Death Road to Canada by Rocketcat Games+Madgarden
Death Road to Canada is a new collaboration I'm working on with Madgarden. It's a randomized permadeath road trip simulator. You and your group of survivors have to travel from Florida to Canada, making Choose Your Own Adventure style decisions. This is mixed in with segments where you explore and loot randomly generated cities, find survivors to recruit, and try to avoid or break through increasingly huge hordes of zombies.
Some big things that set the game apart:
- The "death metaphor" style of zombie where they're slow, but persistent and in huge numbers. Shambling wall of death.
- Every survivor has a random appearance, personality, and special traits.
- Big focus on rare surprises and Easter Egg style events.
- Play as a dog for some reason.
- CYOA events influnced by the personalities, stats, and background of your group of survivors.
It's inspired by King of Dragon Pass, River City Ransom, Wasteland Kings (by Vlambeer), The Walking Dead (tv show), and a very tiny bit of Oregon Trail.
Will be posting news about the game and answering any questions in this thread. We're shooting for October. I'm thinking $5 on iOS, in exchange for having no IAP.