★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Dodge the bullets, shoot the enemies, defeat the bosses!

Take to the skies for an endless-arcade shooter that is fast, furious and formidable!

Collect over 200 daring pilots over 20 different terrains.

Change the intensity from Scouty to Screamy, if you dare!
Earn a multitude of achievements
Challenging daily missions
Guns! Missiles! Badgers!

Get flying now!
09-29-2015, 09:25 PM
Way better than CR, imo. Very fun.

Last edited by rIcHrAnDoM; 09-29-2015 at 09:36 PM.

09-29-2015, 09:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich_952000 View Post
Way better than CR, imp. Very fun.
Totes agree.
09-29-2015, 09:33 PM
Agreed so far. I'm just a bit confused. Why is the developer not shown as hipster whale? What did a bunch of them leave and make their own company? Just like with land sliders too?

Billy

Last edited by metalcasket; 09-30-2015 at 01:27 AM.
09-29-2015, 09:43 PM
Really, really polished. Doesn't even feel like a FTP - more like a bullet hell shooter, since it starts intensely immediately. There's even a second control mechanism of not moving to charge a power shot. On the other hand the monetization will probably work really well, since there's a real incentive to continue (use coins or watch a video), as there's actual variety to the enemies and their patterns.
09-29-2015, 09:52 PM
And nope. I spent coins on a weapon and it expires in 2 hours? That pisses me off.

Disappointing. I won't be watching any ads nor spending a dime. No way.

Billy
09-29-2015, 09:55 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to klicktock
Who the hell are <Mighty Games>?!

Heya, this is Matt from Hipster Whale.

So Mighty Games was formed a little while back now by me, Ben Britten and Matt Ditton. More recently Andy joined the fold as the 4th director. We also have a bunch of lovely people working for us too, so it's not really just "Hipster Whale" on this one. Hope that clears things up a bit!

Oh and, here's the Shooty Skies trailer!

09-29-2015, 10:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordShad0wz View Post
And nope. I spent coins on a weapon and it expires in 2 hours? That pisses me off.

Disappointing. I won't be watching any ads nor spending a dime. No way.

Billy
There's a second progression metric besides coins, which AFAIK behave exactly like coins in Crossy Road. It's more of a playtime meter that opens a mystery box when filled. I've received both a consumable buff and coins from the box.

[Edit] Okay, now I see the menu for purchasing buffs. There's no indication that they are not permanent either. That said, the first two are available through ads. Maybe the third too (the one I got from the mystery box). The other two are 1.5x and 2x the cost of a new character, so I assume they are beefy. So in the end I think they're fair, but there should be some text that says how long they last (maybe they're all 2 hours like the 2 I currently have).

Last edited by 9x16; 09-29-2015 at 10:46 PM.
09-29-2015, 10:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by klicktock View Post
Heya, this is Matt from Hipster Whale.

So Mighty Games was formed a little while back now by me, Ben Britten and Matt Ditton. More recently Andy joined the fold as the 4th director. We also have a bunch of lovely people working for us too, so it's not really just "Hipster Whale" on this one. Hope that clears things up a bit!

Oh and, here's the Shooty Skies trailer!

YouTube: video
Duck duck goose😀

?'z ^ witcha m'Lord Matt. Great Shooty Up so far. I'm having fun with it. I like the Charge Special. 🎉Congratulations to you & your Mighty Games Team on your new release🎉 i would like to know if you would implement Everyplay, Kamcord or ReplayKit?
09-29-2015, 10:49 PM
Sweet! Downloading now. I saw this on Twitter not too long ago and was pleasantly surprised to see it at the top of the hot games section when I opened the TA app. Gotta go to bed now but can't wait to load it up in the AM!