iCade compatibility list/wishlist

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by laxking97, Jul 30, 2010.

1. farmboy74

farmboy74 Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2011
    Uk
    #321 farmboy74, Oct 3, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2011
    I think most peoples issues (including mine) with Arcade Jumper in portrait mode is that the actual game screen only uses a tiny portion of the ipad screen due to the arcade cabinet art on the screen. If you could make the game screen a bit bigger in portrait mode and minimse the arcade cabinet art, this hopefully would then address the issues with Arcade Jumper.

2. slamraman

slamraman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    yep, agree - either/or with landscape or just make the portrait play area bigger losing the arcade cabinet art once a button on the icade is pressed or suchlike. As long as it utilises more screen then I think we'll all be happy. Good one.

3. Brokendemo

Brokendemo Active Member

Aug 26, 2011
    I see the comment about iCade not supporting horizontal layouts a lot on reviews and stuff, I don't really get it. Obviously it is not MADE to fit an ipad horizontally, but when I am playing the game I don't even notice. It is still at a pretty good height, the screen is an awesome size. I don't really even see it as a draw back, personally. I like it when a game is vertical as it feels a little closer to a real arcade, but I don't think I like it enough that I want to play a horizontal game really small in a vertical orientation.

I think it's really cool that you guys made the game to fit into the icade the way you did and it goes really well with the theme of the game, but it would play a lot better, I think, if there was at least the option to go totally horizontal.

Overall though, it is a really fun game. Even with the small screen I am enjoying it a lot. An update would make it perfect!

4. Black Hive Media

Black Hive Media Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Thanks again for the (awesome) feedback! It really helps out!

FYI - Even though this is the iCade thread, Arcade Jumper also supports Joypad and Todd @getjoypad is giving away some Arcade Jumper promo codes on Twitter now! Get'em: http://twitter.com/#!/getjoypad

5. RayZZoo

RayZZoo Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2011
    Belgium
  6. JCat

JCat Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    CEO E-Commerce
    NY
    Nice! Thanks for the heads up!

7. slamraman

Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    Yep, the spray bullets button doesn't work on iCade but seems like a nice little frantic shooter once fixed.

8. sirrozha

sirrozha Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
  9. slamraman

Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
  10. farmboy74

Aug 26, 2011
    Uk
    #330 farmboy74, Oct 7, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2011
    There is a HD version available for iPad, but it does not mention any compatabilty with bluetooth controllers, the iPhone version mentions Bluetooth controllers but this could mean the icontrolpad. I think buyer beware with this one would be my advice.
    Update I've just emailed the developer support section for more clarification, I'll let you know what reply I get.

11. slamraman

Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    Good one.

12. slamraman

Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    Spectaculator....

....zx spectrum app appears to have iCade support now. I hope Steve at Elite can do the same. Dynamite Dan will do for now.

13. farmboy74

Aug 26, 2011
    Uk
    Don't recognise any of the games on the zx spectrum app, but I have noticed on the Elite description on the app store that they have "continued investigating Icade support".
    Now if Elite supports the Icade in the near future I'll be all over it, as I recognise the games I played when I was a kid. Unfortunatly I don't recognise any on the zx spectrum app........but then again it might be a good enough reason to download it after all and play speccy games I never played first time round.

14. slamraman

Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    Yep, I only recognised dynamite Dan and 3d star strike. For a few quid it actually works really well. A few very nice old fashioned games like kyd cadet are actually very good. Well worth a small spend for old speccy fans.

15. the loafer

the loafer Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2011
  16. slamraman

Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    #336 slamraman, Oct 9, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2011
    Proper wow....well done. Except I can't get Frogger Decades to load on my iPad. Oh well. I hope they do the original Frogger.

17. Keyeszx

Keyeszx Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2011
    Sorry if this is off topic but I was wondering if there's anything like icade that holds the ipad sideways and if the ipad has any fighting games. I play sfiv volt on my iphone but it's too small and I want a fighter on my ipad.

18. farmboy74

Aug 26, 2011
    Uk
    #338 farmboy74, Oct 10, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2011
    The Icade will hold the ipad both in portrait (horizontal) and landscape (sideways). If you look at the Icade you will notice a grooved plastic recess at the top of the joystick/button housing. Admitingly its not as secure as when playing with the ipad in portrait mode, but it does the job quite nicely. As for fighters for the ipad there's Ultimate Mortal Kombat and Bruce Lee Dragon Warrior HD.

19. slamraman

Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    A couple of games fixed or now with iCade are..

EnbornX now has the controls fixed in iCade (one of the fire buttons wasn't mapped before) and Diversion HD now has iCade support (it was just the iPhone one before).
    Good one - still waiting on that Frogger Decades though and how long is that C64 one going to take? Oh well.......

20. farmboy74

Aug 26, 2011
    Uk
    Can confirm Diversion platform runner Hd has Icade support as I got a reply to the email I sent early this morning
    "Yup, both versions are now iCade and iControlPad enabled" (Simon Edis Ezone.com support)
    Also I've also noticed Mos Speedrunner is going free, don't know how long this is going to last for though