Eminence: Xander's Tales - TCG / MMORPG

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by EminenceRev, Mar 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I like the Wilkurse and hollows final sword there, how will player weapons be use or is it just for aesthetics? Also will there be just swords or other weapon types eventually like battle axes, warhammer and maces ect?

2. EminenceRev

EminenceRev Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2014
    Graphic Designer
    England
    Hi ste86uk! Eminence will contain a plethora of different weapon types, allowing you to fully deck out your avatar with a warhammer, spear, bow, battle axe etc.

The weapons are being looked into, but we have a few ideas up our sleeves regarding the use of someone's arms for 'advanced mode' and beyond. :)

3. EminenceRev

Mar 23, 2014
    Graphic Designer
    England
    Guilds are one of the most exciting parts of Eminence: XT. Form allegiances with other players or invite your friends to join and earn bragging rights by defeating other Guilds. Work together as a team to tackle some of the games toughest quests and uncover the Eminence: XT story together.

Being a member of a Guild gives you access to Guild Duelling, where you and four other members of your team can go head to head with another Guild. In addition to Guild bases (which will be explained in a later update), cards can still be wagered giving the winning Guild the opportunity to take cards from the losing Guild in ranked GvG (Guild vs Guild) duels.

Here's an idea of how a Guild Card Duel looks:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Glad to hear that about the weapons and guilds. Also interested in guild bases as I seen there were done similar KS rewards to things like this.

5. EminenceRev

Mar 23, 2014
    Graphic Designer
    England
    Thanks again ste86uk! :D

6. EminenceRev

Mar 23, 2014
    Graphic Designer
    England
    Some early concept illustrations of the customizable characters from Eminence:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. EminenceRev

Mar 23, 2014
    Graphic Designer
    England
    Kujata - The Omnislayer
    Despite his calm disposition, Kujata has a canning blood thirst for battle. A gifted swordsman, his blades have earned a reputation for being able to slice through the toughest of armours. Having a high intelligence in combat allows him to structure his battles before they begin, making his opponent predictable. He is Wilkurse's first prototype bio soldier, a product of the Empire's secret unit designed to craft bio engineered warriors enhanced with the power of Mecha Alchemy. An artificial eye adorns his face to replace the original one he lost during a violent battle. His single eye, enriched with Alchemy, offers Kujata vision beyond human limits.

[​IMG]

8. EminenceRev

Mar 23, 2014
    Graphic Designer
    England
    Roewyn - Arrows of Elysium

[​IMG]

Our kickstarter: http://kck.st/1vqRF9U ... Every little helps! Share, pledge or simply give us your feedback.​

9. EminenceRev

Mar 23, 2014
    Graphic Designer
    England
  10. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    Looks like your Kickstarter tiers were inspired by HEX :p

11. EminenceRev

Mar 23, 2014
    Graphic Designer
    England
    [​IMG]

You can now buy physical versions of our cards plus more! For more information, visit our Kickstarter!​

12. EminenceRev

Mar 23, 2014
    Graphic Designer
    England
    Introducing a sneak peek of our newest division - Scion.

[​IMG]

13. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    Good luck. Not long left on your kickstarter run. I think I will pledge to help you out but you need quite a bit in a small time.

14. DrNub

DrNub Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2010
    The Great White North
    Looks interesting :eek:

15. marcorocco

marcorocco Member

Feb 11, 2014
    Animator and Motion Graphics Designer
    Melbourne, Australia
    Oh my

Very beautifully designed!!!

16. EminenceRev

Mar 23, 2014
    Graphic Designer
    England
    Thank you guys for your support! Even sharing the project to your friends or tweeting about us will help considerably. :)

17. EminenceRev

Mar 23, 2014
    Graphic Designer
    England
    We've had a few questions asking whether there will be card animations and the answer is...Yes! Our goal is to make every card beautifully animated when used in a duel to enhance the overall experience. Here are a few examples of how they may look (this still a working progress and the final implementation may change):)

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Our Kickstarter: http://kck.st/1vqRF9U

18. EminenceRev

Mar 23, 2014
    Graphic Designer
    England
    Ever since we began the project, we've received incredible feedback over the artstyle of the game. One thing which was constantly pointed out was the design of our characters. We too felt there was a bit of disconnect with their visual style in comparison with the overall art of the game. During the KS campaign, we began a new journey to evolve our character designs and here's the new direction we're thinking of going towards. We plan on moving forward based on feedback so let us know what you think!

(Please bare in mind this is still a work in progress)

[​IMG]

19. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    While the chibi look was gorgeous in its own right, this goes a long way towards unifying the art style(s).

With sharper, darker colours with a more glossy, shiny finish, I think you'd push the open world and character presentation even closer to the cards.

And by the way... congrats ;)

20. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    Not going to lie, I have a fear of kickstarter projects never materializing into anything. However I backed a guardian tier, so I hope that helps :p

Make this amazing for me.