Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Old 03-26-2010, 05:30 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleabag323 View Post
I either posted in here or in a different thread a link to an appadvice article saying that only controls and graphics were fixed.
I don't really care about what AppDevice says, however since you care so much, did you read this?

Quote:
Since most of these games retail for $19.99 for the Mac OS, it seems to be about on par.
Even they agree. Are you even getting an iPad?
Old 03-26-2010, 05:32 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannys95 View Post
I don't really care about what AppDevice says, however since you care so much, did you read this?

Even they agree. Are you even getting an iPad?
Yes.
Continue conversation on Twitter, don't want to spam the forums.
Old 03-26-2010, 05:39 PM
iPod Touch (2nd Gen), OS 3.x

If even one of these developers launched any great at $1.99, it would top the charts and spew dust onto the $10 apps. A lot more people would buy it, and give a bigger profit to the developer than starting at a higher price. Isn't the $.99 pricing of good apps start the increased sales of the iPhone/ iPod touch App store? Same rule should apply here, don't you think?
Old 03-26-2010, 05:43 PM
iPod Touch (2nd Gen), OS 4.x

Interestingly, AppAdvice seems to have an iPad lying around, hence all the previews. (including an iPad app store walkthrough) That makes me think...Is arn hiding something?
Old 03-26-2010, 06:05 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tocarina View Post
Interestingly, AppAdvice seems to have an iPad lying around, hence all the previews. (including an iPad app store walkthrough) That makes me think...Is arn hiding something?
Wouldn't be surprised given the following:

http://www.macrumors.com/2010/03/23/...ter-this-week/

Quote:
It's certainly no surprise, but Silicon Alley Insider has heard that Apple will be shipping iPads to prominent reviewers later this week in order to provide them ample lead time to prepare their featured reviews for the device's April 3rd launch in the United States.
We've heard from an industry source that Apple is either shipping iPads to reviewers this Thursday, or has already shipped them to be received this Thursday.

The report notes that it is unknown whether reviewers will receive Wi-Fi-only, Wi-Fi + 3G, or both types of iPads. U.S. customers will be able to obtain the Wi-Fi models beginning April 3rd but will have to wait until "late April" for 3G-capable models to become available.

The exact list of reviewers receiving early access to the iPad is of course unknown, but it is a safe bet that such personalities as The Wall Street Journal's Walt Mossberg, The New York Times' David Pogue, and USA Today's Ed Baig will be among those with hands-on reviews ready for publication as soon as Apple opens the door.
Old 03-26-2010, 06:10 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying-Jew View Post
If even one of these developers launched any great at $1.99, it would top the charts and spew dust onto the $10 apps. A lot more people would buy it, and give a bigger profit to the developer than starting at a higher price. Isn't the $.99 pricing of good apps start the increased sales of the iPhone/ iPod touch App store? Same rule should apply here, don't you think?
What "rule" are you talking about? If you are talking about the "rule" that developers spend months creating an app or game--and then have to reduce the price to less than what a burger costs because whiny children don't want to pay a fair price--then no, I certainly don't think that "rule" should apply.

I want to see quality games like Splinter Cell on the iPad and I am willing to pay a fair price. I am hoping that the iPad will attract developers who will create console-quality games for us non-crybabies. The Touch can continue to be a haven for 99-cent fart apps and Minigores for the kiddies, but the iPad should be so much more than that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggelly View Post
Kiddies you can't expect iPhone prices for iPad games.
Yep!
Old 03-26-2010, 06:15 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

They're a bit expensive...
Old 03-26-2010, 07:56 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

I really can't wait for Real Racing HD and Flight Control HD!! The iPad is gonna be great!
Old 03-26-2010, 08:22 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Send a message via Skype™ to Muscat

I wonder how long these higher prices will hold? Even though its more work to create games for the iPad (not by much though I suppose) the low barrier of entry and high levels of competetion will probably start to drive consumer expectations on price way down. I'm super happy to see that the 99c race didnt start on launch day atleast however
Old 03-26-2010, 08:48 PM

All I want are all games to be Universal.. You would be dumb to ignore the iPhone/iTouch App Store