Barren Roads: Multiplayer Apocalypse Fallout/DayZ Survival Game iOS

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by voncarp, Jul 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    #261 Fastbridge, Jan 19, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2015
    I would love to beta test. I've been following this thread and been here from the beginning. I can be a big help. I'm a huge day z, rust player.

[email protected]

2. ghosty222

ghosty222 Active Member

Jan 3, 2015
  3. lilgac

lilgac Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2013
    Nice!
    Reminds me of I am Legend movie
    Love such themes

4. oldsnake

oldsnake Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    @Voncarp: i suggest You to take @Fastbridge in testing,i've already test game with him,great guy,take him with us,thank..

5. NotSP33DY

NotSP33DY Member

Jan 18, 2015
    My email for test flight: [email protected]
    Hope I can test this amazing looking game!

6. Krizzle1

Krizzle1 Member

Nov 2, 2014
    When are you planning to push out a TestFlight release mate?

7. Done.

I've found myself in a position where I didn't want to be and that was saying I have a TestFlight right around the corner, yet not being able to deliver. I need just a little more time to fix some features.

And I'll tell you why.

If you looked at any of the earlier screenshots and compare them to now, Barren Roads graphics and features has improved greatly. These improvements are extremely taxing on the devices and adversely affect framerate. On single player, it works and plays fine. Multiplayer is where many of the slowdowns are occurring. And multiplayer is where I believe Barren Roads will shine.

As bad as it sounds, there is something cool about finding another player online, stalking, taking them down and grabbing their loot.

My early network library essentially allows me to connect online fairly easy. But every other feature I have to write myself, which can be time consuming. So, I have been in the process of sampling another network library with more features for faster developing times and continuing to work on my current one in order to get another beta build out.

So, while switching I broke a few features that are essential for playing online. For instance, syncing and AI. You really don't want an enemy running left on your view and he is running right on another view. Something like this has to be fixed entirely before I can send out any builds.

Sorry. I'll send the beta builds out to the people I mentioned it to soon. I think its close. And for this build, I have plenty of testers. Its probably better if you DM me a beta request instead of continuously bumping this thread for a later test. There are a bunch of other cool upcoming games that could use some visibility.

8. lilgac

lilgac Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2013
    Clap!
    Pls PM dev instead.. Always new posts thought there's new stuff but it's mostly request

9. CL1NT_B3ASTW00D

CL1NT_B3ASTW00D Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2014
    I PMed you awhile back.

10. oldsnake

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    #270 oldsnake, Jan 24, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2015
    Please Guys if You want beta-testing The game PM The developer instead of posting and bump This Thread,there're lot of pages only of request,and This wont help,instead we have to talk about The game,have new info,screenshots,videos,and developer announce about progress..thanks to all 

11. Sorry guys. Its taking me awhile.

In the mean time enjoy some shoot em up action on an iPhone 6.

Single or multiplayer, your not alone in the world of Barren Roads.

12. oldsnake

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    It's really good 

13. Takeo_Masaki

Takeo_Masaki Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2014
    Student
    England
    Bro that's awesome. You said 'single player or multiplayer, you're not alone...'
    Does this mean there's an option of single player or multi (I thought it was only multi)

P.s count me in for beta testing, could you PM me if you need any beta testers? Thanks

14. shortbeachj

shortbeachj New Member

Jan 27, 2015
    If you're still looking for testers, I'd love to help out! iPhone 6 plus

15. BackupHero

BackupHero Well-Known Member

May 9, 2014
    Jade City, BC, Canada
    It's amazing how far development has come. Everything looks better now! Also, I applaud you for single player. I know you'd still have a huge audience if Barren Roads was mp only, but I'm more of a single player guy anyway. Keep it up!

16. MarleySage

MarleySage Member

Jan 13, 2015
    Keep up the great work ! The whole setting looks fresh & original ! Mfi support please! Oh and Metal for my iPad Air 2!

17. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    Wow! I'm impressed

18. lainsxp

lainsxp Well-Known Member

May 26, 2014

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY !!!!
    I want this now .. looks so great !

19. Woodrith

Woodrith Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2014
    Hooaah
    Outerbounds
    Just means we're going to have a great Game to play!

20. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    It has to be said, this gets more and more interesting and impressive with every bit we get to see.
    Very much looking forward to it as it looks like a style that I will get very addicted to.
    Between this, The Wild and Radiation Island, I'm gonna have a whole lot of variety and fun with this genre.
    Glad to see it finally become something on mobile.