Free app providers discussion and updates

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by VoodooVyper, May 2, 2012.

1. strivemind

strivemind Well-Known Member

There is a specific community Group designated for promo/gift code trading:
    Promo Code Exchange Group

2. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    #482 New England Gamer, May 28, 2012
    Last edited: May 28, 2012
    Which of course is ok (provided it is for iOS codes) since it is not on the open forums and you do so at your own risk (failure to receive the traded code, receiving an expired code, etc)

[edited the original post for clarity]

3. Wediafom24

Wediafom24 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2010
    Student
    Asmara, Eritrea
    Yeah, that's what I thought too. Anyway, thanks for the heads up.

4. q8)

q8) Member

May 3, 2012
    New sponsor app, design this home for 80 credits.

5. EfratBarTal

EfratBarTal Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Female
    CEO
    Tel-Aviv
    not seeing it

6. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Sorry, NEG. :eek:

7. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    #487 awp69, May 29, 2012
    Last edited: May 29, 2012
    Wonder if they're migrating away from free "gift" games/apps all together. There's been no new games to my knowledge in a long while (looking back through the thread, I guess NBA Jam was added there for a short while). Overall the apps they did have are dwindling.

iTunes and Amazon gift cards going to replace them all together?

Don't get me wrong the codes/gift cards are nice, but it takes a while to build up points for them. Nice to pick up a 260 point, $.99 game that you want rather than saving and waiting for more sponsor apps. (Guess I'm the impatient type :rolleyes: )

8. Neswii

Neswii Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2011
    Yeah. I have 780 points and I don't think I'll be getting to 3000 anytime soon. May pick up the first game that interests me that appears on my budget and say goodbye to this. Non existent customer service, no representatives, no clear plan. They could even be spying on our app habits for all we know. Also, on ios 6 there's a chance udids are gone for good so, that would be the end of this too.

9. Snake Eater

Snake Eater Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2011
    it will take you till maybe December to hit 3000 at the rate of sponsored apps they put up

10. nfong

nfong Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2011
    Hm, has FMA not added the ability to get multiple GCs yet? Like say you want to redeem for a few $1 Amazon GCs... seems like you can only do it once. =/

11. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    It seems so, else I'd be spamming those $1 cards. ;) (Already am, using a handful of devices... ;))

12. UmbraVir

UmbraVir Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Student
    CT
    On that subject: http://xkcd.com/951/

I'm starting to realize that FMA is much more trouble than its worth. That is if you have a job. lol

13. Jibba

Jibba Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    The email I used for FMA, which is fortunately my spam email, got hacked after I gave the email address to a few of FMAs apps. It's never been hacked before and I'm pretty confident that's what did it. But I don't have a clue which app it was. Anyway, that's why I use an old email address for crap like that. And I don't really blame FMA because I don't have any reason to think they were any more than a middle man.

14. Woo hoo!

Finally got my $10 itunes gift card yesterday for 3000 points. Just in time for all the sales this weekend. It took awhile to find the $10 gift card on the gift list, but finally got it, and it was smooth as can be, it just redeemed automatically in itunes and credited me with $10.

So, I got

World of goo hd $2 (usually 5)
    Iblask moki hd $2 (5)
    Deadspace hd $2 (10)
    Grand theft auto 3 $1 (5)
    Osmos for ipad $2 (5)
    Pro zombie soccer hd $1 (2)

So I got $32 worth of games for 3000 points on FMA, wow! I did buy about another 10 games this weekend, so got a lot of gaming to do, and gotta start deleting more programs off my new ipad to make room for all my new games!

Thanks FMA! You guys rock!

15. misinform60

misinform60 Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2012
    How old are you? If you don't mind the question? You sound like you eat a lot of candy :)

16. Neswii

Neswii Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2011
    I will change my passwords as soon as I find a way to completely remove FMA data. I may have to clean my device up and not restore at all. Hmm... Does anyone have a tutorial on how to remove the files 100% without a full device clear without restore?

17. Well, my first gaming console was an Atari 2600, my first computer a Commodore 64, and my first car an Isuzu Impulse. I even remember a time when there was such a thing as records, haha.

Yeah, but I think I've been drinking too many soft drinks. Been getting them for free, so gained like 5 pounds lately... So maybe it's giving me a caffeine high.

Or maybe I'm excited to get so many games and a $10 gift card from FMA at the perfect time with all of these sales going on.

18. PureSkill

PureSkill Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    We will see...
    Flour Bluff
    It is simple,
    To completely disassociate it from FreeMyApps, go to Settings > Safari > Delete Cookies and never go to the FMA website again or disable cookies.

If you need more info, then please see this post:http://forums.toucharcade.com/showpost.php?p=2266185&postcount=366

19. Neswii

Neswii Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2011
    Thanks. Hopefully that works.

20. Fatchoy

Fatchoy Well-Known Member

May 3, 2012
    I got 10$ gc from my iphone 3gs and another 10$ gc on my iphone 4s.. And already got 30$ on junowallet.. :) i wonder how much ive save..:)