Drag Racer 4 : Perfect Run

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by AdamTelfer, Mar 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dommur

dommur Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2009
    pm me ill tell u
    that happened to me i went to bed and then woke up pretty late and didn't want to check this tread cause i thought it still might not be out so i didn't. A couple hours later i went to touch arcade and a window popped up from AdamTelfer and i was like what the hell so i clicked view now an it it said "they just approved the game. I'm trying to look for it in the app store now" so i opened itunes and closed all the tabs i had on safari and it froze safari. i couldn't force quit it or even minimize so i was stuck for like for like 10 min trying to get to itunes up so i could look for it. anyways its out and its only a matter of time until i can play it:)

2. Rman04

Rman04 Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Alright maybe we should have this by the end of the day. Thanks for the updates and the review, I cant wait to play this.

3. theishkid

theishkid Well-Known Member

Played the game for about two seconds. It seems to be very in depth just like the flash game was. There are a few critique items I have for Adam but want to play more before I give an in-depth review. I can tell you that it is as fun as the flash game was and works nicely on any idevice. The one thing that's going to be hit or miss for a lot of people is the shifting mechanism. Not because it isn't a good idea or implemented well... but just the limitations of the device. I've always felt that the phone touchscreen is nice but only about 90-95 percent accurate... Not bad, but nowhere near perfect. That being said, the device has missed a few of my shifts I have made in my early races. I would suggest to Adam to implement an option to have paddle shifters instead of the 6 speed shifter. Maybe he could even make it an upgrade for the cars that you have to pay for. It's definitely a real thing in many high end cars and something you can actually upgrade to in other cars so at least that way wouldn't take away from the realism. My one other early thing is to show a little finish line marker when you're in the race so you know how far away you are instead of just coming to the end automatically.

4. dommur

dommur Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2009
    pm me ill tell u
    Sweet it out on itunes

5. Spartan4

Spartan4 Active Member

Aug 19, 2009
    I hope I can play this by the end of the day.

6. Rman04

Rman04 Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Downloading now

7. Rman04

Rman04 Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Great job on the game Adam it is wonderful, yet there are a few issues. I am on my iphone an inept at typing on it so I will just list the one that is my biggest pet peave. The quarter mile times/ 400 meter times and the top spee or off..... A lot.i had a 13 sec time at 64 mph, the flash game was more accurate in this matter. Regardless this is my new fav game. Thank you for making it.

8. drift3r

drift3r New Member

Sep 19, 2009
    damn wait three months just to get an error saying this app requires a microphone :(

9. AdamTelfer

AdamTelfer Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2009
    requires a microphone? I've never seen that issue with the iPod touch. I'll look into it asap, im sorry for the problem.

10. drift3r

drift3r New Member

Sep 19, 2009
    awesome because i really want to play this game :D

11. Prab

Prab Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Dec 17, 2008
    CS student
    SG