Universal Darkness Rush: Saving Princess

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by goiMot, Jan 11, 2012.

1. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

I did just drop my Morning Coffee because of this great News. This is definitly the News of the Day after I have seen Darkness Rush: Saving Princess in Action and can only Imagine how great a Jump'n'Run Game could become if you add a big Story to it and do polished it till it`s Perfect.

You can expect the Press to get crazy if you create a polished Castlevania Clone for the iOS/Android Platform and a bigger among of the iOS Community to go Instant crazy when they realize that you Folks are working on a Castlevania Clone for the iOS

Good Luck and only the best wishes for the Castlevania Clone Project.

2. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

3. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Does the game have GC achievements or only leaderboards?

4. lumothesinner

lumothesinner Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2011
    UK
    This comment made me buy the game - the impressions so far have been good, but the thought of a dev making a castlevania alike, and one that looks as good as this game, is something that deserves my support.

Good luck with Castlevania attempt

Will post impressions later

5. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

Watch the Darkness Rush: Saving Princess - Menu/GameCenter/Store/Mission - iPad 2 - HD Gameplay Trailer on the second Page.

6. killsheep

killsheep Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2011
    It has GC achievements and leaderboards, even multimatch via GC.:)

7. Simon Potticary

Simon Potticary Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2010
    Writer
    East London
    Wow, looks good. I'll bite.

Thanks for the vid Sanuku!

8. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I normally cant stand endless runners BUT i love the graphic style and it looks superb from that video i admit (thanks Sanuku as always), i'll be buying this one in a second

BUT the graphic style, i would LOVE to see that in a Castevania type game, would be brilliant.

9. killsheep

Jul 2, 2011
    Give my bessssst thanks to Sanuku!
    We are uploading our publicization video to youtube, but it's very slow.
    Thank you very much.

10. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

#30 Sanuku, Jan 11, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2012
    You are Welcome. Glad you like the Result :D

11. lumothesinner

lumothesinner Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2011
    UK
    #31 lumothesinner, Jan 11, 2012
    Game Impressions

Im trying really hard to think of what this game has left out?

GC acheivements and leaderboards, missions like jetpack joyride, multiple characters that are not just reskins (different jump animatIons and different transformations), equipable armour etc that isnt just cosmetic (stat changes), beautiful graphics due to unreal, awesome castlevania like art style, multiplayer mode (though I cannot connect, probably as only 20 people own it according to leaderboard), variation in gameplay so its not just one button, but jump, double jump, attack, transform, fly; store that is run by ingame currency (and IAPs of course), IAP for a 3rd character which I assume is also slightly different rather than a new skin.

The only thing I can complain about is that the pits and spikes seem to be the same every run, but the coins, crystals, runes and fireballs seem to be random meaning that every run through is still different.

It even has story, not much (it is an endless runner after all) but there's a story in the tutorial and characters have back story

Well worth the 69p (99c) and more so, this is mother of all endless runners

12. FeNoMeN

FeNoMeN Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2011
    this game is better than all this NZ games today:cool:

13. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    -Lose the IAP (and rebalance the game accordingly.)
    -Lose 2/3rds of the file size.
    -Fix the writing (translation?)
    -Raise the price to 2.99.

And you might have a pretty decent game.

14. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    The sad fact is that nobody is going to pay 2.99 for an endless runner, no matter how good it is. Frankly, had it been that price I would have likely passed on it. As to the file size, the only way to reduced it by 2/3 wouid likely be to get rid of the hi-res textures and the high-quality audio -- two of the main features that distinguish this game from others in the genre.

I do agree that the game could be rebalanced slightly to make it cheaper to get gear (or at least create a new category of less expensive gear). Progress without IAP is a bit slow, though the game is fun enough for me to keep me trying.

I would say the game is decent as is.

15. legowiz

legowiz Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2009
    Behind you!
    Having seen Sanuku's video, the gameplay in this either seems inspired by Stylish Sprint or is maybe made by the same developer with a different name? I noticed you can "attack" objects in much the same way, you can double and triple jump and hold to fly, the platforms sometimes move up or down, and you collect lots of coins and power ups in a very similar fashion, plus lots of the randomly placed objects and collectibles get placed somewhat out of reach and in strange places, a similar design as Stylish Sprint. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, and I'm not calling foul here, I'm just curious to see if the developers are the same, and if they are, I'll be buying this for sure :D

16. killsheep

Jul 2, 2011
    #36 killsheep, Jan 11, 2012
    We are different developer;
    And we learn many things not only from stylish sprint,
    but also from other running games, such as: jetpack joyride, Robot Unicorn Attack... and finally we implement our own running games.
    The main different of two games is that:
    (1) Transformation; collect 3 crystal you can change to animal state; much faster, different feeling;
    (2) Multimatch; racing with your friends can give us more fun.
    (3) The fireball system make sense more alive.
    Hope you like Darkness Rush as Stylish Sprint. :)

Our video will show all features later.

17. Madman100

Madman100 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2011
    I'm buying based on impressions here. I'm not too much into endless runners after playing JJ but this seems to have a lot more variety from obstacles, gameplay and scenery. Plus the theme seems to fit my taste more.

File size doesn't bother me at all since I recently transferred all my music and videos to an old MP4, now using my iPod as a full gaming device and loving it thus far, whodathought. I welcome the large file size, tbh. It likely means higher quality textures and sounds, as Squarezero mentioned. Possibly even smoother gameplay..

*downloading*

18. legowiz

legowiz Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2009
    Behind you!
    Okay, thanks for letting me know! I may buy it anyway, I was just curious if you were the same developer, but even so, Stylish Sprint was an awesome game and you were smart to take notes from them.

19. killsheep

Jul 2, 2011
    I am a fan of Stylish Sprint as well.:D

20. killsheep

Jul 2, 2011
    #40 killsheep, Jan 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2012