SEED 1 - Rise of Darkness FAQ

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by NDawg, Dec 22, 2009.

1. NDawg

NDawg Member

Jul 8, 2009
    WA, USA
    I don't think there is a comprehensive FAQ yet for "SEED 1 - Rise of Darkness", so I thought we could collectively pool our information together in this thread.

Please keep comments limited to gameplay tips, strategies, solutions, map locations, item information, etc. If you just want to rant, rave, or flame, do that here:
    http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=36266

2. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

To be the best, try not to only do missions, as killing loads of enemies will
    help you level up, which will help you

the sword is the better melée weapon, as although it does less damage than the two handed weapon, it strikes faster leaving little to no
    time for enemies to attack

3. NDawg

NDawg Member

Jul 8, 2009
    WA, USA
    #3 NDawg, Dec 22, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2010
    Game Information

Publisher: Chillingo Ltd
    Developer: CH Games
    Review: TouchArcade | AppGamer
    iTunes Link: Seed 1 - Rise of Darkness
    Price: Free (although there is optional DLC)
    Videos: Trailer | Gameplay

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

AppStore Description:

Adventure within a thriving universe in this fantasy-RPG. Begin your adventure as an unskilled apprentice. Defeat enemy monsters and complete quests to discover new weapons, skills and spells. Eventually, become a powerful hero who can change the world forever …

EXPLORE A THRIVING FANTASY UNIVERSE
    Every step of this exciting journey will be rewarding and enjoyable! Visit over 20 unique towns, and conquer monstrous enemies on hundreds of battlefields around the world.

GROW AND CUSTOMIZE YOUR CHARACTER
    Collect special items and manipulate them to your preference through socketing, compounding and refining your collection. Use skill and intelligence to make powerful combinations of untold power!

USE REFLEXES AND SKILL IN COMBAT
    Battle armies of fearsome monsters using weapons and magical forces. Upgrade skills and learn new abilities via elemental combat powers, weapon specializations and stunning magical spells.

EVER-CHANGING APPEARANCE
    Become attached to your character as they grow. See your character's appearance change every time you equip powerful new armor and impressive weaponry!

REAL-TIME CHANGES TO THE GAME UNIVERSE
    Witness day turning to night in-game, just as it does in the world around you. Some quests can only be done at night, while your battles also change as the sun fades and the moon rises!

EASY TRANSPORT AND DISCOVERY
    Want to save time? Just take a trip on the Ship or the Air Balloon to make travel across the huge world easier and more enjoyable.

PURCHASE HELP ALONG THE WAY
    SEED is now free to play! Through the SEED shop, you will find a wide array of items that can help you along your quest. These can be bought via in-app purchases. NOTE: For a full gaming experience, you don't need item purchasing, it is completely up to you how you use in-app purchases to enhance your gaming experience.

SEED 1: RISE OF DARKNESS is developed by CHGAMES and published by Chillingo Ltd

4. Grbldena

Grbldena New Member

Dec 26, 2009
    #4 Grbldena, Dec 26, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2009
    Appropriate post?

I'm in need of some help....

I've been trying to complete the "Lian Clamp" side quest... and I have hit a snag....

I'm on the second floor of the Lizardo Dungeon and have explored the entire floor finding only 3 of the four "clamps" and plenty of frustration.
    Being only level 45, the monsters/creatures make this a very difficult floor to navigate.
    Any help or suggestions would be helpful.

Is there secret passage? Extra room? Another floor? A prerequisite I'm missing?

5. NDawg

NDawg Member

Jul 8, 2009
    WA, USA
    Day/Night Cycle changes

Tip:

SEED 1 changes from day to night based on what time it is in real life. Or at least, what time your iPhone claims it is. At night, dungeons are slightly more challenging, but yield greater exp rewards. Furthermore, some quests can only be solved at night.

If you don't want to wait, you can manually configure the time on your iPhone to pretend like it is either day time or night time, then relaunch the game, and whala! It's whatever time you want it to be.

6. NDawg

NDawg Member

Jul 8, 2009
    WA, USA
    Sorry Grbldena, I don't remember the details of that quest. Hopefully someone else can answer it. Or if you answer it yourself first, make sure you share it here.

7. Taonuviel

Taonuviel New Member

Dec 27, 2009
    I'm having the same problem, it's so frustrating! Though I am getting some good xp fighting the monsters that can't shoot from behind the air things with a lance... they can't get close enough to strike like that.

8. Vial

Vial Member

Dec 28, 2009
    I'm having the EXACT same problem. It's so annoying. I've tried looking everywhere, exploring when it's night/day and nada. Unless I'm missing out on a secret passage or anything, I'm going to conclude that it's a glitch...

Also, does anyone know where I get the last magic spell? (hopefully it's not from the lizardo quest I'm stuck on....)

And where is a good place to lvl to and grind lvl. 55 items? Thanks a lot!

9. Grbldena

Grbldena New Member

Dec 26, 2009
    The quest be glitched Mack....

I've also tried the Night and Day switch option with similar results. BLARGH!
    I'm willing to agree with Vial here that... this here quest be glitched up, F*cked up, and a downright shame...

Still... I'm going to submit an error report to the appstore and would highly suggest everyone else do the same if we want this thing fixed. I WANT MAH LOOTS MAN! :D

As for a good place to level up and nab some good equipment... I've found that, if you're attempting to level up your projectile weapon (gun/pistol/cannon thing,) or your wizardry powers, a nice little corner in the Bakalo Plains, due... uhh.. left? of Bernard... provides a lovely set up.

The enemies here are melee only. So, if you like being cheap, run around the field to grab their attention, get a nice herd going, and then book it to the far left side of the field where a convenient L shaped fence is in place. Make sure to run along the northern side of the plateau, but stay on the upper level.
    Then, and you'll have to time this yourself, run around the fence until you're tucked away in that little sliver of field. Get as close to the top as you can.
    If you did it right, all the enemies will run into the fence and pool in that area.

For leveling the gun... Scatter shot works nicely, as it is cheap on MP and damages EVERYONE~ The floating mine takes a while... and I'm thinking we want things to move quickly here! :) the multi-mine won't be powerful enough until around level 4 anyway and that's where we're trying to get to.... so...

Anyway...
    For wizards... Your primary lightning attack will take a while as well, but it's free and... well it's free...
    If you have the blizzard attack, you should take note that... only about half of those icicles are gonna hit anything... so you may be wasting your MP.

As for upping your melee weapons...
    I'm still working on that.
    Honestly, I just run around dungeons spamming the uber-slash attack. Cost effective and, if you distance it right, you can land two hits before they can even hiccup in shock.

Oh.. and if you're gonna keep items... keep ANYTHING you want so long as the name reads in YELLOW... next step is red items... everything else... PAWN SHAWPS~!!
    And... that's all I got. PEACE.
    And thank you for your time.

10. Vial

Vial Member

Dec 28, 2009
    #10 Vial, Dec 28, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2009
    Do you know where the last magic spell is? I still can't seem to find it (frustrating as a wizard).

Thanks for the tip though. Bakalo Plains is an awesome place to grind, went from 46 to 58 spamming my fire spell in a few hrs. I've noticed that all of the drops though tend to be the same... not sure if that's a trend or not. I've gotten 6x Soul boots, 4x Soul helmets and maybe one other drop (forgot if it was from this map though). I would guess that maps have certain specific drops (no substantial evidence to back it up at this point though).

I've also never found an armor from one of the lvl.55 sets... maybe they're only in a particular place (would guess dungeons since I run through and never fight anyone)

Other tips:
    * I know it says in the help section that there are 30 weapon skill points but really, they're extremely hard to lvl. Near the end of the game, I was only at lvl. 15. This means that you should wait for your main skills to pump points into rather than wasting them on any skill thinking you'll just get more points later.
    * Keep all yellow items that are for your level, ESPECIALLY the little powders at the beginning you can comp.
    * Refine before you socket. Reason: if your refine fails, you lose it (frustrating...). If your socket fails, at least you can still use the item. NOTE: ONLY refine/socket when you have 2+ of an item/similar item, otherwise don't bother). Refining is extremely useful though and can massively pump up your atk on your weapons.
    * You can RUN THROUGH DUNGEONS. This is especially useful later in the game when monsters kill you in 2-3 hits. Just run closer to the exit, save. When you load your game back up, there's no monsters next to you so you can run a little closer to the exit, repeat.

I've played through this game twice, once as a sword/lancer, my second and now my main as a wizard:

Wizard Specific:
    * Just focus your skill points on the fire attack (5th one) and the +skill buff (need to get to lvl.50). Everything else I've never really found a use for (haven't gotten last skill yet so opinion might change).
    * Definitely the easiest to level in my experience. The fire move pretty much attacks everything on your screen so if you round up 4-5 enemies, it's easy exp. With a decent staff and skill buff, I hit 1.4-1.5k, which 2HKO's basically everything up to the last dungeon.
    * Statswise, I would recommend 2 INT, 1 VIT. VIT could probably be a bit less but the last boss is killer with low hp. It's also useful for grinding. With a bit less than 1 VIT per level, it takes 7-8 hits for me to die, which is enough time to spam potions. Anything less, and you'll see too many game over screens to concentrate on grinding. Wisdom is useless (that's what potions are for).

Sorry for the longggg post, just thought I'd contribute :D

11. ultimax1999

ultimax1999 New Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Well... i had some problem with the quest... until i thought of a possibility...
    "what if something is blocking the sight of the last chest?"
    eventually found it at bottom right corner... u see there's a plant like thing... the last chest is being blocked visually by it. but u still can get it.

anyway i already completed the game on a mage. Each time u complete the game, you'll be offered to save as a new game. If you do so, you will retain all gold and equipment u have. But, your character will go back to level 1. Also, your character retains 30% ( or was it 33%?) of the stat points that you have. No skill points for weapons though.

So that means to maximise/perfect your character, you gotta level it all the way to 100. Finish the game, save as new game, so u get an extra 100 stat points once u restart the game on the next play.

100 stat points at level 1... yummy... supposedly can do it up to 10 times if i remember correctly.

12. ultimax1999

ultimax1999 New Member

Nov 30, 2009
    well the last skill for the wizard... is quite good... u do more damage than the other skills, and suck life at the same time.. about 200+ life leech at the 1st level iirc. Same as the other skills, it is also 2 hits. But the range is around that of the ice skill... which is quite short. When farming dungeons i mostly use the fire to gather, then the last skill to finish off if they get too close + life leech.

Cant remember where i got it but you have to complete a quest with this guy before he offers you the quest to get the last skill. Try labat/bernard/haken/porta... think its one of these few.

anyway i had a few problems with mage despite him being a gd AOE killer. i wonder if you experienced the same problem... which is that his skills tend to miss a lot. i'm wondering if skills depend on dex... because when i equip staffs with +attack rating, it seems to improve my accuracy a lot for the skills... otherwise i'ld be missing so many times, which really frustrates me a lot. And yea... wisdom is quite useless. Mana regen in this game is like.. puny/non-existent/crap.

As to the armours... i farmed mostly shultan dungeon.. aka the last dungeon. also got tons of helms, boots and gloves... only once did i get a soul armour... which wasnt my target hahaha. i wanted the maiden set.

13. Hauke

Hauke New Member

Dec 28, 2009
    #13 Hauke, Dec 28, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2009
    Upgrading weaps

Will wisdom or any other factor
    affect the success rate of Refining upgrading weaps and gear?
    And that's too bad the game autosaves after attempts:p

14. Nils

Nils Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2009
    The "Lian Clamp" side quest:
    Its hidden in a "bush"!! You cant see it, but I think I approched the bush from the left...
    It could be the one you will see to the left when you enter the 2nd floor

15. Grbldena

Grbldena New Member

Dec 26, 2009
    Thank You!
    ... I have spared using caps in order to seem less of a faggot...
    but Thank You!
    So much! I feel like an idiot, but thank you!

This is only my first run through, so I'm sorry I can't put forth much information.

16. K-DEM

K-DEM New Member

Dec 29, 2009
    Some where in WV
    #16 K-DEM, Dec 29, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2009
    I need help

I'm stuck trying to beat the part with yasna and always die. I was wondering, when its night time, does the monsters level stay the same but get stronger? If so, then is it a good idea to hunt at night to get my level up faster? Cause I have been working to get my levels up for three days but its been going slow :(

Please help!

17. dbxl

dbxl Member

Aug 11, 2009
    So what does the psyche crystal do? What stats does it boost? I put it on a piece of equipment but I saw no change

18. Vial

Vial Member

Dec 28, 2009
    They give stat boosts to your equipment if the fortify works (never had it not work on me but I've only done it like three times so not sure if it is always successful).

Anyways, thanks so much for the lian quest tip! I finished some more massive grinding and I'm pretty sure there's a trend in terms of where the items drop. I'm not sure if it's randomized to different people, but I've noticed that the same 3 set items drop in each place (and this is after at least 3-4 hours in each area, grinding from 45 to 74...). Completed my first maid set too, perfect for my wizard!

Can anyone else confirm these items or maybe the same 3 set items in a place:? I've only farmed these three areas significantly to draw up any conclusions (had at least 10-15+ set items drop in each of these places)
    Shultan 4th Floor – Maid Armor, Elite Gloves, Elite Greave (maybe, forgot)
    Shultan 3rd Floor – Elite Armor, Shadow Armor, Soul Gauntlets
    Bakalo Plains – Soul Helm, Soul Greave, Shadow Helm

19. row_well_and_live

row_well_and_live New Member

Dec 28, 2009
    Thancino Dungeon

For the life of me, I cannot find the last Power Symbol chest in Thancino dungeon. Found 2 chests on second level but nothing on 3rd.

Any advice?? Is it hidden somewhere?

Thanks!

20. Cartel

Cartel New Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Seed

Nice little FAQ that has gotten started here. I had the same question about the clam quest. Thanks to those who answered. As far as leveling and other things go I finished the game with a knight. I just pumped the very first skill to lvl 6 and was swinging for around 2k at the end of the game. I think I was right at lvl 55 when I finished. I managed to collect the Maid set (Think that is the name of it). Having one of the sets really helps as it essentially boosts you 10 lvls. Nevermind that I had the mage set on as a knight, it still tops other non-set armor I could have worn. I lvled up from 48 to 55 in Shultan (the last dungeon). A lot of the floors have melee only dudes which make it nice for grinding. Anyone know if they are making a 2nd chapter to this game?