Good Unknown games that should be recognized!

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Chaz42, Apr 26, 2011.

1. Vinvy

Vinvy Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2010
    coconut dodge - great oldschool style high-score gameplay, really polished level design and game design, in a functional if bland theme. Maze modes are there for perfectionists.
    above - amazing, studio ghibli esque art style, wrapped into a genius mixture of endless running, and endless climbing games. The gameplay and art combine to make the most "perfect" experience for me on iOS, i dont consider it in need of amy content updates, just would like retina(tgo fine without). Favorite, highly polished, game on iOS, and promptly ignored.

Puzzle Cosmos - Ponos put this out, and somehow it seems like its been forgotten. It needs to be remembered because its awesome, you just need to
    change the obnoxious theme in the menu.

final freeway - pure oldschool, relentlessly repetitive, racing action.

2. jayanthgurijala

jayanthgurijala Well-Known Member

SpacePuzzle...

New one by an individual developer...

3. Dazarath

Dazarath Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    ^ Wow, toting your own game as a hidden gem?

4. jayanthgurijala

The forum title didn't say am not allowed to do that :).
    Well not exactly hidden, in two weeks its done pretty well but I would like more people to know about it before I release the next one in the series "Attack of the Sentinels" and my second novel (am an author too)...

5. magihiro

magihiro Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Except for the fact that the thread title says "good unknown games..." and you shouldn't be allowed to judge your own game as "good."

6. magihiro

Mar 26, 2009
    Ascendancy is a GREAT hidden gem. You want a game that you can spend hundreds of hours in and STILL not scratch the surface, this is it.

Link for those who are interested : http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ascendancy/id412523782?mt=8

7. jayanthgurijala

well it was based on reviews.. one even from the developer of TrainYard (on twitter) :)..

8. triggywiggy

triggywiggy Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Freelance writer, Student, Casually employed in re
    Perth, Western Australia
    Don't you mean i'm not am?

Also don't go promoting your own game in forums like this. Its fine doing it on a post that has been made for the game but saying your own game is a hidden gem is a No! No!. People don't want to listen to that.

9. triggywiggy

Jan 24, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    That still does not matter, If they thought it was a good unknown game they would have posted on here. But seaming you did it, well you get the blame.

10. jayanthgurijala

Err... can't we just drop it?

I certainly don't want to create another login and post. If I didn't have a trailer I wouldn't have posted it. But since I have a trailer, i just tot ppl can watch it in action and not just listen to me.

So lets not clutter this forum with unwanted discussion. Let it be a list of games and discussion on games.

11. triggywiggy

Jan 24, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    Then why did you do it in the first place?

12. magihiro

Mar 26, 2009
    Sure, we can drop it, if you delete your post with the trailer in it.

If you wanted people to watch your trailer, post it in the "iPhone Games" section, where you can create an entire thread dedicated to your game. Don't post it in a "good unknown gems that people should buy because I feel it's a good game" thread.

You creating another login to post it wouldn't have changed anything, as it would have been completely obviously a shill, which we do NOT take kindly to here (which, in case you don't realize, is exactly what you're doing).

If your game is a good unknown gem, one of us would have posted it. A dev shilling his own game automatically removes any interest I (and probably most people here) have in it. So you shot yourself in the foot. :)

13. triggywiggy

Jan 24, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    Totally agree +1

14. CzarCastic

CzarCastic Well-Known Member

One game that I always go back to is called Soccer Tactics. I picked it up while free a number of months ago.

There's also a free version if you want to try it out. It's a fast, tactical turn-based strategy game based on soccer. Very simple and yet fun at the same time. I can't really explain why I continue to go back to it.

15. Vinvy

Vinvy Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2010
    Holy hell give him a break and stop derailing this thread with your useless hissy-fits, if he developed his game he's aloud to be proud of it and post it here, stop making BS rules. You want to make the board a better place, stop policing it and pretending to clean it up, and start acting decent and polite to others.

to contribute a few more, sonewhat hidden gems..

Yoku-Gami - great single player Knizia game, 3 modes, but stick to arcade and levels for a challange.

tri-towers arcade - great, well polished tri-towers solitaire package, unlockables and multiple modes, and highly adfictive gameplay. Needs retina though.

rotten-city - awesome action RPG with an escape from the zombie filled city theme.

16. Megladon

Megladon Member

Jan 25, 2011
    Central California
  17. foxmulderino

foxmulderino Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Student
    Italy
    The little tank that could...it was and it is very very understimated :(

18. cauliflower36

cauliflower36 Well-Known Member