Universal Radiation Island (By Atypical Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Jan 29, 2015.

1. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    I finished the first island and I wonder where to go next? The island on the right or on the left? I went to the left but there are far too many zombies and I was struggling to survive, then went to the right and found a lot of weapons, will it be as difficult as the other island?

2. henryfakesmile

henryfakesmile Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    usa
    this is helpful and the game is crazy hard comparing to average ios games...
    its addictive, i hope they release radiation island on Mac OS X like their other games

3. TheEvilRobot

TheEvilRobot Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2013
    Does this work on iPod 5?

4. henryfakesmile

henryfakesmile Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    usa
    :)
    hello! i LOVED atypical games!
    just wanna know will Radiation island be releasing Mac OS X version like the rest of your games? i purchased all IAP DLC in battle supremacy in OS X version to support you guys ! :) plzplz! i hope the answer is YES! OS X VERSION

5. Joeschmoe

Joeschmoe Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2011
    I just got to the second island (top left on the map) and ran into new bad things. Some sort of energy things. The fireballs and black things seem to have predictable patterns of movement so I can work around those. But the electrical field thing is monstrous, comes at me and doesn't stop. It ate all my clothes and radiation suit and then me! Anybody have a hint for how to deal with that thing? It's guarding the tower I need to shut off.

6. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    ^^@joe, one thing that most people that i know here think that once they start playing this game, they can just explore the island without any preparation, using just the standard equipment to kill zombies, mutant, beast. that is wrong. my suggestion is be prepared on the first island, gathered all best equipment you can, explore as far as you can to find the old gun, make a bow and craft arrow, craft a clothes that will protect you from bleeding. after you achieve all those above, exploring the island shouldn't be a problem anymore. hope thats help ;)

7. Retro Nug

Retro Nug Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    The Netherworld
    Good tips, redribbon. I'm to scared to even go farther than out of view of the house in the very beginning starter area. lol It's just that it gets too damn dark amd I dont wanna get caught away in it again until I at least craft a torch. Speaking of...where can I find fat to use in crafting the torches? Does it randomly drop of a dead animal or something?

8. djstout

Jul 21, 2011
    Taiwan & Japan
    You can find fat after killing bears, wolves and any other kind of animals (I think) the sheep is the easiest to kill and the safest way to get fat

9. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    #769 redribbon, Feb 17, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2015
    specific link on how to craft a torch:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJYv_R3T-8M&list=PLPpEvzuUGZvZh6Np5vlp01z-4HREAn5uu

also you can check out my radiation island walkthrough here:
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLPpEvzuUGZvZh6Np5vlp01z-4HREAn5uu

one more tips here, before you try to shut down a tower, please find the nearest transit location to the tower first(you can find it on the map), so if anything goes wrong and you died, you can spawn from that latest location instead of your default location.

10. Joeschmoe

Feb 1, 2011
    Hmm, not so much. I am using the old rifle and the machine gun, the sturdiest clothes. I think I was well prepared unless there is something even better that I don't know about.

I'm collecting more materials to replace my clothes and rifle (that electrical monster thing ate that too!) now so I'll wander other parts of the island to see if I can better prepare and thing about strategies for handling this thing

11. Bytebrain

Bytebrain Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2010
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    #771 Bytebrain, Feb 17, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2015
    The electric storm only comes out at dusk/night.

Start the tower missions early in the morning, so you'll be able to shut down the towers before nightfall, and you'll only to deal with zombies and radiation.

Edit:
    Regarding the storm "eating" your rifle, it didn't, you always lose the weapon you hold in your hands when you die.
    If you can see that you're about to die, and judge that you won't make it, unequip your weapon, (by clicking on the weapon icon), and it'll still be in your inventory when you wake up after dying.

12. djstout

Jul 21, 2011
    Taiwan & Japan
    There is a huge huge base on the second island (left) that looks like a city, to reach the tower looks like a kamikaze action

13. TheEvilRobot

TheEvilRobot Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2013
    Thanks for the spoilers

14. Joeschmoe

Feb 1, 2011
    Oh, good, thanks! Also duh on the weapon, I knew that and forgot. I got pretty good at fighting zombies and not falling off mountains so it's been a long time since I last died. Also, like somebody a few pages back reported, I spawned on the roof of my hut. Not a problem for me, though, I just jumped off. Lol!

15. Bytebrain

Bytebrain Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2010
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    #775 Bytebrain, Feb 18, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2015
    I spawn on the roof all the time too. Like you, I've never been stuck there, thankfully. :)

16. kipbuis

kipbuis Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2013
    Is this game tough to learn? Too many items to collect?

17. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    It takes a little time, but no, not hard

18. dotout

dotout Active Member

Dec 14, 2009
    Male
    Jack of all trades at Atypical Games
    Bucharest
    The new update should be hitting devices soon. Even if it's been a long review time the changes are not that big, we've just added the invert Y option for controls, lighten up a bit the night and the food requirements in Adventure mode. Removed crashes related to vehicles and also (hopefully) the bug which erased progression with an ugly crash. The input is also slightly smoothed now and the movement of the dpad allows for full analog movement for strafing.

Right now the plan is to continue work on a bigger update which should be due in 1-2 months with full 3rd person support and some real estate development: crafting and deployment of improvised housing.

19. Peter321

Peter321 Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2008
    Male
    Update is out now in DK

20. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    Your update is live, now that you can join the rest of us playing, I hope you enjoy and that it was worth the wait!

-X