Astro Ranch - OFFICIAL launch thread

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Paul@Tag, Aug 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. colorsound

colorsound Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    Video Game Developer / Photographer / Graphic Arti
    Detroit, MI

Oh..... so still another month away?

Hmm.
    Has this been submitted?

Any reason the launch date is so far away?

If it's to generate hype, you already got that by using an original release of March, 2009

Sorry to be a crab, it just feels far away still.

2. Paul@Tag

Paul@Tag Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2008
    Scotland, UK
    Well the main reason that the game has taken as long as it has is:

1/ We are a small studio and have only had 2 people working on Astro Ranch for much of its development

2/ We took time out mid-development as we didn't think the iPhone market was large enough in the relevant demographics for this game (that has now clearly changed)

3/ We want Astro Ranch to be as good as possible!

After we took some flak for Car Jack Streets from some people for hyping the game too much you'll notice its a more steady approach this time. Astro Ranch doesn't need any hype, its a unique game with some lovely visuals. We are quietly confident it will do well ;-)

Thanks
    P

3. snow_mani

snow_mani Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Melbourne, Australia
    Enjoying the latest beta

As one of the beta testers I must say that it's been lots of fun and very interesting to see how Astro Ranch has evolved over the last couple of months.

I'm not permitted to reveal specific details about the beta test and the game itself. Especially as those details may change during the process of finalizing and polishing the game for it's "launch" onto the AppStore.

However I do keep an eye on threads about the game. It can be interesting to read speculation about Astro Ranch and it's also interesting to read the odd bit of information that Paul posts.

Yes it has been a long time since the first announced release date of this game. But as a beta tester I can assure you that Tag Games are putting a lot of effort into trying to make this a polished and fun game. There have been several versions of the beta. Each building and improving on the last. This is taking a lot of effort from everyone. I have no doubt that this game has become a bigger undertaking than Tag Games expected it to be way back when they first announced it.

So will all this effort and feedback result in a perfect flawless game that everyone likes? Of course not! No game can achieve that. Even so I like what I've seen and played so far. For me it's different (I haven't played Farmville or Animal Crossing) and quirky. I can play at my own pace and I can play how I want to. I've found it great fun and on that note I'm off to continue my beta testing. The latest beta has taught me I should pay more careful attention to my spickens! :)

4. TIMELESS

TIMELESS Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2009
    I can not wait for this game. It looks great.

5. Maeks

Maeks Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    $4.99/$2.99 (launch)? Nice!

That is definitely incentive to pick this up. I read about this game waay back when I got my touch (Nov. 08), and wondered what the hell had happened.

I've been wanting a Harvest Moon-y for a while now, that puzzle game Natsume put in the store just isn't cutting it.

6. Paul@Tag

Oct 4, 2008
    Scotland, UK
    Here's a sneak pic of one of the marketing images...

[​IMG]

Will have some icon designs for you to vote on very soon too!

Cheers
    P

7. goiMot

goiMot Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Physician
    #67 goiMot, Feb 3, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2010
    Taken from Pocketgamer:

8. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    #68 GodSon, Feb 3, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2010
    Good find. Insta buy for me! ;)

9. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    First, go through the Forum rules.

And second, where was it posted? Dont see anything on the pocketgamer website. Google sent me to a videogamer.com forum page but that too was not available anymore. You can see it in google cache though.

10. goiMot

goiMot Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Physician
    #70 goiMot, Feb 3, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2010

Thanks for your comment about posting, and yes there's a post about the game on pocketgamer, just use the search box on their website, but here is the link to save you some time:
    http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/social/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=161371

11. Paul@Tag

Oct 4, 2008
    Scotland, UK
    Just released the introduction movie from the game... check out the first page of this thread to see what's in store!

Game-play trailer next week ;-)

12. nizy

nizy Well-Known Member

Thats a pretty funny video. The Star Trek stuff is cliched, but still funny in a spoof movie kinda way. Does that kind of humour run throughout the entire game?

13. TIMELESS

Sep 10, 2009
    Is this still going to be released the 21st of this month.

14. Paul@Tag

Oct 4, 2008
    Scotland, UK
    We are doing everything we can to get this out on the 21st. We will be submitting to Apple by the end of next week unless something very wrong happens...

We'll put out the game-play trailer at the start of next week along with more details. It's been a long, hard road with this game, a lot rides on it's success so we want to make sure you love it as much as we do.

P

PS I played the game for pretty much 10 hours today and still found it hard to put down at the end of the day... just wanted to keep building my ranch and catch all the fish! One of the guys on the game said yesterday this is the most fun game he's made since GTA!!

15. scottyd2k9

scottyd2k9 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    Unemployed
    st helens (UK)
    Cant wait !

16. ChocoVanilla

ChocoVanilla Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Traveller
    SweetsTown, DessertVille, CandyLand
    OMG...you have a member of the GTA team on your team? Sweet! High-production values FTW!

17. TIMELESS

Sep 10, 2009
    Thank you very much for your hard work I know this is going to be a great game.Have a great weekend

18. Doornob

Doornob Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Port Orchard WA
    IM SO EXCITED!!! My two favorite games in the entire world are Animal Crossing and Harvest Moon... This looks like the most amazing mix for an ipod EVAR! I love you for making this happen Paul. I cant WAIT to see the gameplay trailer. Thank you SO much for making this happen. I can promise you I will be buying that the moment it hits the app store :D

19. aquatic

aquatic Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2009
    Professional Game Tester
    WA, USA
    Funny video! wish it showed some gameplay though! I can't wait for this one to come out I am such a fan of Harvest Moon, actually been playing the PSX version for the last 24 hours and thought, hey.. there has to be something like this for iphone or at least there should be.. and now here I am..:eek:

20. Paul@Tag

Oct 4, 2008
    Scotland, UK
    Game play video is in the bag. Should have it uploaded tomorrow. Of course will be posted here as soon as the ranch hands have time!