iPhone Battle for Wesnoth

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Mythbuster, Apr 28, 2010.

1. Marcus70

Marcus70 Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2010
    Ok, I went back to the Proven by the Sword scenario in the South Guard campaign and it shows 28 turns (on the hardest difficulty). I'm not sure which scenario your working on?

2. Locriana

Locriana New Member

Aug 7, 2011
    Just replayed it. I didn't get at first that you just had to occupy the citadel in the first nine turns. After that you continue and you have to kil the boss in twenty-something turns.

So, not difficult, and lots of gold collected that carried over! Very fun and interesting level actually.

Thanks anyway!

3. bouglibougla

bouglibougla Member

Jul 14, 2011
    bought it long time ago and didnt give it a chance.
    will try again, its obviously a good game, just need some time to get in .
    get its the same than for most tactical game (FFT, Arenas Trial of Valor .. etc)

4. Loveduckie

Loveduckie New Member

Nov 12, 2014
    Does anyone know how this plays on an iPhone 6+ or iPad Air 2?

5. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Can't speak for this iteration as such, but I have iwesnoth which I'm led to believe is a more fully fledged version and it runs fine on my 6+ on IOS 8.1.2. Check that version out if you hadn't seen it.

IOS 9.2 could be another story though.

6. Angmodurian

Angmodurian Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2014
    Is this game worth it to buy now to play on ipad?

7. Kenan2000

Kenan2000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2013
    #187 Kenan2000, Mar 13, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2016
    It was pulled from the AppStore...It's strange but there is another version by lin dai.

8. Zyzoxing

Zyzoxing Well-Known Member

May 31, 2012
    I remember playing Wesnoth like 8 years ago. It was the game I hated to play but was addicted.

9. Angmodurian

Angmodurian Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2014
    Yea that lin dai dude had the audacity to charge $6 (in my currency) for a free game on PC. No more purchase sry i might as well get it free on pc. I heard original cost is $.99 only

10. sinda

sinda New Member

Oct 16, 2017
  11. ZS77

ZS77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    And an awesome update it is too, might I add! Seriously folks, anyone who likes a good rpg/strategy game needs this in their life. Granted, only the iPad version is really viable at present (although I have it on good authority that an update to the iPhone version is being investigated but may be some way off still! #) and unless a universal app is released, you may need to fork out for it twice (if an iPhone update does happen) - but for the amount of love and time lavished on this, plus the insane amount of content and replayability, it is worth £3.99 (or your local currency equivalent) of anyone's money. Can't praise this game highly enough - or the dedication shown by an army of contributors and one iOS developer in particular!

12. Jinxtah

Jinxtah Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2017
    Oh, I remember this game. I'm sure I bought it once waaay back for the iPad 1, but I can't find it in my purchased games section anymore. It's really weird, because I remember playing it, and I've never jailbroken my ipads, so it's not because I've acquired it through other means.

Am I just going crazy, or was the app removed and relaunched sometime ?

13. skoptic

skoptic Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2015