iPhone Legendary DXP (By Upper Deck)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Aug 17, 2017.

1. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    My thoughts EXACTLY!

2. HotHamBoy

HotHamBoy Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2015
    It is the same company and they still make trading cards.

This app is busted af. I mean, I've blown $2 on worse games but I couldn't even get through a game with bots because the UI completely broke in the middle.

I have faith they will fix and polish the game sooner or later but not a good look. Going to be deleting this for now so I can get the space back because it just doesn't work.

3. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    That's depressing. Been wanting a digital version of legendary for years. I only wanted to play solo, so haven't tried it. Glad I didn't throw money at it for the solo unlock

4. HotHamBoy

HotHamBoy Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2015
    To be fair, it's not like they won't fix the game.

I feel like this was pushed out in what appears to be an Alpha state to make GenCon, which is pretty misguided. I mean, I don't know how it even passed certification in this state.

But the devs have been actively communicating and I think they are on the case.

5. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Too true. Right in the iTunes app description is a link to their Discord channel, and there the devs have been very supportive and are clearly actively working on known bugs.

6. Avaniar

Avaniar Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2016
    Well their gen con promotion ends, the price goes up, but i prefer to py more, when i know the game is working, than to pay less for a buggy version without knowing what will happen.
    As to the online solo, their website says it will be online only :( The game will have to be very very good for me to jump on board. So, for now, let's wait and see

7. falcon815

falcon815 Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2013
    Chemist
    Indianapolis
    Right there with you. I was at Gen Con and there were several tablets running Legendary DXP out on the show floor. It was clearly going to be a big part of their booth setup this year whether it was ready or not. It definitely wasn't the best digital launch at Gen Con, but I genuinely hope they get it turned around. iOS could use more deckbuilding games since we lost Dominion and we'll lose at least three others in the Appocalypse at this rate.

8. fring

fring Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 26, 2017
    USA
    Yep, I spent a couple hours playing it in the evenings this past weekend. I have no regrets about spending the 2 bucks for it, as it is actually really, really fun. But, man, it needs a lot more work. I'm also finding the solo play to be really hard. Years ago, I played 5 or 6 rounds of it at a demo event and I remember us heroes winning most of the time. I haven't even come close to defeating a villain yet, though.

Long story short, I recommend it. Even if it stays a buggy mess.

9. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
  10. skoptic

skoptic Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2015
    Same, same - happy to take the punt for 2 squids. I don’t have much idea what I’m doing (I’d far prefer an in game tutorial than vids), but if they get round to cleaning it up a bit I’ll enjoy another deckbuilder. I’d really rather the solo play wasn’t timed though, seems unnecessary. I’m going with ‘£2 cautiously semi optimistic for the future’ ;)

11. fring

fring Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 26, 2017
    USA
    They released a major update to improve playability. Which is good because it had started just kicking me out entirely. For people on the fence, now's a good time to check it out. They even switched it so that solo play is accessible without paying.

12. Danigarcia75

Danigarcia75 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2015
    The game is playable now and looks fun. But i had a problem with the unlock dlc, there is no restore option and after reinstalling the game I bought it again and looks like they charged me again. Maybe they made the unlock a consumable or something

13. Tinsel

Tinsel Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Played a few games and it seems to be working much better than before. I'd still like to see more improvements like zooming in on your cards before having to choose KOs or discards, and being able to minimize choices to see the lay of the board.

Also the bots play cards incredibly slowly, whereas Mastermind Strikes, Tactics, and Schemes happen extremely quickly. I think the speeds should be reversed in those two cases.

Also is there any way to see if you're going to make the top 200 weekly bracket? There is no place number next to my name and accrued xp.

14. Danigarcia75

Danigarcia75 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Talked with Apple and the dev and they will fix my problem. I don't know if anyone will have that problem but take care if redownloading before a restore option is added

Now with the update the game is awesome

15. DTK

DTK Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2014
    Marketing
    Berlin Germany
    Is there really only this one IAP (Unlock Full Game)?

16. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Sort of...there are additional IAPs to buy currency for the game's various cosmetic bits (golden cards, playmats, etc.), but as far as the non-cosmetic fluff, the unlock of the full game is the only REAL IAP. :D

17. falcon815

Jul 11, 2013
    Chemist
    Indianapolis
    Big update today. True solo play was added, lots of big bugs squashed. Unfortunately they've really cut back on the amount of XP available for matches other than the once-daily (or more than once if you fork over for premium currencies) 5-player matches. I've only managed to get into those matches by sitting in the lobby for 10+ minutes at a time, but maybe the player base will increase now that the game's less buggy.

18. falcon815

Jul 11, 2013
    Chemist
    Indianapolis
    #38 falcon815, Aug 31, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2017
    Yeah, wow, they've really cut down on the rewards for solo play. Matches that used to give out 25-35 EXP are now giving out 9-10 EXP; the same matches used to give out 30-35 'silver' currency and now only give out 10 if you have a really good game. Given that even the most basic of cosmetic upgrades (individual foil heroes) costs 2500 'silver' and that new playmats cost 5000, uh, that's going to take you forever unless you manage to find and do well in a daily gauntlet match. The rewards may have been a little too high at first, but I think a 66% drop is a little excessive given the relative lack of multiplayer match availability right now.

(It took me 20+ minutes of waiting in the lobby starting at 7:30 PM eastern time to get a Gauntlet match today. It took that long at a decent hour to scrape together five players?)

Edited to add: I misspoke, I forgot there were also 48 different customizable card backs for 500 silver a pop. That's still a good 6 hours of solo play per card back if you're playing quickly.

19. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Any word on when it's coming to Android and Steam?

20. falcon815

Jul 11, 2013
    Chemist
    Indianapolis
    They said "sometime in October" on Twitter a few days back. (@legendarydxp)

Color me unsurprised that the weekly rewards didn't post properly. Hope they get that working soon so those of us in the top 50 can actually use the rewards to buy the timed exclusive skins if we want.