List Of Adventure Games (Part 2)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by PointOfLight, May 5, 2011.

1. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I was wondering the same thing. I think back to Dungeon Of The Damned which was billed as a point and click / RPG and really ended up being little of either. I'm hoping that this will mostly be puzzle solving / item collecting with a bit of combat thrown in, but that it won't be too much "just wandering". The problem is that I believe it was based off of an app that was just meant to be a walking tour, so there's a chance the inventory / fighting controls could have been lazily wrenched in. Let's hope that's not the case, because the visuals are great.

2. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    So I finally got around to playing Mystery Lighthouse (the first one). Pretty snazzy little game. Certainly a lot better than their previous effort, Dungeon Of The Damned. Like most everyone else I thought it was just a bit too short, but I appreciated the fact that everything was pretty logical. Of course, I think that's part of why it was such a short game :) Anyway, if some of you haven't tried it yet, I highly suggest doing so. Here's the link: Mystery Lighthouse. At the time of posting at least the game was free.

3. Pepper2427

Pepper2427 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    The second one is very good too. They really have got a good formula going there. The puzzles in the second are just as logical. Longer than the first and I really recommend it

4. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Yep, I'll be getting there one of these days. I just want to get caught up on a few other games first. Plus, I'm kind of addicted to Mad Acorn right now. I'm not a big fan of rhythm games as a whole, but I really like this one.

5. paul.hendricks

paul.hendricks Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
  6. mrsleny

mrsleny Well-Known Member

May 30, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    I think you are right about there being more HOS after the portal. I still enjoyed it and hope there is a sequel since it ended with a cliffhanger.

I wonder if the strategy guides are for the PC versions and if the iOS versions leave out some scenes. I have resorted to using Gamezebo walkthroughs and noticed in some games there is at least one additional scene not in the iPad game.

7. kzwen

kzwen Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    I finished the game today including the bonus chapter. Both the game ending and the bonus chapter ends rather abruptly though. I wish they come out with a sequel soon while the story is still fresh in my mind. :)

About the guides, I went back to take a look. Some items are named differently too so maybe you are right on that they were for pc and probably modified for ios or something.

8. paul.hendricks

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    I don't have to be a Scrooge about iPad releases anymore! Anyone have some suggestions for splendid games? I'm getting the Mortimer Beckett's as I type, as well as the Drawn games.

Thanks!

9. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Well there wasn't a massive sale that I'm aware of, so I guess someone must have gotten a nice surprise in the last few hours ;)

10. Does that make me the only one left here without an iPad?

11. paul.hendricks

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    A nice new iPad with the retina display, which is jaw-dropping. I'm a very lucky Dad!

12. paul.hendricks

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    As klutzy as I am, I'll probably drop mine and be without in a few minutes anyway... :D

13. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Wow, I didn't know dads got presents like that for Father's Day :rolleyes: But hey, my son got me a bottle of Mountain Dew, so what more could I want :D

14. paul.hendricks

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    I didn't say I deserved the gift, just that I got it...

Mountain Dew will give you the energy to chase after the kidlet for a bit!

15. kzwen

kzwen Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Finished Twisted Lands finally. I must say I really am not fond of games without a proper ending. Gonna get started on another BFG. Should I go for Haunted Manor or Grim Tales?

16. mrsleny

mrsleny Well-Known Member

May 30, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    Has anyone played Grim Tales? I am beyond annoyed. It's such a great game and the gameplay is quite long.

I am near the end of the game and in the middle of a puzzle the game closes. When I start it up again I get to the main menu okay but when I tap Continue The Game it goes a black screen and it freezes.

I have done a hard reboot twice without success. I have also emailed BFG. No answer yet but I am sure they will tell me to reboot and/delete and re-install. From the game reviews on the app store it sounds like a handful of people have similar issue though at different parts in the game while others have finished without any problems. Any ideas why?

17. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I'm certainly not saying you didn't deserve it. Actually, I think it's kind of cool. Every year I see ads with all these high priced electronic gizmos that say "makes great father's day gifts" and I always think to myself "do fathers really get those kinds of presents?" It's neat to hear that some do. And since I already had an iPad, I certainly enjoyed my Mountain Dew!

18. paul.hendricks

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    I shouldn't try to do funny after 11 pm...(maybe ever...) :)

We've been doing the austere thing for a while and this was a nice surprise.

19. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Maybe I just shouldn't read funny when I'm supposed to be working ;) Whatever the case, I'm just glad you were able to finally join the ranks of the iPad dwellers. After spending some time with the Nook Color over the past couple of weeks, I'm really beginning to appreciate the concept of "you get what you pay for". People can get whatever tablets they want, but I'll take my iPad any day!