Universal 100 Rogues (By Fusion Reactions)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by New England Gamer, May 4, 2010.

1. starcat

starcat Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2010

Hey keith, just letting you know Kickstarter is a huge scam. never use them.

you are better going with something like Indigogo.

2. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    And they won't take PayPal! :mad:

3. starcat

starcat Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2010
    they wont take paypal because paypal takes a cut, so they make even less money.

4. WesPaugh

WesPaugh Well-Known Member

May 5, 2010
    The Software Developer, 100 Rogues
    Rochester, NY
    Thanks! I found a guy in our office building that has one and will help test. I might only be able to leverage him ever few days, but that's a heck of a lot closer. Meantime, I'll be saving up :-/

5. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    The screen tearing on tiles still happens on my iphone 4 and ipad 2. On the ipad 2 I actually get a head ache from playing.

6. Melhisedek

Melhisedek Active Member

Aug 22, 2010
    What are those runes on the floors for? Never really got around to ask it :)

7. medianotzu

medianotzu Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Really excited about the upcoming character class. :D

Keith, are the hit detection issues a known bug? I am playing a game currently with an invincible zombie. Nothing can hit or harm him. I also found I can't kill some acid spitting beetles in the dungeon. They always heal complete right after each hit I get on them.

8. WesPaugh

WesPaugh Well-Known Member

May 5, 2010
    The Software Developer, 100 Rogues
    Rochester, NY
    Hit detection? Not sure what you mean by 'can't hit or harm'. Do monsters try to attack him? Does he just take no damage from any attacks.

Ghost Beetles are working as intended. Health regen has been a historically buggy feature for monsters, but I finally unified some save / load code with level generation so as to fix it, once and for all. So, Ghost Beetles might not have regened in past updates, but they are definitely supposed to.

Still hard at work figuring out the tearing issues. Everything I try seems to make it worse, unfortunately :-/

9. medianotzu

medianotzu Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Ah, yes, I figured it out with the ghost beetles. Definitely didn't used to regen like that. :)

Yeah, the zombie cannot be hit, it seems. Any attempt to damage him simply has no effect. It doesn't indicate he dodges or that the monsters miss, he just doesn't take any damage. Also, he ends up frequently on the same tile with other monsters.

10. Melhisedek

Melhisedek Active Member

Aug 22, 2010
    I have a bug to report... I can't seem to even start Challenge mode 4 as the whole game crashes.

And once again I wonder what are those flashing "@" on the floors everywhere? I must have missed the change notes on them :)

11. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Watch your stats/etc as you step on/off of them... ;)

12. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Just got into this one, fun so far.

I wish the developers would offer a more economical way of purchasing additional characters; although I'd love to support six $0.99 characters and two $0.99 modes tally up. I am appreciative of the continued new content.

13. Drexiel

Drexiel Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Commercial Diver
    Ponce, PR
    you know, this is actually the first and the ONLY app I've bought IAP... bought all the characters after being able to play with the Knight... though i only play with the skelly scoundrel now xD

14. mekanikal fiend

mekanikal fiend Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2010
    undead cow- i purchased this long ago when it was 4.99 and have purchased every IAP and still feel as if its a good deal.

this game, with all of its history with bugs, has been constantly updated and polished until it shined. the dev has put lots of love and hard work to add new stuff and keep the game fresh even tho its been out for awhile (2 years or so? i cant remember)

Most devs get your money, then move on to another project leaving the past ones to wither without anything new or updating known bugs. IMO Wes is one of the best devs, and i will purchase any new additions to his game, because of his work ethic, and the fact that the game is so great.

15. keithburgun

keithburgun Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Game Design, Author
    Westchester, NY
    #2935 keithburgun, Dec 31, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2011
    Thanks Mekanikal. By the way, I'm the lead designer of 100 Rogues. Since the Scoundrel came out, myself and the lead artist of 100 Rogues (Blake Reynolds) have been really focusing on our next game, Auro the Golden Prince (which will be on iOS and if you like 100 Rogues, I think it's safe to say you should at least check Auro out).

I started a thread on that here: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=116194

But also you guys should know that we just joined back up with Wes to start working on the fourth player class for 100 Rogues: The DINOMAN BRUISER.

[​IMG]

A few things to know about the Bruiser...

- He has a smaller belly, but can eat items! Some items even give him special benefits...

- He has very high health and attack damage, and is quite good when un-armed

- He has a special polymorphing mode wherein he turns into a large DINOSAUR and wreaks havoc

I'll be making a post soon on the official 100 Rogues site that goes into more depth.

16. Drexiel

Oct 27, 2011
    Commercial Diver
    Ponce, PR
    #2936 Drexiel, Dec 31, 2011
    Finally!!! awesomenesss!!!! :D

Been waiting since forever to play as the dinoman :D can't wait for him to be released :D specially since the Skelly Scoundrel kinda disappointed me :(

17. keithburgun

Feb 18, 2010
    Game Design, Author
    Westchester, NY
    The scoundrel disappointed you? How? Personally she's my favorite class. Recently I had a game where I got Marksman, as well as some poisoned arrows... poisoning a whole LINE of monsters with every shot was seriously awesome. Not to mention I stole a ring of accuracy off of a Skeleton!

But yeah I'd really like to know how the Skelly disappointed you... and did you notice we gave her a new skill since she was released, Quick Step?

18. Drexiel

Oct 27, 2011
    Commercial Diver
    Ponce, PR
    #2938 Drexiel, Dec 31, 2011
    dunno, maybe i'm not playing her right, but i usually play thief/assassin/archer in rpg's (atm on Skyrim I'm a Thief/Archer)... But i find that the skelly misses too much, doesnt do backstabs quite often and rarely dodges... i find my mage in 100 Rogeus dodging more ._.

Again, maybe I haven't played her right, but after being so excited when i first bought her... i felt like she didnt feel natural to me =[

yet somehow, i rarely play mages but i find myself playin the fairy mage more often... also like playing with the Armor monster too :)

Anyways I'm playing 100 Rogues atm tinkering around with the skelly... i can't even kill the genie -__- I've always played stealth classes or archer classes and I know how to handle them since they feel natural to me... but i can't really figure out the skellygirl =/

haven't tried her as archer though

Edit: forgot to mention that what actually disappointed me was the fact that smoke bomb is kind of useless to me even though it's the skill i want to use the most... i ALWAYS miss even if outside the smoke screen, when attacking someone inside it... specially after watching her intro video a long time ago where i think it was you that showed some drawings about her using smoke bomb and leap attacking everyone in it... if i do that, i miss a lot, rarely hitting anyone =/

and yeah i noticed the Quick Step ability, i ALWAYS aim to get that as quickly as possible

19. keithburgun

Feb 18, 2010
    Game Design, Author
    Westchester, NY
    Here's how it works. Someone inside a smoke cloud has roughly a 40% reduction in to-hit. He also has a 40% increase in "dodge". So if you're in the smoke and trying to hit someone in the smoke, its nearly impossible. If you're outside the smoke and trying to hit someone inside the smoke (or vice versa) you'll miss more than half the time. So just knowing that should help you a lot. Smokebomb is meant to confuse monsters and get you out of a sticky situation. They key is avoidance!

However, with that said, Marksman gives a huge (roughly 40%) bonus to accuracy with ranged weapons, so you CAN hit monsters inside smoke if you have that.

20. Drexiel

Oct 27, 2011
    Commercial Diver
    Ponce, PR
    so there is no way other than leap attack in order to perform backstabs? since there doesn't seem to be a way to sneak past monsters or being able to use any stealth =/ i was hoping for Smoke Bomb to be the answer .-.

oh and the reason i haven't tried marskman yet is because I've been trying to go with an assassin-like dagger build... that's why i tried dual wielding daggers but failed at it D: