Universal Ravensword: Shadowlands - (by Crescent Moon Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Dec 19, 2012.

1. Airelius

Airelius New Member

Dec 22, 2012
    Mounts

As far as I can tell, there are four mounts in the game, the Pterosaur, the Falcon, and the two horses. Has anyone found any other mounts?

2. SamF1sh

SamF1sh Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    New Zealand
    Finally, I have finished the main quest. Great fun! I bought the large home and have some questions,
    Is there a bigger house available?
    How do I place stiff in my home?
    Where can I get the falcon mount?
    Any chance of added quests later in updates?
    Thanks for making an awesome game.

3. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    To place furniture, just drop it on the floor, tap on it and hold then you can start moving it around. The big home in North Aven is the biggest one we have so far. Maybe we'll make a castle or tower you can buy :p but it couldn't be cheap.

Falcon mount is found after doing the quest of the guy in the cabin in the Terraces. You'll need to solve the riddle of the Lady of the Falls.
    Its a 3 part quest, I believe.

Yes we'll add more, don't worry.

4. SamF1sh

May 10, 2012
    New Zealand
    Thank you for answering. :)

5. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Hey Josh I just noticed that when I have some enhanced armor or weapons with say a strength gem in them and I level up and place a point in strength it gives me the amount of my gems I have equipped on armor plus my point I put in. Like my strength is way high, is there any way to fix this? I dont like being so strong the non legit way.

6. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    I'd love to see a few expansions in the coming months, and would be more than willing to pay $5-$7 for each of them. I know they're a decent ways down the road, but a few ideas to just consider:
    -dual wielding
    -more loot + items/spells - one need rune would be a lightning one that deals reduced damage to grouped enemies
    -more quests and monsters
    -more areas, I haven't finished the current build yet but I think a really cool idea would be to have a big, hostile castle that's a big pain in the butt to conquer, but once you do you get to keep the castle as a house! Just make it extremely difficult so that we can grind and have something to do at the endgame when we're pretty much all powerful. Complete with archers at the parapets and maybe a few traps in the keep.
    -another area could be a dark elves area, again being extremely difficult.
    -henchmen/pets.
    -maybe a sort of crafting system like Aralon where we can make potions?
    -I like the weapons enhancement a lot, maybe deepen that a bit? Take it to the blacksmith shop and through a minigame and lots of $ increase the attack speed, speed of blocking, maybe special magical properties?

Just some suggestions :)

7. SamF1sh

May 10, 2012
    New Zealand
    What do I do with the golden scroll that man gave me?

8. You r talking bout aralon 2, his game is more like Zelda, aralon is a mor traditional rpg, also, sounds like u like a challenge, will u join me in the cranking up of the difficulty slider? Like ur ideas on expansions, they could do like the quest did, and release 15 or so expansions, with new areas and monsters and looks in each pack... I'd deff be willing to fork over the cash

9. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    #869 JBRUU, Dec 22, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2012
    Aralon is more about about stats and crafting and far less combat based...I don't think any of my suggestions were making this to similar to Aralon. Mostly combat tweaks and additions with more areas and enemies.

I don't think 15 expansions are in the works, maybe two or three at most depending on how big the user base gets.

10. devx

devx Member

Aug 12, 2009
    This had been fixed and will be in the update after the App Store lockdown.

11. Shadowking2214

Shadowking2214 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2012
    None
    Should I get this now or wait til the bug is fixed?

12. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Will the shadow bug on iPad 4 be fixed in the next update after the lockdown, too?

If you're dying for an excellent RPG, get it and deal with some control issues and a few quest bugs+map holes. Perfectly playable but not ideal, though judging by how active CM is in this thread I'd say the issues will probably be fixed pronto. Get it!

13. SamF1sh

May 10, 2012
    New Zealand
    I haven't got the achievements for leveling up my reputation, is there anyway to fix?

14. SamF1sh

May 10, 2012
    New Zealand
    Also, what is the best stuff in the game, is there anything better then the ravensword and elven armour?

15. Yes I know 15 expansions arnt in the works, I was just giving an example because the quest by red shift and chillingo does actually have 15 expansion packs, all of which add 10 or more hours of gameplay to it, plus new areas... And I thought the indepth things like crafting were more aralon idk, both r excellent games, and the best part is no one hast to fight over which one is better, because there made by the same people, josh u guys make the best RPGs, also I do have a question, I to use unity, but for pc games what if you just set the build settings to basic graphics, it looks like you r running good to fantastic in the render settings, If you run it on basic wouldn't that decrease the memory so it could run on older devices? Idk, kinda new to unity...

16. Scope_Reflex

Scope_Reflex Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2012
    #876 Scope_Reflex, Dec 22, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2012
    On the App Store comments for this game, it has been said that optimizations for the devices that can't run the game are coming, Which I'm not sure on because it says and I quote " iPod 4, 3GS and iPad 1 not currently supported at this time" will a optimization be coming because people who bought it on those devices seem to have a false hope that it will be coming.

17. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    The very strong impression I got from the upcoming thread was that is totally impossible for 256mb devices to run the game, it just uses to much RAM.

Just wish Apple would let them exclude those devices from the requirements to avoid the 1-star reviews :rolleyes:

18. MaverickMacGuyver

Dec 21, 2012
    Go to inventory, select it and read it. Then head towards the nearest waterfall.

19. SamF1sh

May 10, 2012
    New Zealand
    Thanks for the help. :)
    Now, houses! I think that the housing system is not very good, for one thing, it doesn't even say it's yours, and it's hard to move stuff around, not only this but they don't do much. I think that the furniture system should be similar to the sims where you place furniture. It is also good that we are getting new homes. Next, why isn't there a day and night cycle? That would add an importance on beds and homes so that you could skip the night.

20. Rhokk

Rhokk Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2009
    few questions...

Fantastic game!

-Are chests in this game static? Meaning they will always be the same each game?

-Anywhere that you can buy gems at? I keep socketing gems and then I find/buy better gear. I know you can destroy and then replace gems already placed but I want to salvage these get more.

-Are the best items that you can actually buy in North Aven?

-Anyone find any bows better than in North Aven?