ 150). I know the solutions, so I will be able to verify your screenshot. There's no point in anyone photoshopping because you have to know the solution to 'shop it right. And if you do know it, then you may as well just solve it!

Here is an example of the two screenshots you need to submit, but done here for the first level (First Steps) and its final puzzle (Team Colors):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So just do the same with the final level (Wizard) and its final puzzle (Falling Blocks).
    Email to: support [AT] cheekymammoth [DOT] com

Minor Prizes:

The first person to post a single screenshot in this thread showing all keys, and thus all puzzles solved, for a level (as I did in the first image above for First Steps) will receive promo codes (iOS or Mac) for Puzzle Wizard to share/trade with friends. There's no need to screenshot any actual solutions for these minor prizes (in fact, please don't). Each person may claim at most two levels. I'll cross them out as people claim them.

1. First Steps (N/A) [CLAIMED by CheekyMammoth]
    2. Color Swap [CLAIMED by dreadnok]
    3. Color Shield [CLAIMED by warcrack]
    4. Conveyor Belt [CLAIMED by warcrack]
    5. Rotator (1 promo code)
    6. Color Flood [CLAIMED by TheGreatEscaper]
    7. White Tile (2 promo codes)
    8. Mirror Image (2 promo codes)
    9. Color Swirl (2 promo codes)
    10. Tile Swap [CLAIMED by m13]
    11. Color Magic [CLAIMED by TheGreatEscaper]
    12. Wizard [CLAIMED by m13]

(Disclaimer: If I can't get a gift card for your country, then we'll work out some prize of roughly equivalent value. Depending on currency exchange rates, your gift card may be worth slightly less than the equivalent USD value. For example, UK folks would receive a £100 gift card for being the only winner; Aussie folks would receive a AUD $150 gift card. Major prize winners may also choose to receive equivalent USD payments via PayPal.)

2. Lavender

Lavender Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    #2 Lavender, Jul 23, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2015
    The video looks very interesting.
    I'll wait on some feedback before deciding to purchase the game. It's the room on my iPad not the cost. .99 cents US is more then reasonable.

Besides, I don't usually enter contests. Especially ones I have to pay to enter.
    ( although, for those that do, it seems like a good contest)

Would love more infor about the controls and how to play.
    Thanks!

3. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    I got the game it's a good puzzler simple touch controls, no way I'm winning but if I remember correctly you guys were the ones behind that pirate ship game and I love that so I'll consider my purchase a sign of support

4. CheekyMammoth

Hi Lavender,

You just touch a tile and the little wizard guy will walk to it. If there's an actuator on the tile, then it will activate in some manner. Each level introduces a new concept. You can only walk on the color you are currently on - you cannot cross color boundaries. You have to get the key to solve the puzzle.

Here's a video of a desktop build. The tile textures in the video are different because YouTube compression mangles the iOS tile textures, so I subbed them for the video capture.

5. CheekyMammoth

That's us. I remember you, dreadnok! Did you win a prize in that pirate contest?

Anyway, thanks for your support!

6. iANiMeX

iANiMeX Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2011
    Male
    Bum
    Philippines
    Bought the game. Finished 15/72 stages. Not sure if I can do it but will try.

7. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    No I didn't but it was a lot of fun, I post a review in a bit, good luck to those petter at puzzles than me, these guys are ligit

8. CheekyMammoth

It's like a pirates reunion in here with iANiMeX and dreadnok. :D

9. iANiMeX

iANiMeX Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2011
    Male
    Bum
    Philippines
    Lol. :D

10. CheekyMammoth

dreadnok via email:

[​IMG]

Congrats! Would you like an iOS or Mac promo code?

11. Lavender

Lavender Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    Thanks for the vid. It was helpful.

Ok. I think I get it. You tap to walk to specific, same colored blocks you've decided on. When you walk or land on an actuator (block with a symbol on it) a certain action is created or started. I guess it could also be called action symbols? The goal would be to get the key by figuring out which way to walk and which actuator/action symbol(s) to use to get there and then use the key to complete the level or puzzle. Does this sound right??

12. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Yes. Also there is a huge amount of teleporting in this game.

13. warcrack

warcrack Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2010
    Electrical Engineer
    TA
    #13 warcrack, Jul 24, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2015
    [​IMG]
    Just finished first level

14. CheekyMammoth

@Lavender Yup! But you don't use the key - you just have to walk onto it.

@warcrack Nice job! Keep at it.

15. creeps

creeps Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2014
    The game is really hard. Already finished 19/72. I'm spending hours to complete some levels

16. warcrack

Aug 15, 2010
    Electrical Engineer
    TA
    #16 warcrack, Jul 24, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2015
    [​IMG]

17. warcrack

Aug 15, 2010
    Electrical Engineer
    TA
    Something wrong in this level 19/72
    [​IMG]
    I can't resolve this puzzle .

18. CheekyMammoth

Nice job completing Color Shield, warcrack! Minor prize winners need to tell me here or via PM which type of promo code they want before I can give it to them.

If you can solve Retro Gamer, then you'll get Ravine. Sometimes it's good to take a short break so that you don't get stuck in a routine, continuing to try to solve it in the same way. Trying new strategies, or just doing something slightly different -- something that you dismissed in your mind, but may actually work -- is vital for solving the really hard puzzles.

19. warcrack

Aug 15, 2010
    Electrical Engineer
    TA
    [​IMG]
    Solved new level

20. TheGreatEscaper

TheGreatEscaper Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2014
    Ooh, count me in. Downloading now, hopefully I'll be able to catch up!