★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: The creators of Crossy Road present Shooty Skies!
Shoot, dodge, duck, goose and weave.
Take to the skies!

Colorful pilots
Adorable enemies
Epic bosses
Colorful, adorable, epic loot crates
Who's ace? You are!
09-29-2015, 09:25 PM
Way better than CR, imo. Very fun.

Last edited by rich_952000; 09-29-2015 at 09:36 PM.

09-29-2015, 09:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich_952000 View Post
Way better than CR, imp. Very fun.
Totes agree.
09-29-2015, 09:33 PM
Agreed so far. I'm just a bit confused. Why is the developer not shown as hipster whale? What did a bunch of them leave and make their own company? Just like with land sliders too?

Billy

Last edited by metalcasket; 09-30-2015 at 01:27 AM.
09-29-2015, 09:43 PM
Really, really polished. Doesn't even feel like a FTP - more like a bullet hell shooter, since it starts intensely immediately. There's even a second control mechanism of not moving to charge a power shot. On the other hand the monetization will probably work really well, since there's a real incentive to continue (use coins or watch a video), as there's actual variety to the enemies and their patterns.
09-29-2015, 09:52 PM
And nope. I spent coins on a weapon and it expires in 2 hours? That pisses me off.

Disappointing. I won't be watching any ads nor spending a dime. No way.

Billy
09-29-2015, 09:55 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to klicktock
Who the hell are <Mighty Games>?!

Heya, this is Matt from Hipster Whale.

So Mighty Games was formed a little while back now by me, Ben Britten and Matt Ditton. More recently Andy joined the fold as the 4th director. We also have a bunch of lovely people working for us too, so it's not really just "Hipster Whale" on this one. Hope that clears things up a bit!

Oh and, here's the Shooty Skies trailer!

09-29-2015, 10:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordShad0wz View Post
And nope. I spent coins on a weapon and it expires in 2 hours? That pisses me off.

Disappointing. I won't be watching any ads nor spending a dime. No way.

Billy
There's a second progression metric besides coins, which AFAIK behave exactly like coins in Crossy Road. It's more of a playtime meter that opens a mystery box when filled. I've received both a consumable buff and coins from the box.

[Edit] Okay, now I see the menu for purchasing buffs. There's no indication that they are not permanent either. That said, the first two are available through ads. Maybe the third too (the one I got from the mystery box). The other two are 1.5x and 2x the cost of a new character, so I assume they are beefy. So in the end I think they're fair, but there should be some text that says how long they last (maybe they're all 2 hours like the 2 I currently have).

Last edited by 9x16; 09-29-2015 at 10:46 PM.
09-29-2015, 10:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by klicktock View Post
Heya, this is Matt from Hipster Whale.

So Mighty Games was formed a little while back now by me, Ben Britten and Matt Ditton. More recently Andy joined the fold as the 4th director. We also have a bunch of lovely people working for us too, so it's not really just "Hipster Whale" on this one. Hope that clears things up a bit!

Oh and, here's the Shooty Skies trailer!

YouTube: video
Duck duck goose😀

?'z ^ witcha m'Lord Matt. Great Shooty Up so far. I'm having fun with it. I like the Charge Special. 🎉Congratulations to you & your Mighty Games Team on your new release🎉 i would like to know if you would implement Everyplay, Kamcord or ReplayKit?
09-29-2015, 10:49 PM
Sweet! Downloading now. I saw this on Twitter not too long ago and was pleasantly surprised to see it at the top of the hot games section when I opened the TA app. Gotta go to bed now but can't wait to load it up in the AM!