Swordigo treasures walkthrough & Strategies - highly spoilerific!

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by metalcasket, Mar 22, 2012.

1. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    #1 metalcasket, Mar 22, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2012
    Swordigo treasures walkthrough & Strategies - highly spoilerific!

Has anyone managed to find the second chest in the Chamber of the Mageblade yet?

2. justln

justln Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2011
    Singapore
    #2 justln, Mar 22, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2012

I think I know where it is but I can't get it yet. There's a really high unreachable ledge, you should see it if you jump around.

3. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    The one you get to by putting the two crates on top of each other? I've already gotten that one. :/

4. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    Okay, I think I'm the furthest in the game out of anyone (esp. On Game Center), and I'm up to Snowy Slopes and the very first screen is insanely BS. Seriously, Touch FOO, HOW!? I have every single treasure up to that point, I checked all shops several times over and there's just no way for me to progress any further.

I've been trying some creative jumping, but dear lord is it so far from fun.

//rant over.
    TouchFOO, how do I get in the area behind Corrupted Grove and further into Snowy Slopes? I've got to be missing something, because requiring players to do what I've been trying to do is just... Insane.

Also, has anyone found a spell other than the first two (missile and bomb) that you get?Grasping at straws here...

5. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Up in that area,
    there's some platforms that are kind of hard to see, and lead up to a door which you need to break. The second treasure chest is behind there

6. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Haha, thanks void! I was starting to question my sanity. :p

7. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    =o)

No problemo

8. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Gabrien, or anyone deep into the game, could I trouble you to post a screenshot of your map please? Thanks!

9. justln

justln Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2011
    Singapore
    Spell spoiler
    I just got a dragon grasp spell that allows me to hook onto purple blobs from the Fiery Depths near the Great Caves. Maybe that's what you're missing?

10. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    *nods*

11. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    Yeah, it was. Thanks!

Sent a PM to Touch Foo (who are awesome btw) and turns out I managed to find a way around the normal progression if the game.

As for time that people have asked about - I'm at 8 and a half hours in (#2 in the leaderboard at the time if this post) and 91% completed. For someone who isn't fussed about collecting the treasures though, the time will be a bit less.

I have the whole map unlocked (almost), but I can't post pics from my iPhone, so I'll do it tomorrow if anyone is still interested then.

12. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Thanks!

13. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    #13 syntheticvoid, Mar 22, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2012

[​IMG]

WORLD MAP @ 42% COMPLETE

If anyone is wondering... each section of the map is not specifically just one section of the world... there's some parts which contain 2, 3 or even more other sections, but are grouped within the same spot on the map... if that makes sense...

IE; there might be a pathway that goes down, and one that goes up...

the one that goes up would lead to the next section of the world map, while the one that goes down could lead to a section with hidden parts that's still considered the section you were in on the world map...

Hope I didn't confuse anyone... =oP

It is a big game, when it comes to platformers... but right now, I'm thinking it's not very long. Maybe 4-5ish hours judging by the percent completed and how much time I've got in it ATM.

**edit** just saw echo's post about being 91% done, and at 8 hours... hopefully it takes me that long too... =o/

14. justln

justln Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2011
    Singapore
    So... Who's the bloody genius at Touch FOO who decided it was fun to put a flying boss that spews fireballs and you can only grab it out of the sky with a spell that costs mana and can miss then you need to jump attack to hit it but your mana is limited?

Please, hit him/her for me.

15. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    if you stop by the girl before that section, she tells you not to go down there...

I'm guessing you can get past it later in the game...

16. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    With the right armor/weapons that I have now, that enemy is a cakewalk. And I defeated him when I first saw him too, but it took me forever.

17. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    Heh. I wasn't about to leave once I saw it was possible, just a matter of patience. I don't think it took all that long anyhow, maybe 10 mins or so? In any case, you are given fair warning. Also, I found this out later, but:
    if you do go up first, just a little ways, you should acquire a trinket that can make the battle go a fair bit faster.

18. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Push the lower crate to the left so it's right under the ledge the second crate is on, and then go up and push the second crate till it falls off the edge and lands on top of the first one. Then just push them both
    all the way to the left and double jump. ;)

19. theblackw0lf

theblackw0lf Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2009
    #19 theblackw0lf, Mar 22, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2012
    Need help with the flying boss that shoots fireballs

I have an Iron Sword, the shadow trinket that saps energy, the firebolt spell and the bomb spell. Is that all I can acquire so far to help me out with this boss? Or is there anything else that will help me fight it? And where else could I find it? The path to the castle is currently locked and I need a key. So I'm guessing this is where I have to go

edit: nevermind, found another route

20. justln

justln Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2011
    Singapore
    You need the third spell from the bottom right dungeons Fiery Depths.

Nope, you can only double jump. There's another ability that allows your character to reach some places with the purple slime on the ceiling.