★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: IMPORTANT: Planar Conquest is compatible only with iPad 3 & newer devices, iPhone 5 & newer. Its NOT compatible with iPhone 4, iPad 2, iPad Mini and earlier devices.

Become an all-powerful Sorcerer Lord and lead one of 8 different races to the ultimate victory. Explore multiple planes of existence, raid dungeons, and conquer cities. Expand your armies, cast mighty spells, and summon godly creatures to do your bidding.

eXplore, eXpand, eXploit, and eXterminate - Planar Conquest is a massive fantasy 4X strategy game inspired by the immortal classic, Master of Magic by Microprose (1994). A combination of excellent depth known from Civilization and epic fantasy battles from Heroes of Might and Magic make for an immersive and complex strategy experience tailor-made for iOS devices.

Features:
Create your own Sorcerer Lord
Customize your character and lead one of 8 wildly different races, choosing between 40+ character traits and mastering over 300 spells from 13 schools of magic.

Explore an imaginative fantasy universe
Conquer, rule and exploit 7 distinct planes of existence, each of them filled with riches, mysteries and dangers.

Expand your empire
Build new cities and rise to power thanks to 50 different city improvements and 160 unit types, ranging from rank-and-file soldiers to mythical dragons.

Raise an unstoppable army
Recruit and equip legendary heroes to command your armies, level up your warriors and support them with an arsenal of deadly spells to quench any resistance.

Streamlined, not simplified
A PC strategy game streamlined for iOS without any gameplay concessions. Experience the full depth of an epic conflict spanning multiple worlds and hundreds of units. A must have for any strategy fan!

NOTE: Base game features 3 planes and 4 races. Additional planes and races are available as in-game purchases.

strivemind's comments:

02-04-2016, 03:13 PM
Master of Magic inspired? So going to get this. I still love that game after over 20 years and should still have a copy flying around somewhere.
The colorful graphics style reminds me more of Lords of Magic, though.

UPDATE: Oha, this seems to be a mobile version of Worlds of Magic. Unfortunately that one got ...not exactly glowing... reviews.

Last edited by Nullzone; 02-04-2016 at 03:19 PM.

02-04-2016, 03:37 PM
This game looks really interesting but all the bad reviews on Steam give me pause.
02-04-2016, 03:40 PM
Its a bit pricey to take a chance
02-05-2016, 10:07 AM
After watching a couple hours worth of reviews on Worlds of Magic, I decided to take a chance and pick this up. If anyone is interested I can post some imps tonight or tomorrow.
02-05-2016, 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ojtitus View Post
After watching a couple hours worth of reviews on Worlds of Magic, I decided to take a chance and pick this up. If anyone is interested I can post some imps tonight or tomorrow.
Thanks! Definitely interested. Unless you give it a total thumbs down, I still plan to get it on the weekend.
02-05-2016, 11:12 AM
Just a quick note that the opening tutorial at the start of the game is not working for me(iOS 9, iPad mini 4), it quits working properly on the second turn after tapping on the Druids skill icon it tells me to select Acid Arrows but the skill menu never opens and the only part of the UI that works is the exit tutorial options.

Luckily there is also a nice help menu that shows what the menus functions are in the different sections when you create a new game(at least the first time) and the help menu did a better job than what the tutorial was doing.
02-05-2016, 11:45 AM
Deff interested, let me know how it is !
02-05-2016, 12:21 PM
Any gameplay video ?
02-05-2016, 12:25 PM
Apparently a streamlined version of a remake of Worlds of Magic, intended to resolve the issues that underpin the negative publicity of the latter: http://www.psnation.com/2016/02/05/s...anar-conquest/

If no gameplay concessions have been made despite the streamlining, devs or anyone who might be in the know, does this version feature cross-platform multiplayer?

Vocalist of Earthbridge and Neverlast
Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/[insert arbitrary game network, online character or multiplayer account here]: Ayjona