List Of Adventure Games (Part 2)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by PointOfLight, May 5, 2011.

1. Pepper2427

Pepper2427 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    My dad got a book from me and husband got a t shirt from our son. I can't bring myself to tell them someone got an iPad. Lol

2. paul.hendricks

paul.hendricks Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    Honestly, it is not much different than when you purchased yours. I was going to buy myself one this month after waiting for a long time, and my wife saw a way for my daughter to surprise her dad with a fabulous gift. Since the money is in the same account, there is really no difference.

3. paul.hendricks

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    I'll try it tonight and let you know.

4. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    It was a very nice thought though and makes it more special that your daughter (and wife) got you something you really wanted. Only thing I will say, an iPad really spoils you when you go back to playing games on the itty bitty iPhone

5. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I still do quite a bit of gaming on both, and it really depends on what the game is. There is no question that things like HoGs are much more fun on the "big screen". However, I find that I much prefer to play games like Temple Run, especially ones that involve tilting the device, on my iPod Touch. This is doubly true when the game is portrait.

6. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    I have so many games left to play on my iPhone so I have no choice. Plus I can't see myself carrying my iPad around in my handbag. Its heavy enough with everything but the kitchen sink. I played the City of Fog on x2 on the iPad and it wasn't brilliant but passable. Playing the third awakening but this time on the iPhone. Keep thinking it would look so much better if it were bigger

7. paul.hendricks

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    I haven't had any of the crashes listed or other issues besides some navigation difficulties. One thought I had this morning, have you closed the game out of your task bar ( sorry, I don't remember what Apple calls it). Rebooting an iDevice doesn't remove it's memory state for some reason. Double-click on your home button and the find Grim Tales by swiping the bar, hold your finger on Grim Tales (like you were going to uninstall it) and click on the x. Make sure you're in the task bar and not on one of your home screens. That will force it to reload the whole program when you run it next, and with any luck, help you out.

8. paul.hendricks

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    #3448 paul.hendricks, Jun 19, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2012
    I'm with you on this!

The browser, mail, calendar and App Store are much nicer to use as well.

9. kzwen

kzwen Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    I am wondering cos BFG normally have navigation for their casual modes. Like those arrows and sparks. For Grim, I only see a twinkle and zero arrows and I am not sure if it is because there isn't any in this game or cos I selected no when the game starts asking if I need interactive help or something along those lines.

10. paul.hendricks

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    I don't think there are any. I choose to have the help and haven't had any appear.

11. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    I always chose not to have help but even then there are usually sparkles.

12. paul.hendricks

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    I was speaking about getting in and out of rooms/puzzles. I had enough problems with it that I nuked the app.

13. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    BFG do seem to be quite good at sorting out problems. A couple have just been updated so it may be worth reporting the problems to them

14. TheMoonwalls

TheMoonwalls Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2010
    It's on! :)
    The Secret of Moonwall Palace - Viva La Future Revolution by The Moonwalls

The Secret of Moonwall Palace - Viva La Future Revolution

The prophecy was right. The ancient race able to destroy the Emperor truly exists... It awaits its moonlit awakening, hi…
    $1.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    The prophecy was right. The ancient race able to destroy the Emperor truly exists... It awaits its moonlit awakening, hidden deep underneath the Emperor’s palace - in a place that officially doesn’t even exist. What secrets are kept there? How potent are the powers of the ancients?

It’s up to Martin to find out. Fighting against time, the military forces loyal to the Emperor and fanatic rebels on the other side, he must find his family before it’s too late...

See and experience the worst a totalitarian regime can produce: a death camp, a city devoid of life and the Grand Emperor’s own residence. Always remember – there are no rules anymore...

Who will have to die for this story to end?
    Who will sacrifice his life, who will be murdered?
    Who will become a traitor, and who will be betrayed?

There is no black and white anymore...

• The Secret of Moonwall Palace was featured in the New & Noteworthy, What’s Hot, What We’re Playing, and Episodic Games sections of the App Store! •

• The Secret of Moonwall Palace - Murder on the Mumbai Express was a second best game in TouchArcade Game of the Week contest! •

• "All the elements of a fine game are there, including a nice cast of characters, a decent enough storyline, and wonderful hand-drawn graphics." - 148apps.com •

• "Fans of point and click adventure games, particularly those that enjoy the Myst series, will definitely get some fun out of the game." - 148apps.com •

• "Great thematic score; original setting; intriguing plot twist." - Adventure Gamers •

• "I must admit the characters themselves are quite distinct and not easily placed in common archetypes" - TouchMyApps.com •

• "I would like to note something about the graphics – they’re excellent." - TouchMyApps.com •

• "The developers have put in an original backstory, great hand-drawn graphics and reasonable writing." - TouchMyApps.com •

Game features:
    • Beautiful, hand drawn visuals.
    • An amazing story set in a troubled urban-fantasy world, shattered by magic, horror and intrigue.
    • Multiple secondary characters, ready to help you... or to stand in your way.
    • Breathtaking soundtrack created by experienced professional composers.
    • Hours of captivating gameplay.
    • More than 100 backgrounds and locations.
    • Dozens of objects to pick up and interact with.
    • Hundreds of dialogue lines, descriptions and documents.
    • Real-time gameplay experience in 24 hours mode.
    • Partially non-linear gameplay.
    • Advanced hint system.
    • Hotspot display system.
    • Twitter integration.

Experience the finale of one of the best reviewed and most awarded adventure games available in App Store!

*** Become a fan on Facebook: TheMoonwalls ***

*** For anybody hopelessly stuck with the game, please write to us, using contact form at our website: themoonwalls.com ***
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Adventure, Role Playing
    Release:Jun 19, 2012
    Updated:Nov 30, -0001
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (2)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

15. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Awesome! Can't wait to check it out!

16. kzwen

kzwen Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Yeah I have the same problem too. I am gonna try it out again but I think I will probably end up setting it aside.

17. mrsleny

mrsleny Well-Known Member

May 30, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    Yes I have done all that. BFG responded quite quickly and they advised the same as well as rebooting and also updating the iOS. Sigh. Think I will just have to delete and reinstall :(

I had the same problem with 13th Skull. The update did not fix the glitch.

Re casual mode. I decided to play in advanced mode. Boy did I ever have to hit that hint button a lot. Hope you are all enjoying Grim Tales as much as I did.

18. paul.hendricks

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    I hope an iCloud backup will at least save your game ( not sure on this...)

19. paul.hendricks

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    #3459 paul.hendricks, Jun 20, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2012
    New game out tomorrow (supposedly) that looks fantastic-great art and animation. It reminds me of the old LucasArts games again!

The Act by Chillingo - link to Chillingo.com

Letters From Nowhere 2 by G5e tomorrow as well. Link to G5e.com iPad version.

20. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Don't think it does. It only saves gameplay when it states that it supports iCloud saves. Not many games do this yet