Surreal System Unreal Engine Game

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Surrealness, Dec 9, 2012.

1. Surrealness

Surrealness Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Game Designer, Animator
    Yes:) The shadows are a tad rougher and the textures are slightly reduced but you are essentially looking at Ipad gameplay quality.

2. Surrealness

Jul 1, 2011
    Game Designer, Animator
    We have a gameplay programmer working in the core functions now so we will have the new combat system footage up soon!:)

3. Surrealness

Jul 1, 2011
    Game Designer, Animator
    Level design and immersion are extremely vital to Surreal System so we are putting alot of work into that aspect.

4. k1lljoy_89

k1lljoy_89 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    This looks neat

5. AlexsIpad

AlexsIpad Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2012
    London, England
    This game has made it onto my most anticipated game of the year list

6. Damn if this game dosent look sweat... Looks like you are putting a lot of time into it I will be watching this thread you have my subscription...

7. Conman123321

Conman123321 Member

Mar 29, 2013
    What will the I pod touch 5 version look like.
    Love the game great ideals and ideas

8. Surrealness

Jul 1, 2011
    Game Designer, Animator
    Thank you everyone for your comments! It really pushes us to develop faster and release more!

We will have more iphone video, etc. towards the end of the pc development cycle.

9. #109 Zdgames, Apr 12, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2013
    Hey one quick question... How do you manage to not get any nay Sayers here on your page yet? Don't get me wrong I'm glad they post on my page it allows me to explain things and tell the ta community what we are doing and they all seem like nice guys but your game looks a crapton better than mine and yet no one has questioned the drawl call or the ram usage... Mabey I'm doing something wrong when it comes to develoupment videos or posts? Any imput would be welcome... One develoupers to another...
    http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=184097&page=10

Pm me if you have any suggestions...

10. Surrealness

Jul 1, 2011
    Game Designer, Animator
    Professionalism is everything my friend. Having proper spelling and talking in dev videos, for example, can benefit you immensly. As well as having a team rather than one person.

Surreal System is being developed by an 8 member team and we have been working on the game for about a year and a half now. It takes time to put together everything and I would suggest working on gameplay before graphics.

Now as to why people don't question the graphics of Surreal System: this is mostly due to the fact that we use Unreal Engine rather than Unity. Unreal is a graphical powerhorse that can present graphics like the ones we are producing on ios whereas Unity is sometimes more limited when presented to smaller teams.

I will pm you later with some suggestions of how to present your game in a more proffesional way.

Hopefully your game is succesful and your journey just as memorable!:)

11. We are also an 8 person team and we are doused mostly on story... Gameplay was the next aspect we tackled... The latest vid I posted was focused on world design... So you think I should start to show more on the gameplay aspect? Deff can do that... It is a tad bit difficult to push out new videos as I have to constantly deffend my position and the position of the team... Thx for the input... Good luck wih your game...

12. Surrealness

Jul 1, 2011
    Game Designer, Animator
    Dont defend your team, it can sound childish at times. The player should always have a say. If you show more gameplay and focus less on level design now as well as listen and take constructive input from the community here then you will find a world of difference:)

13. Thx for the reply... Will do...

14. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Are you going to release on steam?

15. ThreeCubes

ThreeCubes Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Hi, sorry have been butting in all over the place but i thought it might help if i said why i actually started to be a bit of a nay sayer. Firstly i like your ambition and goals thats why i wanted to "help".

When I look at the surreal systems guys work i can see that they have spent time building there own assets and they are not doing anything graphically or making any claims that ring those developer alarm bells. Not every surface is bump mapped and great care to use lighting and shadows.

in reality the worlds you have been showing have a lot more detail and ten times the polycount. the art of making a computer games is to make a world thats very simple look complex. The majority of the surreal system lights are all baked and they have place real lights sparingly its just that you carnt tell.

its nothing you could not do in unity i don't see "the unreal engine" as anything better its what you do with it that counts.

The Surreal system guys have done a great job so far but there game is nowhere near the level of depth and length as yours and is far less ambitious.

I will stop nagging you now ;)

16. Don't get me wrong I like our discussions and enjoy the questions you pose I was just curious as to why he wasnt getting those comments if I didn't want them I wouldn't have posted lol so keep it up...

17. so, back to your game lol... the possesion system you talked about allows you to access turrets correct? does that leave you vulnerable to attack while you are out of your body?
    also when talking about level design is this going to a little open like in bioshock (i know ur not coping and pasting bioshock but i cant help to compare it to it...)
    also do you have any part of the story planed out? is this going to be in an alternate era like in infinite where it was post civil war and was recognizable but alien or is this going to be on its own timeline?

18. Surrealness

Jul 1, 2011
    Game Designer, Animator
    No out of body movement, its a simple look and posses, however it cost health so the player must make that choice. And we have a fully fleshed out storyline with an ending you will not forget.

The levels are a mix of open-ended gameplay and tight, intense spaces.

19. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Now there's something only a few games have for the iOS gamer.

20. Surrealness

Jul 1, 2011
    Game Designer, Animator
    Yes, we noticed there was an astonishing lack of story-driven first person games and we decided to change that!