Universal Ravensword: Shadowlands - (by Crescent Moon Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Dec 19, 2012.

1. jipiyilu

jipiyilu Active Member

Dec 22, 2011
    WOW, the ultimate armor!:eek::D

Attached Files:

2. Swiffer

Swiffer Member

Dec 21, 2012
    First off, I want to say how awesome this game is. Yeah it's buggy, but every piece of software is. I'm sure you guys will handle it in upcoming patches.

This game looks huge and a whole lot of fun. I'm spending some time on side quests and exploring.

I still haven't figured out the tracking thing. Sometimes I can see a tiny little cursor outside the entrance to an area -- is that all that tracking does? It tells you generally what direction to go in, as long as you're close to an exit that you're supposed to head in?

---

I'm searching for Sir Robert's Journal. I found a Cave in the West bear country area (not the Grim Lands) and inside was an Elder Bear. I killed it and found a chest with some gold, a gem, and a sweet pendant... but, no journal. I left the cave and checking the tracking, and there's still a cursor at the entrance to this cave, so it seems to be telling me that the journal is in there somewhere... but it's not... all there is is an empty chest.

Am I reading the tracking wrong, and looking in the wrong place?

3. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    Ok guys, it looks like the update that I submitted before the game was released is in review now. Its not the bugfix update that we are currently working on - with all of the things you've found and the control fixes, etc.
    You can ignore it, if you want, its basically minor graphical fixes.

4. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Whoa, so we might see the update today or tomorrow? I'm confused...

Minor graphical fixes...you mean realtime shadows for iPad 4? :D

5. visionwebs

visionwebs Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    I managed to finish the game,
    That jumping ring is fun haha!

Final boss was easy though, swatted it with ravensword in seconds with a pure strength build.

Slash slash, defend run, slash slash, win. :p

But still a good fight even if it was short!! :D

6. iVaro

iVaro Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    same, I hope to see an expansion soon!

7. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011

Finish the game?..... you must not have a job or a family :eek:

8. Edmilan

Edmilan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    So how long is the main campaign? Around how many hours estimate?

9. nschneider350

nschneider350 Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2010
    I want to first say I like the game, I do. But man there are so many problems... why can't I walk up the majority of the steps with getting caught and having to strafe or jump? The controls obviously were already touched on, I find the combat to be really bad as far as responsiveness of the button presses and you get 2 guys on you when trying to melee you might as well forget about it. It turns in to you trying to get hits in but just getting overwhelmed. It's possible I just suck or the area I am in is too high for me, I don't know. I was able to eventually beat it (the thieves hideout) but I had to save after every fight. But half of the time when I am pressing the button I feel like its not even doing anything, and the animations seemed delayed or something. The AI is really bad, I mean they will walk in to walls and just do stupid stuff, it really takes you out of the game, it has also crashed multiple times. On a good note the graphics and the music are top notch.

I still think it's worth it, more so once an update comes out but you still have to give it to the developers for attempting a game of this scope. I just feel like it should have been tested more.

10. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    How many hours of gameplay total? did you complete all sidequests you found or just rush to the end?

11. Justinq21

Justinq21 Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Not sure if this got answered already, but are there any plans for an expansion?

It would be really nice to have more quest lines and more areas to explore (a new island or 2). It kind sucks to see that people have beet the game already. I was hoping the main story line would be longer, at least 25 hours.

12. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Exactly, we need to help support developers who even attempt to make a game like this or else we might not have any. I just want to say I really appreciate Josh and co for making games of this magnitude period.

13. My friend Ryan speed rushed the main quest he said it took him about 32 hours, me, well I cranked up the difficulty all the way, I'm not even 1/4 of the way done, but that may be because the difficulty and the fact that I like to meander. I've maxed out stealth critical, every shot I get while hiding is 200% damage still can't one shot a bear...

14. visionwebs

Jan 24, 2012
    #734 visionwebs, Dec 21, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2012
    I completed every side quest I could find, including the archery contest and thief chase (yeah, they ARE possible with perseverance)

I'm sitting on a 454 minutes save game ATM.

No I did not rush it, I grinned on a few areas for fun too.

Difficulty slider just over half way.

Put points all into strength lmao, bows and guns still do MORE than enough damage with no points spent on them... Though I WOULD like a second save slot to make a pure ranged build to see just how much damage they are capable of.

I have 278 total strength haha
    Reputation legendary

But to be honest having said I spent all points in strength, I actually didnt put any points in anything until about half way through the game, just get the best gear and it carries you.

Level 27 at the moment

I'd love to know if there are any secret mounts though, like in aralon :D

15. This game is so freekin addictive, it was worth that 34 bucks I spent on Ryan's old 4s, much cheeper than buyin a new one thank god he got an iPhone 5 my head wold have exploded if I couldn't play this...

16. devx

devx Member

Aug 12, 2009
    There should be some blocks in the water that you can move with the rune of winds. If you don't see any blocks, try exiting the temple and coming back in.

17. U must have missed some josh said 40 + hours... Or been playing on easy, I don't want to play this like I originally played oblivion, beat the main quest to soon and felt like there was nothin more to do...

18. visionwebs

Jan 24, 2012
    I was not playing on easy, I explored every building too...
    Even completing quests people can't get past because of bugs >.<

19. Wow, I must say, I'm impressed, how easy is it on normal because it's kickin me in the ball on the hardest, and also how many quests did u find? I tip my hat to ur suppirior rpging my good sir...

20. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    As I stated earlier, when we added fast travel, that made the game quite a bit shorter. Another thing, if you die, it does not record the time spent. So the game time in minutes is really very inaccurate of how long you've actually been playing. That was only added as a differentiater for game saves.

On the testing, we had about 3 weeks to test the game, and the majority of the issues that you guys are experiencing now, like the North Aven bug or the huge armor, did not come up during testing, otherwise we would have fixed it before release. There is a big difference when you release the game to thousands of people (especially when its a big open world game) vs. our small team of trusted testers. One of the main goals during testing was making sure noone leaked the beta out to pirate sites - so we had to make sure we had a small team of people that we really trusted.