Best Open-World Games?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Vee, Apr 19, 2011.

1. anteye5

anteye5 Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    So just to be clear this doesn't work on ipod5g

2. Protopop

Protopop Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 21, 2014
    Unfortunately the current version won't run on an iPod touch. It needs at lest an A6 Chip and 1 Gb of Ram. But I am working on optimizing the game to run on 512mb devices like iPod Mini and iPhone 4S. I'm getting pretty close to making it work and if I can it might run on an iPod5g too. I'll post an update if I can get it to work, and I'm sorry about not supporting your device.

3. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    @prototop, your other game Plum Nut does looks great man. ill definitely give this one a try. so just a quick question since i dont want to derailed this thread into your personal Q&A,so, there is no quest or specific mission in this game?just exploring through the area?

4. Protopop

Patreon Silver

Jul 21, 2014
    #24 Protopop, Jul 21, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2014
    Thanks redribbon:) Yes it's just exploring with some interaction and powering up. For example, you can gain the power to transform into an eagle and fly by climbing a certain tower. You can hunt and kill animals but doing so interferes with your spirit view. You can learn about Nimian history (the full world map is at http://nimianlegends.com ) by speaking with citizens and using lookouts and viewdots. I would like to update the experience with some minor questing, but first Im working on an optimization update so more devices can play it.

If you have an Ipad Mini Retina you can also download and play the iPhone version on it, but there's native iPad Air/Mini Retina support (universal app) coming in the next update.

(BTW I love Plum Nut and wish it had sold better, so I'm glad you mentioned it)

5. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    @protopop: You should open a thread for Brightridge, really deserves more attention. Plus, we don't hijack this one ;)

I pretty much stumbled on this here thread (could have missed it quite easily) , liked the screenshot and downloaded.
    Bloody impressive, e.g. the view from the bridge is fantastic.

Nice to hear you are adding iPad Air support sometime down the road. The iPhone version already looks great on the Air, even when enlarged. I assume native Air will look even better.
    Already missing an ingame map, the area appears to be positively gigantic and I am getting lost already.

UPDATE: Whoopdeedoo, what's that awesome-looking stuff on your homepage? Nimian Legends browser RPG? Needs some more love, too :) But no idea where you would open a thread for that, should you feel so inclinded. In "General Game Discussion and Questions" maybe.

6. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
  7. Protopop

Patreon Silver

Jul 21, 2014
  8. Empfmil

Empfmil Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2012
    I'm not sure if this is your thing, but 9th Dawn is an open world rpg that apparently is supposed to be very good.

9. basil

basil Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2013
    Sid Meier's Pirates
    Questlord
    Undercroft
    Kotor!