Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread
[Note: This thread will be updated constantly as new information comes in. It will have information more organized than the past 3DS thread.]
Launch Date: March 27th, 2011
Colors Available: Aqua Blue, Cosmo Black
INCLUDED IN THE BOX
• Nintendo 3DS system
• Nintendo 3DS charging cradle
• Nintendo 3DS AC adapter
• Nintendo 3DS stylus
• SD Memory Card (2GB)
• AR Card(s) (view the cards using the outer cameras to play supported AR games)
• Quick-Start Guide
• Operations Manual (including warranty)
• 3D screen, enabling 3D view without the need for special glasses and the ability to adjust
or turn off 3D effect with the 3D Depth Slider.
• Stereo cameras that enable users to take 3D photos that can be viewed instantly on the 3D
• New input interfaces including the Circle Pad, motion sensor, gyro sensor
• SpotPass, a feature that lets Nintendo 3DS detect wireless hotspots or wireless LAN access
points and obtain information, game data, free software, videos and so on for players even
when the system is in sleep mode.*
• StreetPass, a feature that lets Nintendo 3DS exchange data automatically with other
Nintendo 3DS systems within range, even in sleep mode once this feature is activated by
the user. Data for multiple games can be exchanged simultaneously.
• Convenient features that users can access without stopping game play such as the HOME
menu, Internet Brower, Notifications, etc.
• Plenty of built-in software such as the Nintendo 3DS Camera, Nintendo 3DS Sound, Mii
Maker, StreetPass, Mii Plaza, AR Games, Activity Log, Face Raiders, etc.
• Nintendo eShop where users can view trailers, software rankings and purchase software.
• System Transfer which enable users to transfer already purchased software from one
Nintendo 3DS system to another. DSiWare purchased for the Nintendo DSi or the Nintendo
DSi XL can also be transferred into a Nintendo 3DS system.**
• Compatibility functions where both new software designed for Nintendo 3DS and most
software for the Nintendo DS family of systems can be played.
• Parental Controls which enable parents to restrict game
*Some of these features may not be available at launch
**There is a limit to how many times transfers can be made. Some software may not be transferred.
***Additional features added through system updates may also be subject to Parental Controls.
Some of these features such as the Internet browser, Nintendo eShop, system transfer and the ability
to download software and videos using SpotPass will be available after system updates are performed
No concrete details, but according to Nintendo, there will be 30+ games out by the end of the launch window (by June). Expect the launch to be similar to the Japanese one, with games like Nintendogs, Super Street Fighter IV: 3RD Edition, Dead or Alive Dimensions, Resident Evil Mercenaries, etc. with Kid Icarus Uprising, Zelda Ocarina of Time, Star Fox, etc. following soon after.
Now Playing Broken Sword
Last edited by Omega-F; 03-27-2011 at 12:09 PM.