Universal Ravensword: Shadowlands - (by Crescent Moon Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Dec 19, 2012.

1. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    He had me at Star Wars... And Dune... and Fallout.

2. So any idea when the update will come or what will be in it keep developing mass fallouteffect wars but I would also like new quests for ravensword... Damn Im needy arnt I? Lol

3. Rothgarr

Rothgarr Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2010
    I'm not holding my breath for new content, to be honest. Between working on that new game and working on an Android version of Shadowlands I don't see how they have time to work on adding content. I loved Shadowlands but I think it's time I delete it to make room for some new games...

4. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    awww. I know - we'll get to it!

5. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    I hope this game did/is doing well in the sales department. Especially seeing as the devs were brave enough to include zero IAP.

I cringe imagining the piracy rate :rolleyes:

6. fifthmoon

fifthmoon Member

Aug 8, 2012
    Hi guys what's the difference between bow and Xbow asides from damage. Can't decide what to train

7. Crossbows fire Faster and r more powerful but have limited range... Bows on the other hand are weeker and slower but have the range to make up for it...

8. Charlielol69

Charlielol69 Member

Jul 28, 2012
    I was wondering if anyone has the giltch where that robber in North Aven disappears. This is my last mission in the game and it's really annoying. Is he in hiding or something

9. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    yep, I have it too

10. Rothgarr

Dec 19, 2010
    For me, after he jumped out the window and across the rope and across the roofs of the buildings, I eventually caught up to him and when I started fighting him he fell off the roof. I had a hard time finding him but he was on the ground and eventually started attacking me.

11. If u leave the quest he dissapered permanently no mater of u abandon the quest and pick it up again... There's no way to get him back... Sorry but ur out of luck...

12. Charlielol69

Charlielol69 Member

Jul 28, 2012
    Well this really sucks. I'll just delete the game for space now.

13. Rein37

Rein37 Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2010
    So I think I may be done with this game, and it was the Citadel of Ror-Dan that's done it for me. It took me over an hour just to make it to the end (at least I think it was the end) and by the time I did make it my character was so "exhausted" that just a couple of skeleton warriors managed to kill me in a matter of seconds.

The first problem was trying to get through that acid-pool room, the one where you have move the blocks to get to the other end. The mechanics of the wind power don't really seem to make any sense. How exactly do I control it? Am I pulling the blocks toward me or pushing them away from me? It was pretty much just trial and error and I'm still not sure how I did it.

Then there was the room where I had to move that block over to other end of the room to place it on the floor-plate to open the door. It took me damn near 20 minutes just to it get over there. By the time I had finally made it to that room, my character was so exhausted that he wasn't regenerating. I went through 5 vials of energy potion just to get the block to where I needed it to go.

And then when I finally made it what I'm assuming was the end of the level, I was killed so quickly it wasn't even funny. And since I forgot to save after I made it through the acid-pool room, I was faced with the prospect of doing it all over again.

So...the "hunger" aspect of the game needs to either be eliminated or radically changed. It was annoying but tolerable for most of the game, but this level just highlighted all of the problems with it. I entered the citadel with at least 5 pieces of food, and by the end I was "starving" and exhausted to to point where I couldn't do anything. Like I said, my character was killed by just a couple of skeletons. And my character is level 28 with the best weapons and armor available at the moment. So my options now are either leave the citadel, go back to Aven and stock up on food and then go back to the citadel and try again, or just try and soldier through and hope I get lucky and manage to survive. Neither option is appealing.

And the way the wind-power works needs to actually make some kind of sense. It just seems kind of random. I was never able to repeat my actions. Doing the same thing twice never yielded the same results.

So yeah...I'm done for the moment, which is a shame. I really liked the first one and loved Aralon so much that I've played through it 3 times. Shadowlands has been a huge disappointment for me and the Ror-Dan Citadel just killed it for me.

14. Rothgarr

Dec 19, 2010
    That's a bummer, Rein37.

I thought the citadel was a pain, too, but once I figured out how to move blocks it was a since (still very time-consuming, though). It's been a while but as I recall one virtual thumbstick moves the block left/right while the other moved it towards/away from you. In the acid room I just kept saving after I'd jump onto another block so that I wouldn't have to keep starting over.

15. Pony

Pony Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    The Netherlands
    Hope there is still an update or expansion in the works for this game.
    It has been rather quiet on the update side.

16. Sambobsung

Sambobsung Well-Known Member

May 19, 2012
    Male
    Canada
    Is this better than Aralon?

17. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011

I love Aralon, if it had iPhone 5 support I would play that over this probably...

18. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    It's different. One is an RPG with turn based combat, the other is a full out action game with RPG elements and an open world (which seems too lifeless:()

Been playing Order & Chaos a lot lately, and that, in my opinion, is the best RPG for iOS. The sheer amount of depth, content and size of the world and number of quests and loot and dungeons is just amazing. The fact that it's an MMO is makes it that much more fun.

So if you're looking for a full out RPG with crafting, thousands of loot items, thousands of skills, (literally) and massive world with decent writing go with O&C.

If you want an action RPG that's light on depth but still a lot of fun, not to mention very pretty, go with Ravensword.

19. No offense but I hate mmos... And also aralon is not turnbased, it's action based almost timer based... Like kotor... Turnbased would indicate you have to wate for the enemy to attack and you don't... I'm making a fpsrpg like mass effect there's a trailer going up on YouTube search c.0.ntact with a zero or just contact or ZDkazz... Should be up in he next hour.. It's gona be for ios and comp...

20. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Really? That's a shame you're missing out on a great game.

Aralon's combat is essentially turn based. You attack, the mon attacks, you cast a spell, he heals, etc.