WOTA - Wolves of the Atlantic

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by VIC20, Mar 7, 2010.

1. VIC20

VIC20 Well-Known Member

Apr 1, 2009
    Yes that might be a good idea. But you can speed up repairs anyway by walking into the damaged section - this way you set the priority for repairs and this is one of the reasons why there is a 3D interior of the sub.

2. Emme

Emme Active Member

Apr 27, 2009
    Awesome, I hope itll be as good as Silent Service 2 :D which I played to death on my Amiga :D

3. ipodrocks123

ipodrocks123 Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2009
    VIC20: I have been wondering alot about this game...like how will the combat be, will there be a type of lock on system?

I was also wondering if you will come out with a video of some combat soon?

4. VIC20

VIC20 Well-Known Member

Apr 1, 2009
    What do you mean with lock on system? UZO? Or do you mean a Zaunkönig Torpedo? Or a kind of easy mode??

I have planned some kind of preview for the combat but it will still take a while. I'm just busy with other parts.

5. Garbagemaster

Garbagemaster Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Hi Mark:)
    You haven't posted in awhile. How's WOTA coming along?

6. VIC20

VIC20 Well-Known Member

Apr 1, 2009
    currently finishing another small game (hope will sell a bit to help me developing wota) - I will possibly improve water (made experiments with real waves) and do first iPad tests soon. Also it looks like I have an extremely good 3D modeller who joins the project.

7. ipodrocks123

Jul 19, 2009
    Hey VIC20 I was wondering what this other app you are making is?

And do you think this game will be out around late spring early summer?

Also will you be posting a new video in the next few weeks?

Thanks

8. VIC20

VIC20 Well-Known Member

Apr 1, 2009
    It's this one: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=53583
    It will hopefully help me to pay my bills during the WOTA development. It's already #1 Dice App in Italy and was up to #68 in games there. Just the most important market (USA) seems to ignore it at the moment, but it's time might come this week.

WOTA still needs a lot of time, I prefer to make it great instead of rushing to a release. :)

Good thing is that I'm working on WOTA with a 3D designer from the ukraine now. This will speed up things.

9. eXistenT

eXistenT Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2009
    Germany
    i hope will come this summer...i cant wait

der beste u-boat simulation .

Silent hunter ewwwww , gaul kann den job besser machen als er 1

10. VIC20

VIC20 Well-Known Member

Apr 1, 2009
    Hard to finish till summer! Sorry. Still to much work needs to be done to make it the great game you really want.

Better later and great than early and full of bugs with a bad gameplay, right? :D

11. Garbagemaster

Feb 6, 2010
    Hi Mark:)
    Got the promo code for Newton's Dice a few days ago. Thanks! I've been enjoying it. Left a 5 star review in the app store.
    To chime in on your last post... By all means, take your time and do WOTA right! Better to wait on a great sim than rush a mess into the app store and kill the buzz (hello, Ubisoft)!
    Again, great job on ND, and thanks:)

12. VIC20

VIC20 Well-Known Member

Apr 1, 2009
    Thank you! :)

Another website found WOTA and wrote in their news it would be released soon. Just to clarify: this is not true unless a horde of little monkeys worked on it over the last night to finish it and I missed that. ;)

13. Garbagemaster

Feb 6, 2010
    Hello Mark:)
    Been awhile. How is WOTA coming along? Getting close?

14. Tommyohbrien

Tommyohbrien Member

May 18, 2010
    Neat

Pretty neat, i enjoy playing sims on desktop and i love seeing more added to the iphone.

15. ipodrocks123

Jul 19, 2009
    hows the game coming? I have followed your facebook for the gamne and there was a topic of you releasing a noncombat version sometime soon, true?

16. VIC20

VIC20 Well-Known Member

Apr 1, 2009
    Far away from getting close - sorry. Actually my other game "Newton's Dice 3D" is doing pretty bad these days (zero to 2 copies a day) after a month that was OK. This will slow down WOTA development dramatically because I need to do other jobs for living.

Interesting is that what I've learned from sales of my weather App: during last 6 months the number of sales to ranking ratio is getting worse. 5 months ago you sold 3 times more apps than today to reach #4 in weather while total number of iDevices exploded since. Seems that p....ing has a big impact on sales.

17. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Hey, sorry to hear about the lack of sales.
    Do you think you will finish this game this year? Or could it run into next year?
    Either way, I don't really mind. Take as long as you want on it and hopefully it will pay off :)

18. VIC20

VIC20 Well-Known Member

Apr 1, 2009
    Actually no idea - depends on future sales of some mini apps. My hope is still that increased number of apps will bring enough cash for basic costs of living (which means staying alive but having no fun at all) - from current sales I would say I need 8-10 Apps for that.

19. ipodrocks123

Jul 19, 2009
    Have you considered joining up with a differant company?

20. VIC20

VIC20 Well-Known Member

Apr 1, 2009
    No, I won't do that but I might go with a publisher for the release.