Final Fantasy IV by Square Enix

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Haruhi, Dec 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    I would love the psp version of 4 you get

2D final fantasy 4
    Wiiware's final fantasy 4 (forgot what it was called)
    Plus another add on game of final fantasy 4

What do you get on the DS?
    3d graphics
    Maybe/maybe not the cgi from the DS version
    bad FPS

So what version you want?

2. bigE1669

bigE1669 Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009
    IT
    Ill
    If This is the DS version (which I think it is), this game will hand you your @ss. The US 16bit version of FF4, had a reduced difficulty. This is a return to the Japanese version difficulty. I remember when I first played this on my DS, I was just wandering around and grinding. I got to a part not far from the beginning of the game, got into random attack, 1 turn, party was wiped.:eek:
    I had to grind for a few hours more before my Party of 2 could walk around safely in that area.

3. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Thank you, my hopes are renewed.

4. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    Crap that sucks. We got a crappy port I figured that FFD was a hint of what's to come why not the psp version

Guess no CG's in the game like last one.

5. picoro

picoro Well-Known Member

May 23, 2012
    #45 picoro, Dec 7, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2012
    i like the ds version.

6. Hero Killer Id

Hero Killer Id Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2010
    Undead Cow as of now there is no 6 remake or talks of it.

I really enjoyed this version of the game. It doesn't hold the nostalgia as well as the SNES style 16bit versions but is still a lot of fun. The voice acting isn't terrible the translation is good. And the story and music are just as great as they have always been. Only problem I had playing through it was there is a huge difficulty spike during the last 5-10 hours of the game (when you get to the moon) which forces you to spend a good amount of time grinding to complete it.

That said though I own this on the DS and have purchased several other versions of this game so unless it's $10 or less I won't be grabbing it again as much as I would want to.

OR if they add GameCenter Achievements. If they do that I'm on this like white on rice.

7. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    Its 17.99

8. Hero Killer Id

Sep 18, 2010
    And since Squeenix hardly ever puts their games on sale I will most likely pass but not due to the quality of the game. I will put it on my watch list for now :)

9. Rudy

Rudy Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2009
    Canada
    It's a shame they didn't decide to port the PSP version :(

10. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

The price is already set. But that would have required to read this thread. Failed troll attempt.

11. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    I understand the price will be $17.99, is that the rumored introductory sale or is it possible the price will be lower on launch? Fingers crossed.

12. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #52 Vovin, Dec 7, 2012

As I read and understood from that japanese site, there will be a introduction sale. 17.99$ should be the normal price. Check the front page.

edit: yes, Brad also wrote:

13. AlienSEX

AlienSEX Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2011
    I bought the FF3 and after 3 weeks of continuous playing, finally completed the game.
    It is the best game i've enjoyed on the iOS platform. And when i say best, i mean it.

The graphics are much MUCH more sharper and detailed on the IOS than on the 3DS (which looks pixelated and grainy on 3DS).

You are missing out on some incredible piece of gaming history, if you don't get the FF3 or the upcoming FF4. It is simply a masterpiece, no joke.

I'm looking forward to FF4 topping it.

14. AlienSEX

AlienSEX Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2011
    #54 AlienSEX, Dec 7, 2012
    Yes! your comment is right on the money.

The original (Japan) Final fantasy 6 is the BEST of best. Not many gamers or even FF fans know this fact.
    I've played it many many years ago and memory is still vivid. The story and gameplay mechanism is just ground breaking. It was one of the 1st RPG with multiple endings (alongside Chrono Trigger), depending on who you choose your characters and how you lead them through the compelling stories which are somehow , intertwined ingeniously.

After all these years, I still consider FF6 as the Best among all Final Fantasy series. The game is just so unique that many special aspects of the whole special experience and emotion have not been recreated in subsequent FF series.

People who have NEVER played FF6 before should try it, google and read up about it, it really is incredible.
    Hopefully the 3D remake of it will appear someday, i'm sure it will smash records.

15. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Wow. I've been playing FF III for years now. Little by little. Eventually picked up FF I and racked up a few hours on it. Wanted something new for the holidays so I picked up FF II and have put a good 6 hours into that. And now this?! Man. There goes another $40. Here's hoping we'll get FF VI eventually. And I'd much rather play the original instead of a 3D remake. Or both! I'd much rather start my winter with those guys running through the snow in the opening of that one instead of FF IV... But I'll take what I can get I guess.

16. FFIII is probably one of the worst FF games too. If you're impressed by that, prepared to be blown away by FFIV.

Also, slightly off-topic but every Square Enix fan needs to buy The World Ends With You.

17. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    I am on the fence about TWEWY even though I love FF games. TWEWY just looked like it had too much dialogue and not enough fantasy elements. Does it have less dialogue and do they travel outside of e city later on?

18. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    I'll be honest. Played almost every ff an I played twewy and didn't like it. Strange gameplay, totally dif from ff games. An aquired taste to me. Played 5 hrs or so and deleted it, just didn't hold me.

19. Hero Killer Id

Sep 18, 2010
    I hope all of you FF4 fans playing on your IOS have picked up Lunar Silver Star Story. That is an amazing game with an amazing price. It ranks right up there with FF4 in my opinion. A pinnacle title in classic turn based RPGs.

20. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    Man I sound like a hater bad mouthing these games but I have to rain on the parade again. Lunar was wack to me and I even played the awesome graphical psp version. It's nowhere in the same league as even ff3 let alone ff4. cool story but after all the hype I was sorely let down. This was a few months ago so it's fresh. ff4 is a masterpiece tho. I've been through it 2 times.