You know what really grinds my gears?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by iJoe, Jul 22, 2010.

1. jacksoncombs

jacksoncombs Well-Known Member

Hey Peter, do you wanna know what really grinds my gears? Hybrids

2. jacksoncombs

jacksoncombs Well-Known Member

Hey Peter, do you wanna know what really grinds my gears? Nippy

3. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Hahaha, you love him really.

4. Beto_Machado

Beto_Machado Well-Known Member

#24 Beto_Machado, Jul 23, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2010
    Learn to read.

He specifically said updates for issues first. He's completelly right - a developer should take the chance to fix the bugs/issues along with the retina display upgrade. Making a game run well is a lot more important than upping the resolution.

People dismissing this are the losers that buy 20 games a month and never actually bother playing their games for more than a couple hours each (well, some of the people dismissing it are lazy devs, too). Anyone that actually likes playing their games cares about bugs and knows how important it is to fix them.

5. imoby

imoby Member

Jan 21, 2010
    WOW! I have never seen a more spoiled little brat than you! Seriously man, there are a billion apps out there and here you are fussing over an update. The developers have lives too, they dont just sit on the computer screen 24/7 reading comments and granting every wish.

6. ReadMyLips

ReadMyLips Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Dominos
    Minnesota
    that's a let down? maybe he'll actually have a fighting chance to win now. besides, basketball is a dying sport, so anything that happens in it really only affects the three people that still watch it.

7. dumbname

dumbname Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2009
    well i guess i'm one of those three and i should say i meant let down in a Cavalier fan's perspective. personally i'm so ready to watch them dominate and with style.

but wait for next year... Knicks are gonna get CP3, Melo, and they have Stoudameire(don't even know how to spell it)

anyway back to ipod gaming. Yay

8. yongkykun

yongkykun Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    3D Animator
    Indonesia
    Takes one to know one. Big devs have people monitoring forums like this for research purposes only and to see the current market trends. So I agree with Beto_Machado on this one. It is stupid to suggest that after an app release any dev would get on with their lives ignoring people's complaint because they know that that would hurt their reputation and the marketability of the app itself. Which is why only big devs can afford to do that because most of the time they release a game just to "test the water."

Sorry for English. I'm Indonesian.

9. JCat

JCat Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    CEO E-Commerce
    NY
    Yes, this Retina display thing hitting all over, but you know what, if you're an iphone 4 user, it's a plus in my book. It appears upgrading to Retina is something that's not as complicated as adding a new level to a game, so that's why it's springing up everywhere I'm sure. Hey, it's better than no update at all! I remember all the complainers when iPad came out - "I'm tired of all these HD updates...and there's too much news on iPad". People who don't want to read about updates on a paritcular device, usually don't own that device.

10. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    The developer can choose whether he wants to update his game or not. If he doesn't want to, then stop buying his games!

11. seyoon

seyoon Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2009
    East Coast
    You should know the ins and outs of developing apps before whining about not getting what you want, kid. Some updates take only a few hours to write while some bugs need a few weeks of beta testing in order to iron out the kinks. Some devs are howling as$ so their fans can get the satisfaction we enjoy yet some little brats like you whine that your favorite game doesn't get a million extra levels. Take a chill pill.

Ahhh nothing makes my day more than waking up to the smell fresh coffee and updates for retina display!

12. eyemh8

eyemh8 Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2008
    To stay stupid
    Estes Park co.
    What games are you talking about that crash and are to buggy to play that got the 'retina display' update only? All retina display games I have seem to be finished well made games to me?

13. dbhjed

dbhjed Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2009
    To the OP: I think you and the OP of this thread should talk it out and come to terms of what people are looking for in an app update then work on a combined thread and post it here for us to read

14. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    You know what grinds my gears? When you go to the cake shop and Saturday morning and they are out of your favourite pie. Sucks!

15. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    I feel your pain somewhat. Was that Gameloft Gran Turismo clone ever updated to fix the draw distance? Doubt it, but I wouldn't know because I deleted it awhile ago. Maybe you just need some fresh air, step outside for a sec man.