Ossian Studios - The Shadow Sun Announced

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by simulated, Sep 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anteye5

anteye5 Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    23...hours sheesh that's a long time for a playthrough. So in my opinion the graphics of those photos is pretty darn good. I am very hopeful that this game will come out soon I hope that it succeeds good luck.

2. Entire game or main quest ?

3. Luke Scull

Luke Scull Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2011
    Game Designer & Author
    Warminster, UK
    #563 Luke Scull, Jun 29, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2013
    That's a pretty thorough play-through, I believe. Though bear in mind that there's very little grinding in the game (e.g., hours spent collecting goblin ears). Those 23 hours pack in dozens of locations, characters, and quests, and a whole lot of story development.

4. Luke Scull

Jun 9, 2011
    Game Designer & Author
    Warminster, UK
    #564 Luke Scull, Jun 29, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2013
    Thanks! I think the game looks much better than the latest batch of screenshots seem to indicate, particularly when you see it in action. We'll hopefully have some videos to share soon.

5. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    23 hours is a lot, which is good news. The graphics look amazing to me, I don't know why some are complaining.

Can you already tell us what the device requirement is going to be?

6. Luke Scull

Jun 9, 2011
    Game Designer & Author
    Warminster, UK
    iPhone (3GS and up), iPod touch (3rd gen and up), and iPad (1st gen and up), with Retina display support. Graphics will scale with device.

7. Sheinfell

Sheinfell Well-Known Member

May 14, 2012
    Europe, CET timezone
    23 hours playthrough with little to no grindfests sounds excellent.
    As long as I can play in small chunks of ~15 minutes, I wouldn't worry about that.

And it still leaves room for growth, e.g. for additional dialogue, or sidequests.

8. Okay nice now can I play it in first person or third person only?

9. macatron

macatron Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    +1 to this! ^^

10. Luke Scull

Jun 9, 2011
    Game Designer & Author
    Warminster, UK
    Third-person only.

11. macatron

macatron Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    I do tend to prefer a first person perspective, personally, but I'm still looking forward to this nonetheless! :D

12. Agreed

13. abh037

abh037 Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2012
    3rd person is my favorite; enemies cant sneak up in you ;)

By the way, how big is the world you play in in comparison to Ravensword: Shadowlands?

14. Alan Miranda

Alan Miranda Well-Known Member

Hi abh037,

There are over 70 areas in the game that you can explore. And just to clarify, this isn’t an open world game like Skyrim - it’s like Dragon Age with large discreet areas that you travel between.

And no, enemies can’t sneak up on you in 3rd person. Your character, however, can sneak up on them and backstab them... or pickpocket them if that’s your thing. ;)
    - Alan

15. abh037

abh037 Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2012
    Wow, i can already tell that this game is going to keep me occupied for awhile... I love that tou made the game compatible with so many versions of apple devices. It allows people who dont always have the newest phone to play without any worries. Most newer games are made gor newer devices. Its nice to see some people who took the initiative to make the game to be compatible with so many phanes! :)

16. coderkid

coderkid Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2010
    Agreed! I'm quite excited.

17. averythegreat

averythegreat Member

Mar 19, 2013
    Although there won't be much farming, can I still just go out to kill monsters for fun over and over?

18. Alan Miranda

We’ve done our best to keep the compatibility with older devices. It’s not been easy given their much smaller memory size and less powerful CPU, but we’ve optimized as much as possible. Here’s to hoping there’s more than just you who will appreciate that. :)

19. Alan Miranda

It’s not an open world game like Skyrim, where creatures randomly respawn. Instead, our approach has been to custom tailor each area and its encounters based on where you’re at in the story and what your level is. Personally, I’ve never been a fan of clearing out the monsters from an area, only to have to kill them all over again when I backtrack through the same area. But I wouldn’t be worried if monster hunting is your thing – there’s LOTS to fight in The Shadow Sun. And there’s even some special monster bounty quests...

20. Jakeopp

Jakeopp Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2012
    What's the price going to be?