The TribeZ (game play discussion)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by girlpower, Apr 21, 2012.

1. Mozzay

Mozzay New Member

Sep 23, 2012
    Serious trouble

Ok, so I was at level 50 something, all bar murlod island unlocked, plenty of money and resources and generally getting on ok. Went to check on my little people today and I'm stuck on the first island. It tells me I need to build a raft to get to marble ford, it has knocked me down to level 8 and taken all my gold. I still have all the sand and coral I'd imported, I still have all the territories on the first island unlocked and it is how it should be. I just don't get it. It won't even let me rebuild the raft. Anyone had a similar problem?

2. dean288367

dean288367 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2010
    Defiance
    Hi and sorry for the trouble you are having. There has been some other people on the thread that have reported similar problems. They have contacted support but were given no help. I think most of them have given up and left the game. There are a couple of things you can do:

Try reloading the game from a back up on itunes
    Contact their customer support (good luck)
    If you decide to delete the game and have purchased IAP and have the receipts, contact Apple for a refund.

Sorry that I do not have any good news for you. Hopefully someone else will be more positive but if you read past post on the thread you will see that once this happens it is not good.

3. ExitaR

ExitaR Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2012
    Philippines
    Nice to know that the game I recently started playing has a major bug that will roll-back my game :D

Ah well. I'll just keep playing till that happens. Enjoying it so far :)

4. dean288367

Nov 14, 2010
    Defiance
    The Good news is that it does not seem to happen very often. Of course that is no help to the few that it does happen to. Enjoy the game and hopefully your game will be fine.

5. dlstar

dlstar Well-Known Member

And thanks for the reminder I need to sync/backup my phone, it's been a few days :)

I'm still taking screen shots of new quests, will do another update soon I hope.

6. Adampaddem

Adampaddem New Member

Sep 24, 2012
    Response to question about purchasing coral

You don't have to purchase coral. The way to get coral is to get to the fourth island first. Then you have to build your households and upgrade all 3 of them to level 4. After you complete that, upgrade your main building (this is all on the fourth island Ancestors Atoll). It needs 600 cut marble to do that so start saving up your cut marble. When this is all finished you can open up the tab to build it. Some things that should be on that screen are lumber mill, stone processing, marble processing and other things that give you resources. After doing the upgrade to the main building you should see a Coral Processing, it might be called something else I forget. Build that or gather the supplies needed before you start building it. Hope this helps, sorry it was so long. If any questions let me know. Happy Tribezing!

7. Newra

Newra Member

Sep 17, 2012
    Just had the same problem. You won't be able to move forward because you can't rebuild the raft. Hopefully you had some kind of backup system because otherwise you start all over. It's horrid. I love this game but am taking a break from it until I can find a way to back it up (currently my computer is broken) because I can't stand starting it over. This has already happened twice to me. Hope you have better luck than me!

8. Newra

Newra Member

Sep 17, 2012
    Back up if you can! It sucks to lose months worth of effort.

9. ExitaR

ExitaR Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2012
    Philippines
    Thanks dean288367 & Newra.

My noobish Ipad question now is how do I back-up my Tribez or any other game. :confused::D

10. Rothgarr

Rothgarr Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2010
    #1110 Rothgarr, Sep 24, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2012
    Given how far I am in the game I should probably back up, too. But I have a question... we have three iPads in the house and we are all playing Tribez. Will it back up the save data from all three iPads if you sync them with iTunes? For some reason I've always been under the impression that it only saves the app data from the "main" iDevice associated with the account (not sure I'm explaining myself correctly). Something tells me this is a misconception on my part but I wanted to ask anyway.

Also, let's say we do back them up and the save data becomes corrupt. What are the steps for restoring it? Do you just delete the app and its data from the iPad and then reinstall the app by syncing through iTunes?

Would be great if there was an option to manually load/save to iCloud... would make things so much easier.

11. Vasia

Vasia Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    The spirit of great fortune bonus is just another way for developers to laugh at us :) I am still looking for the last mushroom, and for the last sample to start building copper mine, and for the last badge to build recruitment office. So here I think hey, I'll get at least one of them soon. Yeah, right!
    Sometimes when the game starts loading I secretly hope it will crash and move me back to level 8 or something. Then I can stop playing. I tried to back up, but my computer said it's out of memory, so if the game crashes, I am done. :)

12. dean288367

Nov 14, 2010
    Defiance
    I don't know anything about backing up more than one device with different game data on it. Hopefully someone else can help you with that.

Have been trying to find the link for restoring itunes backups that was on another forum but I have not found it yet (will keep looking). It was pretty detailed about how to restore the game needed and which backup to use (it is my understanding that itunes keeps a couple). Having never done it myself, I would not be comfortable on giving steps to restore. Again, hopefully a more tech savy member can help you with this.

13. XBurt

XBurt Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    Agreed

I'm pretty sure some items have a less than 1% chance of dropping.

14. dean288367

Nov 14, 2010
    Defiance
  15. Rothgarr

Dec 19, 2010
    Cool, thanks.

It looks like iCloud is out of the picture unless you pay $100/yr so that your whole device gets backed up.

Backing up to iTunes seems straightforward. The part that I'm still unclear of after viewing those documents is... let's say Tribes gets messed up and you lose a bunch of progress. It sounds like you have to do a full restore from a backup. I'm still looking to see if you can just restore a singel app and its data...

16. Robincapner

Robincapner New Member

Sep 24, 2012
    Help!

Hello there. So I've been playing this game for months and I've been trying to complete missions to get coral. How many quests do I have to do until I'm able to build a coral mill? This is getting frustrating..

17. Rothgarr

Dec 19, 2010
    Oh boy... I fear my game is about to get corrupt (if it hasn't already). This morning I opened up the game and it said I leveled up to level 54. I then proceeded to each island to collect coins and work on quests. Each time I traveled to a different island I leveled up. Since I have five islands I'm now level 58...

18. Rothgarr

Dec 19, 2010
    You can build coral mills on the fourth island after you complete a number of quests on that island if that helps...

19. dean288367

Nov 14, 2010
    Defiance
    Oh no, that does not sound good. I hope it is ok and this morning was a fluke that you can survive. Keep us posted.

20. Vasia

Vasia Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    Some? It looks like all of them now have les than that :)