iPhone A5 only Mech game -- first images!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by RPGGuy, Oct 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tanya

Tanya Active Member

Sep 30, 2011
    Awesome graphic. I don't like such a games but this one looks great! I've already downloaded it for my nephews, they are happy!

2. RPGGuy

RPGGuy Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2008
    Here is a video of the latest progress. As you can see I've added dynamic light rays (same as Unreal Engine demo for Infinity Blade 2). I also have the mech walking, aiming and shooting missiles.

The game will follow a predefined route but you can choose when to stop or advance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPuJAC8HmPU

3. kearnel

kearnel Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2011
    Swansea, UK
    wow, looks soo much more better than the initial screens, great job. looking forward to this, when u expecting to release this

4. Andiron

Andiron Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2010
    Looks great in the video. My only concern are the controls. I'm possibly in the minority but one thing I hate in touchscreen games on iOS is that it seems that too many devs just assume that everything has to be controlled with gestures and touching all over the screen. I'd recommend at least an optional control scheme (like a virtual analog stick) for those of us who want to control it more like a console game and want to watch the amazing graphics rather than seeing our fat meaty hands instead... ;)

I'd look into getting it if it comes out for iPhone4 but I wish you luck with it regardless. I'll *never* complain about another mech game even if I don't own a device to play it. Mech games never get old.

5. Goose

Goose Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2009
    looks really nice man. nice to see some small devs putting some serious effort into the visual side of things.

6. RPGGuy

RPGGuy Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2008
    I expect the release to be early next year.

I did have a virtual stick to aim already but it seemed too hard. I can try it again once I have more of the game done. It's still very early with this one.

The game is working on iPhone 4S. I can probably remove some effects for iPhone 4 as well.

I'm going to add some different weapons including lasers next week and will start adding the enemies in.

7. kcs

kcs Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Cool screen shots!

8. RPGGuy

RPGGuy Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2008
    The game's name is now officially Mech Pilot.

I've changes the controls to virtual joystick for aiming and have it working pretty well. The tap to shoot method wouldn't work well because your finger would be over the thing you're trying to hit.

Will have some new screenshots and new environments soon.

9. Kharma

Kharma Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2011