HALO... NOVA review!!

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by helmania, Dec 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eliminator

Eliminator Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2009
    How The Hell Are the Controls Bad U Can Change Where All The Icons Go On The Screen To Were u Want Them To Plus 3 Different Control Types And Its Not Just A Halo Rip Off It has factors of metriod prime, deadspace doom 3, halo and a few others but like every game thats out now has some quallity that has been in a game before just like nova and when people complain about a game Because it dosent live up to there standerds and bitch at the makers of the game y dont u try making a game of that quallity on an iphone and we will bitch at u

2. AgentOrange

AgentOrange Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2009
    fanboys are result of a co making a lot of games that are endearing to the customer. A lot of gaming co wish they have what they call their own fanboys too :)

3. sk8erdude50

sk8erdude50 Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    ya, i feel exactly the same and i played halo only like 3 times in my life cause i own a ps3

4. y0m0uth

y0m0uth Active Member

Jul 5, 2009
    then leave the damn game alone you ****ing loser!

kthxbye

5. Hmar9333

Hmar9333 Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Book Salesperson/Student
    Melbourne, Australia
    Right here.

6. Viper92107

Viper92107 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2009
    Cool story bro.

7. Diggins

Diggins Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2009
    your attic
    #47 Diggins, Dec 19, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2009
    i came too!

HALO was originally a pc game that failed epically and then bungie stepped in and ported it to the xbox, all they changed was framerate issues, upped graphics, and of course controls. HALO was not created by bungie and the original had an equally boring characters. It WAS popular however for its nice graphics, being one of few of its type on the new system, and fun multi-player (yes split-screen multi-player used to be awesome)

NOVA is now popular for great graphics, being one of few that works on this system, and its fun multiplayer mode. you are not comparing halo 1 and NOVA. You are comparing HALO 3 and NOVA. You are comparing a game that has had 7 years to evolve on full size consoles, to a brand new game on a mobile device that is 1/9th of the price.

EDIT: Also what are you talking about bad controls? same as mc and close almost same as eliminate plus you can edit them

8. Hmar9333

Hmar9333 Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Book Salesperson/Student
    Melbourne, Australia
    Let's dissect this.

Good point

The original HALO did use terrible voice-overs, and soul-less, mindless enemies that had the personality of a brain-dead potato.

Story and controls were very good though.

Although I don't see what you have against NOVA's controls though, admittedly, the story sucks, but the controls are very slick and intuitive, unless of course you are completely un-coordinated.

You do realize that NOVA was announced 2 months ago, that doesn't mean they started making it 2 months ago, it could have been in production for a year, for all we know.

The levels are nothing like Halo's level design. The graphics also have a different style in NOVA

What else do you expect a machine gun to sound like?

All you ever do in any FPS ever is run from area to area midlessly shooting at mindless enemies, all the while with someone shouting crap into your ear. A good recent example is Modern Warfare 2.
    I had no glitches at all whatsoever in my playthrough, and tilt controls, while they would have made a nice addition, arent required because they suck.

That paragraph doesn't make sense. You can aim and fire at will in NOVA, and you can shoot without first finding an enemy? WTF?
    What kind of stupid FPS would force you to find an enemy before you can shoot at it? The controls are pretty much the same as in COD:Zombies.

No it doesn't.

CONCLUSION:
    This review is much less stupid, angry and biased than your last one, but that still doesn't mean that it doesn't include some degree of stupidity.

9. Sainter

Sainter Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    You wouldn't get flamed if this was in the correct section of the forums (It is called USER REVIEWS for a reason) and you didn't say such stupid statements.

There is no way in hell that this could match up to an Xbox game, not even your beloved Real Racing could.

10. Kunning

Kunning Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2009
    Owned. Haha, nice logic there, Sainter. Oh yeah, and I'll pay you back sometime - I haven't forgotten. ;)

11. Kerrby

Kerrby Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2009
    Australia
    What the **** are you talking about?

Halo was originally an XBOX game made by Bungie, then it was LATER PORTED TO THE PC BY GEARBOX.

12. helmania

helmania Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    I'm back from the Movies and happy to report Avatar the movie is a complete success as opposed to its iphone doppelganger.

Hmar, until you learn how to read with understanding, you are forbidden to reply to any of my posts, effective IMMEDIATELY!

I'll just take this moment to address a few other brainless fanatics here.

1. I dont hate gameloft, I only have their lackluster offerings as of late.

2. No one was expecting NOVA to be like a console game, just not boring and shallow as it currently is.

3. Tilt control simulate normal dual thumb-stick controls. It parallels it in the way that it gives you the flexibility to look around and always have your right thumb dedicated to the fire (virtual) button only. Can you make a 360 turn with Touch controls without your character pausing about 3 to 4 times? No you can't. But I can easily make a 360 turn in CoD (using tilt) because I DONT HAVE TO DRAG MY F-----ING THUMB 10 F-----ING TIMES ACROSS THE SCREEN to do that. That is also why when I'm playing multiplayer in CoD, I'm always the last one to go down because I can easy turn and blast whatever Zombie that's are sneaking around me while my (touch control) team mates simply can't TURN, then AIM, then SHOOT fast enough.

4. It is my opinion that NOVA missed the target. If you like it, great. More power to you. I dont and I have the right to say what is wrong with it in a review. It is what it is. You've made your bed, now sleep!

5. The grunts in HALO (original) had the most wacky behaviors I had ever seen in a game before Halo. That's the kind of personality NOVA enemies are lacking severely.

6. Gameloft at least tries to make decents rip offs. But fanboys like you are the reason why they will never try to step up their game and make something truly marvelous. There's been so many garbage games in the apps store with 5 Star reviews I now suspect you guys here are the ones misleading the general public.

The follow are junk games that received a great majority of 5 star reviews from fanboys:

Resident Evil(Both of them are horrendous)
    Metal Gear Solid(A gallery shooter passed as MGS and morons bought it)
    Battleship
    Monopoly(Why no online play in both versions? this is a f---ing game board EA)
    Monkey Ball
    Avartar
    NOVA
    SFSS

Just to name a few!

13. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Actually, if you want to be pedantic about it, Halo was originally developed as a Mac and PC game (in fact, it was first demoed at Macworld in 1999). In 2000 Microsoft bought Bungie and cancelled the release of both computer versions in order to create a killer launch title for their first game console. Interestingly, Bungie started life as a Mac-only developer, famous for their classic FPSs Pathways into Darkness and Marathon I and II, as well as the genre-defining RTS series Myth. With that single purchase, Microsoft set back Mac gaming for half-a-decade.

14. helmania

Dec 18, 2009
    That is correct. Halo was first on original xbox then ported to PC as Halo CE. This only shows you Kerrby these guys have no clue.

15. Kerrby

Kerrby Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2009
    Australia
    Yes I read about that as well but it was never actually released so it shouldn't be counted as part of the series (even though it was an RTS that got cancelled).

16. helmania

Dec 18, 2009
    That game was actually going to be what we now know as HALO Wars, which was canceled and turned into a FPS. It wasn't the Halo that originated on the Xbox. Get your facts straight!

17. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Just came back from Avatar myself, and there I have to agree with you. As far as I'm concerned, it's this generation's Star Wars.

Back to the games: it's fine to have strong opinions, and you are certainly within your rights to dissent on the "hot title," but I think you would find your views much more respected in this forum if you didn't call those who disagree with you fanboys and morons. And again: learn how the site works. Start threads in the right places. There's a whole section for user reviews: use it.

You do have a point about touch controls, by the way, but the kind of instant-180 turn you're asking for can easily be recreated with swipe control (see Ravensword, for example). The fact is, most people have a tough time controlling a character in a 3D space using tilt.

In any event, there are other ways to engage people on this thread besides full-tilt antagonism. You can take a moment and contribute to threads for games that you do like. TOFTT and report on your findings. Say something positive (and not just in comparison to a game you hate), every once in a while and people will take your criticism much more seriously.

18. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    From Wikipedia:

Let me add, I'm a long time Mac owner, and I remember watching video of that demo. It was pretty much the same Halo that we know and love today. Halo War was a separate project that got cancelled earlier.

19. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    The savior of my hard earned dollars is back. In case anybody's not familiar with the OP, the little guy was spawned in this thread yesterday. He promised to write a real big bad review for NOVA so that we could all argue with him about it. I think so far everyone sort of let him down, with all the level headed comments about his review. But make no mistake, his word means nothing. His intent was to write a negative review for this game. He probably doesn't even own it, and even if you do, you must be complete garbage at it if you think the controls suck. In my opinion tilt sucks for FPS, but according to you that would be a fact. So, there you have it. It's a FACT that tilt sucks in FPS games. Nice try on the flame war, I'm saying my piece then staying out of it. You guys can have fun feeding this troll and his horribly skewed logic.
    As stated, he purposely wants people to argue with him in the comments. Hence, not being in the right section. But what's funny, is his original NFS thread was posted in the wrong section and I think Hodapp was just bored so moved it to the Game Discussion cause he knew everyone would start firing off at him. It was rather amusing for a bit, the little guy is so full of imagination, but the thread had far exceeded it's purpose by the time it got locked. I say lock this one too or throw it in the User Review section, or you know, just delete the damn thing.

20. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2009
    So Mr. True Reviewer you are the true illuminati of TA! Everyone should bow down to your brilliance!