Caveboy Escape from Appxplore (Alien Hive & Sporos) will be releasing Feb 27, 2014

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Appxplore, Feb 20, 2014.

1. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    This game's a lot of fun. Really polished with great animations and perfect for short bursts of play, just like Alien Hive!

2. Appxplore

Appxplore Well-Known Member

Glad you like it. Must try survivor mode and beat the high scores. :)

3. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Hi there just took code:XR7NN6RKW7LM. Gonna play now, be back soon.

Thanks for the code and good luck with your launch, I know it's tough out there.

4. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    First off is that I bought the unlock all in the store to play survival, just to get on the Leaderboard, you can see me now on there Ha Ha Ha.

It's a fun game, it's all well presented, like the little dude, turned off the music, well I do that always or I will go crazy.

It's a big game you got 500 levels times 3 that's big IMO.

But that will keep me off the street Ha Ha.

Play some more tomorrow see what comes next.

5. farjo08

farjo08 Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2011
    I grabbed a promo code, I think it was 3THE997AEH67.

I love the game. A nice twist on the typical match 3 type of game.

Here are some thoughts:

1) I am huge fan of the Angry Birds series, but like those, after about 15 - 20 levels I feel I need a break as it does get a bit repetitive at times. But don't take that the wrong way, I keep coming back and already finished the all of the Ruins areas with 3 stars.

2) The banner to use Elixers? needs to be moved down, out of the playing field. It didn't affect me much at first, but later in the game, it impedes the playing field and makes it difficult to see the paths, especially when you are stuck. I'd recommend moving it as low as you can, but at leas out of the playing field.

3) I don't care about achievements, in fact I changed my GC name, to avoid people from contacting me to be friends or asking how I did something (did the same with the 360 as I was initially intrigued by achievements, but found myself wasting too much time getting achievements and not playing, enjoying other games). But on that note, the achievements for completing the Ruins levels all unlocked at around 98 or 99 levels, before completing the 100th level.

Otherwise I think this is a great game, very enjoyable, and very fitting in bursts.

Looking forward to seeing the final version, and hope new levels are introduced (even though I have 200 more to complete).

For those that don't know, the game has, I believe, 500 levels. It sounds like a lot, and it is, but it will keep you occupied for quite some time. Especially if you want to 3 star every level. They way I played, if I didn't 3 star a level, I kept replaying until I did. The board/patterns are the same, so it's not that bad, but will take some time.

Great game, though! I really have enjoyed it, and looking forward to the next 200 levels!

6. Appxplore

#26 Appxplore, Feb 25, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2014
    We are glad you like Caveboy Escape! We know there are still room to be improved, and any comment and suggestion are welcome.

ROGER-NL - Thank you for the support! Yes, we see you in Game Center. Nicely done.

7. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    #27 ROGER-NL, Feb 25, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2014
    Just want to know why the main game has no Leaderboard only survival has one.

If the main game, I mean the 500 levels had a point system instead of 3 stars you could have a Leaderboard for it, which for me would make the game more interesting, because I am a Leaderboard junkie.

8. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    This game has a freaking TON of content. Seriously, 500 puzzles with three rooms each. Highly polished. A great little time burner when you got five minutes to kill waiting for your meal or something. Will grab the IAP just to support the dev. Good luck on the launch!

9. Appxplore

That's a big encouragement! We are so glad you like Caveboy Escape. And thank you for the IAP support!

10. JamesChan

JamesChan Member

Aug 26, 2013
  11. Appxplore

Caveboy Escape is officially out worldwide on iTunes, Google Play and Blackberry World!

We will move the discussion to the new thread (Thanks to Sanuku) @ iPhone & iPad game.

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=220476

Thank you again for all the feedback and support!