Mass "What Should I Get?" Thread (2012 - 2017)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Zincous, Dec 25, 2011.

?

What device to get?

Poll closed May 30, 2013.
  1. iPod Touch

2 vote(s)
    15.4%
  2. iPad

7 vote(s)
    53.8%
  3. iPad Mini

4 vote(s)
    30.8%
  1. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    #4721 undeadcow, Sep 9, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2013
    Hunted Cow Studios has some good turn based strategy games in this timeframe in their Tank Battle series (Tank Battle: 1944, Tank Battle: North America). Also Assault Commander Ultimate is good.

It's getting into sci-fi/horror elements but Call of Cthulhu: The Wasted Land has a rich WW1 era atmosphere.

I'll be curious to see what you decide on.

2. genesis_pig

genesis_pig Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2012
    Cardinal Quest or Gurk III?

3. hourglass

hourglass Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2013

Try out Land Air Sea Warfare. It's an RTS. It seems a little futuristic, but it's great.

4. TomekSzymek

TomekSzymek Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    I'm looking for a good, addicting racing game.

I've just got annoyed with RR3 and got bored with a8. Any suggestions?

5. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    I recommend Gurk III over Cardinal Quest personally. Cardinal Quest is more casual with shorter duration roguelike play and Gurk III is a larger world exploration traditional RPG.

6. genesis_pig

genesis_pig Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2012
    Thanks.

7. Colin mcrae, and nfs most wanted

Space like

Repulze

Cartoony

Tabletop racing

8. DarkLo

DarkLo Member

Sep 10, 2013
    I know this is a broad question, but hopefully you guys can help out. I'm a long term lurker but I've taken a break from iOS gaming for about a year in a half aside from the occational PvZ and a couple other staples.

I game mostly on consoles/3DS but I'm looking to add some iOS gaming back into my life. What are some must have iOS games I should look into? I'm mostly into RPG's, strategy games, some tower defense. I don't really care for IAP necessary f2p games, but I'll consider some f2p games if their pay models aren't awful. I enjoyed Zenonia 1-2, PvZ, Bejeweled, and some of Gameloft's earlier releases like Dungeon Hunter 2 before I took my break.

Anyways just a few must have, must download titles is all I'm asking for and I'm sure over time on the site I'll start to pick up on more of what I missed out on. Thanks!

9. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    There are lots of cool RPG games in the AppStore. My favorites are Drakerider, Chaos Rings 2 (and then Omega and 1) and TWEWY. Then you also have Cthulhu Saves The World and Mage Gauntlet.

10. SnowClone

SnowClone New Member

Jul 10, 2013
    So I have always want to get into a iOS trading card never have so waht are your guys recommendations for IOS TCGs I would prefer if its free to play that everything is possible to get in the game it's just very hard to and if it costs money I would prefer under 5$

11. Presty6

Presty6 Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2013
    I love FASTAR (fight angry squares the action rpg) and am Iooking for a game similar to it, with lots of modes, fast paced arcade action and plenty of content to keep me interested. Maybe something like Knightmare tower? Price doesn't matter. I am willing to pay anything it takes. ANY suggestions are welcome.

12. _Max_

_Max_ Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2012
    I need some suggestion about a game which like Grand Prix Story from Kairosoft and Motor World: Car Factory, or something like managing a racing team.

13. Enriana

Enriana Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2011
    East Coast, US
    Is Small World worth it if I only intend to play it solo? I love the real game but don't have people I'd want to play the iPad version with at hand. :)

14. Zeldaniac

Zeldaniac Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2012
    Junk Jack X is the exact game you are looking for. It can be simple or incredibly deep depending on how you play, makes time fly, is in landscape, and is amazing in general. Hard to play with one hand, but other than that it fits the qualifications perfectly.

15. _Max_

_Max_ Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2012
    Any suggestion?

16. SamF1sh

SamF1sh Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    New Zealand
    I need a game like game dev story but for iPad.

17. Sambo110

Sambo110 Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2008
    Australia
    Hey, I was wondering if there were any games similar to Dungeon Raid? I quite enjoy it, but I know it's old now, so is there any games that do it better? Thanks!

18. polarsolstice

polarsolstice Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2010
    Game with good Career Mode

Hi guys, finally posting here again after a long time!

So I'm looking for something with a good career mode.

Of course you guys know what career modes are. It's not the usual "upgrade to get further in the next try" like in those "throw this thing / make it fly as far away as you can" games.

I need something with actual career stuff, with wide range of customization and a nice and thoughtful upgrade systems that is not just trying to upgrade every stats to its maximum (not like endless running games upgrade system) and a good progression/story for the career.

19. Infinity project 2 one of my favorite games on iOS It is a openworld fps with a really good story, rpg eliments and has two different endings...

20. TheProxy

TheProxy Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2009
    Chandler, AZ
    I have 1 dollar.

Recommend me the best game for a dollar, any genre. Only criteria is as lengthy as possible, not just pointless highscore (it can be score based game if there are objectives).