Support our Sponsors:

Old 11-02-2013, 03:39 PM

Default Battleheart Legacy

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Here's a first video of our next game, Battleheart Legacy. Hope you enjoy, and feel free to post any questions. For best results, flip it to 720p! Price and release date are TBD, but we are in the final stretch of development and expect to finish up shortly after the new year.
Old 11-02-2013, 03:57 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Default looks fun

I'll be picking this game up for sure. I take it the controls are tap to move? Not a huge fan of this but I can deal I'm one that prefers the virtual joystick.
Old 11-02-2013, 04:06 PM
Developer
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

oh wow looks awesome. cant wait!
Old 11-02-2013, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingman View Post
I'll be picking this game up for sure. I take it the controls are tap to move? Not a huge fan of this but I can deal I'm one that prefers the virtual joystick.
Yup, tap to move, or to lock on to a target. A quick double tap enters into a sustained movement mode where your character follows your finger until you release.

I'm also a fan of virtual joysticks for many games (such as our own Zombieville games), but for this one I think you'll find the RTS-style controls fit the gameplay very well.
Old 11-02-2013, 04:21 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Default yeah!!

awsome please it's works on ipod touch 4th???
Old 11-02-2013, 04:28 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Looks awesome guys! It's great you can finally show us the game.

So, how does the skill system work? can you make hybrid classes? I found the following categories of skills in the video, are any missing?

Knight
Battlemage
Necromancer
Ranger
Witch
Ninja
Bard
Wizard

I didn't find rogue or monk, yet I definitely saw skills similar to both in the video. So are their skills in the ninja tree?
Old 11-02-2013, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krillin63 View Post
awsome please it's works on ipod touch 4th???
4th gen has a retina display, right? If so, then yes, it should work just fine. We're supporting iPhone 4+ or equivalent, and all iPads (though 1st gen iPads aren't ideal).
Old 11-02-2013, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brrobotix View Post
Looks awesome guys! It's great you can finally show us the game.

So, how does the skill system work? can you make hybrid classes? I found the following categories of skills in the video, are any missing?

Knight
Battlemage
Necromancer
Ranger
Witch
Ninja
Bard
Wizard

I didn't find rogue or monk, yet I definitely saw skills similar to both in the video. So are their skills in the ninja tree?
In addition to the list you made there, there's Rogue, Monk, Paladin, and Barbarian for a total of 12 classes encompassing a whopping 156 skills.

The skill system is pretty simple - each class has a group of skills (example: wizard) and each skill has stat requirements to learn (example: chain lightning requires 7 intelligence). When you level up, you get 3 stat points to distribute amongst 6 core stats: strength, dexterity, intelligence, skill, endurance and charisma, and as long as you have the stats, you can learn the associated skills. So while you CAN focus on a single class, it's usually very easy to scoop up some low-level skills from other classes by spreading your stats around a little when you level up. The only real limitation is that you have a finite number of slots for skills.

The classes overlap in ways that make sense, for example both rogues and rangers care about dexterity, so its very plausible to make a "hybrid" ranger/rogue that can stealth and shoot bows, or something like that. Generally speaking, we deliberately placed low-hanging fruit in each classes skill selection so that experimenting with hybrids is highly viable.
Old 11-02-2013, 05:57 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

sounds awesome. I guess this means we'll get some cool skill combos that will stack and build off each other to facilitate a certain strategy, like how the Paladin could almost become a primary healer, or a tank. How many of the skills in the original Battleheart are being carried over, and how many brand new ones did you add? I noticed a Monk attack that looked a lot like one of the originals from Battleheart, where the monk teleports all over the map and hits every enemy present.

Also, "is there any kind of multiplayer/Co-op mode planned for release, or a later update?" - My girlfriend

Keep up the good work! It's looking amazing so far, looking forward to getting a release date (this is TA after all. Someone had to ask.)

Last edited by Brrobotix; 11-02-2013 at 06:12 PM..
Old 11-02-2013, 06:06 PM

So it runs on iPod 4th generation, and I can create a hybrid of my two favourite classes: the ranger and rogue. YES, THIS WILL DO.